My Sweecret laboratory. 5th Sweet Seeds competition grow diary 2018/19

jadenugs

Day 63 harvest of Cream 47

Well the Cream 47 had a fair few degrading amber trichs showing on day 63 so I thought I'd best get her down. The rest of the trichomes were mostly milky but still some clear/half milky.

Her last four feeds had been plain tap water so the leaves were yellowing rapidly and I was removing them as they curl up and die.

Here's a couple of full plant pics before I chopped her down

large.5ca93b53008aa_1ER.jpglarge.5ca93b5d918a5_2ER.jpg

Some cola shots

large.5ca93b677df2b_3ER.jpglarge.5ca93b72701a4_4ER.jpglarge.5ca93b7f1bc0a_5ER.jpglarge.5ca93ba256539_6ER.jpglarge.5ca93bad59499_7ER.jpglarge.5ca93bb843d71_8ER.jpglarge.5ca93bc27e30d_9ER.jpg

And some closer ones of some tops

large.5ca93bcc6e772_10ER.jpglarge.5ca93bf01623f_11ER.jpglarge.5ca93bfa9467d_12ER.jpglarge.5ca93c04e8e70_13ER.jpg

• Like 7

A couple of macros to show the trichomes at different stages

large.5ca93cb7b33b8_20ER.jpglarge.5ca93ccaaf059_14ER.jpg

I took a few pics of the last bud with different parts in focus and cropped those bits out.

large.5ca93cd51f232_15ER.jpglarge.5ca93cdfb3c9d_16ER.jpg

large.5ca93ceae170c_17ER.jpglarge.5ca93cf58b76d_18ER.jpglarge.5ca93cff87d42_19ER.jpg

Here's the freshly chopped colas in a tray

Strong smell of spices and  freshly sawn timber while I was chopping her

large.5ca93d8f0f6f5_21ER.jpg

Laid out on some nylon for a better view of the harvest

large.5ca93d995cdb4_22ER.jpg

Hanging to dry. The attic temps at the moment are sitting around 17C. Not sure about the RH but the air from the attic room is being drawn through my tent so the air is constantly moving nice and steadily. I need the weather to stay as it is for the next couple of weeks and I'll be chuffed. Any warmer and the temps will rise up there big time.

large.5ca93da385f90_23ER.jpg

I cut into the rootball with a hacksaw blade and opened it out to show the roots but I never brushed much compost away on this one to expose them. You'll see more roots on the others later, because I brushed more compost away. All the rootballs were quite solid anyways

large.5ca93dae50d44_25ER.jpg

The scissor hash was really nice. Floral aroma with a sweet perfume hash taste. Uplifting high, top of the range :yep: A good sign of things to come me thinks :)

large.5ca93db9bd2ef_24R.jpg

Got a lot going on in my life at the moment so I'll update the other girls as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking dudes, happy growing and be lucky :bong:

• Like 11

Day 64 harvest of Crystal Candy FV

The Crystal was cooked to around the same level as the C47, maybe a few more degraded trichs. Most were cloudy and a few in between clear and cloudy.

She had 4 plain water feeds as she finished up and dying leaves were removed daily to avoid the potential for rot.

Pre chop full plant pics

large.5caa886489208_1ER.jpglarge.5caa886ebb04f_2ER.jpg

Some shots of her colas

large.5caa8878b2c3c_3ER.jpglarge.5caa88832514a_4ER.jpglarge.5caa888e3c0c3_5ER.jpglarge.5caa88a28d91a_6ER.jpg

Tops a little bit closer.

large.5caa88b443da6_7ER.jpg

large.5caa88bec3550_8ER.jpglarge.5caa88c8e386e_9ER.jpglarge.5caa88d3be7c5_10ER.jpglarge.5caa88df5df45_11ER.jpg

• Like 11

Closer still

Some nice colors were appearing on this girl but I couldn't have left her going for much longer as the leaves would have ended up dying into the buds from the lack of food. She was ripe anyway and ready to come down

large.5caa88e9a308c_12ER.jpglarge.5caa8912de05d_13ER.jpglarge.5caa891e217d8_14ER.jpglarge.5caa89286e50a_15ER.jpg

And the trichome shotslarge.5caa8b004c0c1_18ER.jpg

large.5caa8af5e7731_171ER.jpg

I like the trichs in amongst the pistils here

large.5caa8b0d3dcd7_20ER.jpg

One of the crowns and a couple of crops from the crown

large.5caa89568c4b0_16ER.jpglarge.5caa8939b083c_161ER.jpglarge.5caa8944676c5_162ER.jpg

