the lone deranger

large.5bc20501e2d94_sweetlogofullbigready.JPG

2018/19 Sweet Seeds Comp

Hello sweet people, and thanks for stopping in to my Sweet Seeds Competition diary.  I'm really excited to be a part of this comp, and it's already lining up to be a good one. I'm hoping it will inspire me to get on top of my growing again having had an up and down 6 months, indoors and out.

Some well loved characters are already up and running too. I look forward to watching all your grows and getting to know you all that bit better :yep:

As ever, a massive thanks to all those involved in making this comp happen, and good luck to all those entering.

large.elefante-sweet-seeds.jpg

Sweet Seeds were kind enough to send me 3 packs of 3 (with 4 seeds in each) to grow out for this comp. Depending on timing, i will probably chuck some more into the mix to keep things large.5bc205046bf64_sweetlogo.jpg till the end.

I chose Creme Caramel, Black Jack and Creme Mandarin Auto.

Having never grown SS stuff befor, it was a hard choice! The first two have always seemed like old favourites to me. I've only ever read very good things about them and often see people raving about how delicious and strong they are. I've also got a sweet tooth so i've always fancied the creme caramel. Not gonna lie, the Auto was a slight mistake :doh: I had it in my head the comp went on longer than it does, and i was gonna grow the auto's outside. Realising i havn't got time, i'm going to grow them inside, obviously   lol

large.5bc205046bf64_sweetlogo.jpglarge.packets.JPGlarge.5bc20503666e8_sweetlogosmallready.JPG

It's actually worked out quite well. I'm still a bit of a sceptic with auto's and have had limited success with them, indoors and out. But i'm keen to be proven wronge. Again i've only heard and seen good things about Sweet Seeds Auto's, so i'll give them my best go and remain open to being convinced lol

Going to give them extra special treatment, and make them my focus. Wheras i normally just chuck them in to fill space during veg.

@teehee @blackpoolbouncer I'm roughly combining your styles with these auto's mates, so feel free to chip with advice and point out anything you would/n't do.

I might even chuck some pollen on them too :yep:

For those that don't know me, I've been around the boards for a while. Used to be @tigseyjnr, but had a bit of a scare. It was unwarrented, but i'll stick with this account now. I'm in the process of setting up a new grow space in the smaller section of an old mill, with thick stone walls and a concrete floor. Work in progress, but it's effectivly a mezzanine made out of larch and other scraps, with the grow space underneath :yep: I'm venting out of a discrete window, with active and passive intakes coming from inside the building.

Potentially a very stable environment, but it's not finished, and not dialled in yet. 

My narnia ...

large.narnia.JPG

(eventually, those boards will be sanded up, and the crappy, treated wood will be swapped with larch. But it's all cosmetic. I just had to get these tents out of sight asap)

This door opens up into an area approximatly 1.6m x 4m x 2m . I've got my two roofqubes in there at the moment, and a veg cab for mums and cuts. Eventually i'll pull the tents out and have proper individual, insulated rooms, but that's all a way off yet. For now, i'm happy with my tents..

large_open.JPG

Both have adjustable 600w HPS with parabolic shades. 6" rvk's, 6" mountain/carbo air filters, electric blankets and decent fans for air movement. Only got one sms controller at the moment.

large_left.JPG

The little veg cab just has 10w t4's in..

large.5bc205f553bcf_smallts.JPG   but i 'm probably not even be using this as i'm cracking straight on with the autos under hps.

I've done a bit of rearranging which means this tent is now free :yep: 

large.planted.JPG

I popped all 4 creme caramel straight into 10ltr pots.

They are under 250w hps, that will be turned up to 400, then 600 as they grow. I watered in the whole pot as I dont like watering small sections. I'll pull the cling film off as soon as they show. I shouldn't need to water again for ages :yep:

As you can see, the electric blanket doing it's job (the lights had only just come on). a steady 24'c at the pots lights on and off. I dont bother taking temps anywhere else. It was bloody cold outside too :B):

I hate having empty floor space, (one of my pet hates about this style of growing autos) so i've got a few other things along side for now :yep:

large.extra.JPG

And the fun begins :toldya:

In all my grows i will be using these bits..

large.tools.JPG

A compost based on coco coir and EWC. It's properly lush, straight out of the pack, available locally, no peat, and only £6 a pack. My favourite garden centre matey keeps it under cover for me too :yep:  It's perfect for young plants and seedlings, but not very high in food, so i have to introduce feed after a week in the final pots.  Other than that, fungi, root stim, biobizz fishmix and bloom and that's it. I do have epsom salts and harkers as back up but hopefully wont be needing them (famous last words :yes:).