• Like 11

Here's the colas in a tray waiting to be hung to dry. Smelling more citrus lemon now, the bubblegum aroma has disappeared. Maybe it will come back with the cure.

large.5caa8b17ddc37_21ER.jpg

Laid out for a better view before hanging to dry

large.5caa8b22904a4_22ER.jpg

Hanging to dry, which I hope will take at least 14 days. Temps are still 17C. If it gets warm up there and they start drying too quickly I'll either hang some brown paper over the hanging colas to semi enclose them and still allow a bit of airflow underneath, or I'll place the colas in brown paper bags for a few days, then hang again.

large.5caa8b2d5e24d_23ER.jpg

The rootball, cut into with a hacksaw blade. This time I brushed more compost away with my fingers so there's more roots exposed for you to see. You'll also notice a bit more salt build up on the outside of this one. That'll be the excess calmag :wassnnme: They all had a good flush with plain water anyway so hopefully I'll have some sweet tasting weed if the dry and cure goes ok.

large.5caa8b388b385_24ER.jpg

And here's the scissor hash. Less than I got from the C47 but nice stuff nevertheless. A citrus hint to the aroma and the high is up and intense for a while before settling into a stone. I smoked some in a pipe to trim the SPCBD and found myself rushing into the trimming a bit and catching the buds with the scissors. Had to slow down and be more carefull lol

large.5caa8b42c7228_25ER.jpg

That's yer lot for now. Next will be the Sweet Pure CBD when I get chance to sort all the pics out.

Thanks for looking, be lucky :v:

• Like 13

@Serpent Cheers dude, yeah the scissor hash was nice, looking forward to trying some bud when the dry and cure is done :)

@countrock Thankyou mate. You on with your next tent grow yet, or are you concentrating on outdoors?

All the best lads :bong:

• Like 2

@jadenugs Your pics are stunning. Beautiful looking buds too. The colours through them are amazin. I had my first sample of scissor hash at the weekend. It's lovely stuff. :bong:

• Like 3

Lovely stuff jadenugs what a great diary and superb pics :yinyang: keen to hear your thoughts on the sweet pure effects and taste :)

• Like 2

@The Padawan thanks mate. Aye fresh scissor hash is always tasty fresh from the live plant. Packs a punch too ;) Glad you enjoyed yours :yep: 

@Openairbud Cheers dude. I'll let you know in due course. My experience with high cbd is not really much of an effect when smoked on it's own. It does relax the mind though and I can tell that I've had something, just no buzz. From the smell of this one I think it is going to be quite tasty :)

• Like 3

Great work, I have enjoyed catching up with this. You've done very well with the plants despite some minor problems earlier on. Looks like you have a nice stash to enjoy once it has dried. Thank you for sharing it with us and showing us how you've done it. Thanks for the great pictures and info about that, which has been really interesting to learn about. I have also just bought a Raynox DCR250, I just need a few trichomes to practice with. If I can get pictures as good as yours I will be very very happy!

• Like 2

@delagdo Thankyou mate, kind words. Yes I had a few problems in the beginning and I was worried that they wouldn't do very well so I'm glad they have done ok in the end.

The Raynox is a good bit of kit, I'm sure you will get some great pictures with it :yep: Good luck and thanks for popping in.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, jadenugs said:

@Serpent Cheers dude, yeah the scissor hash was nice, looking forward to trying some bud when the dry and cure is done :)

@countrock Thankyou mate. You on with your next tent grow yet, or are you concentrating on outdoors?

All the best lads :bong:

i've started the tent grow,with the usual....i'll say stupidity,again.5 from 6 seeds sprouted,but i've confused the 10ml bottle i use for pH -,with one identical that has SiO2....

and beside 1,the others  are struggling  to survive.1st i've used the mix and then,start wondering why the pH- was is not working.........:bangin:

As for outdoors,i didn t went to check the spots yet,but i have plenty of time for 1 grow.Probably i'll  pot at the begin of June,so they crop the fields around there first(i hope this makes sense:))and go for fast fems.3 1/2 months ,are enough.

I'll have to water frequently in the Summer,so i have to find a spot with water near.I m at 40 latitude ,but Summer it s quite dry.

Atb:yep:

• Like 1