Thanks again for stopping in. I'll be back with some pic's when the plants are growing :thisbig:

Nice one :guitar:

large.5bc205046bf64_sweetlogo.jpg

SSSSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt!!!!

Edited by the lone deranger
tidy it up and sp
  • Like 19

@the lone deranger Good to see another Sweet Seeds virgin popping their cherry in this competition. 

A very nice start to your diary dude, very detailed. I love the look of your set up and setting up in an old mill sounds very interesting.

Good luck with the competition dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

I can't believe i've never grown any. It's wierd the way you can miss whole sections of this site, and get trapped in others lol

4 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

setting up in an old mill sounds very interesting

It's a dream come true to be honest mate. Will eventually live in it, but there's no rush. No running water yet, but the groom's nearly done lol

Thanks for stopping in dude.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, the lone deranger said:

It's a dream come true to be honest mate. Will eventually live in it, but there's no rush. No running water yet, but the groom's nearly done lol

Good to see you got your priorities right dude. Good luck to you I say. I live in a town at the moment but as soon as I retire I will be finding somewhere isolated to live and spend my time growing weed with no worries about nosy neighbours.

I can’t believe I haven’t run any Sweet Seeds before now either dude, it’s a travesty but at least we are on it now. Fun times for all us virgins ahead.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

Excellent start to the diary, very impressive... something tells me you’re going to produce a fantastic diary...best of luck with it - I’ll be watching along :) 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

something tells me you’re going to produce a fantastic diary

I'm good at starting diaries, finishing them? is another matter lol  Generally, if my life's going good, my indoor grow struggles and my outdoor thrives. If i'm struggling, my indoor does well, and my outdoor goes to shit. Here's to a shit few months :yep:

Nice to have you along for the ride.

@lois lane thanks. Always nice to see you around. It makes me think of your delicious treats, and your concentrates :chef:

Edited by the lone deranger
  • Like 9

Very well organised grow and diary, looking forward to your updates. What a fantastic, interesting space. I love this site for the little gimpses it gives into secret places that exist all around us. I really hope you get a nice surprise from the Cream Mandarine Autos.

• Like 4

Thanks dude @delagdo

Cant lie, i'm pleased with my new space . Will be almost perfect once the tents are out, and the rooms are done, but no rush.

I'm the same mate, i love getting little insights into everyone else's secret gardens. There's some lovely plants been grown outdoors this year too :yep:  not by me though lol

I am very open to being suprised by the auto's lol Like i said, i'm gonna give them every chance. Thanks for stopping in mate.

• Like 6

Nice start to the diary @the lone deranger and thanks for the mention there..... thank fuck you're also copying @blackpoolbouncer's style, cos he's the voice of reason and I'm just a blagger that gets lucky every so often!

I did the Cream Mandarine XL once, and she was a very tasty smoke. She didn't get very big, but she produced a nice tight bush of bud... so I'm hoping you'll get a great result from her.

Looks like this is gonna be an epic ride, so I'll tag along if you don't mind!

Good luck mate!

• Like 4

lol

11 minutes ago, teehee said:

I'm just a blagger that gets lucky every so often!

Not at all mate. You've been smashing out giant auto's for years!! I remember seeing one of your dutch passion giants befor i even knew what an auto was!  You're right though, BP did get it down to an art.

It's the final product i'm bothered about though. Gonna be cropping a load of ugorg killer skunk and premier sweet just befor the auto's so they've got a lot to live up to :bong:

13 minutes ago, teehee said:

She didn't get very big, but she produced a nice tight bush of bud

That should be perfect, i was worried about putting all 4 in. Glad i did now :yep:

Will be tapping you up for advice on your water system soon, but i'll leave that out of this diary lol (Saw your pic of your water tank. It's huge!!)

Nice to have you along mate.

:guitar:

• Like 5