Some advice after a sweet seeds mix up

Gorillaman283

Bear with me here as this is a bit of an epic.. I planted what I thought were some cream mandarins FV (non autos) on 23rd July, really late in the season but I thought I might get a little bit off it.. I had a big green poison photo going and this started flowering way earlier than my cream mandarins. These guys were taking ages to start flowering. Grown in a greenhouse at lat 51. First proper sign of flowering around 9th Sept but I thought it could be just cus i planted late. 

Anyway by the start of Oct there still wasn't much flowering so I put them in under lights indoors on 12 on 12 off and they're chugging away nicely now.

Then it struck me did I actually buy cream mandarin photos? So I went back over my order from sweet seeds and it says crystal candy AUTOS!! Different variety and AUTOS what was i thinking ARRGH so it seems they may be autos all along and they are small and compact which I thought maybe due to late planting at end of july. But these should be grown on 24hrs light right if they're autos??

Wonder what people's view are as to whether I flick em over to 24 and maybe if I post a pic might someone know what they are for sure? 

• Like 2

Cheers mate!

Hehehe, nice one :yep:

If you are keeping them indoor I would go with 18/6.

With 12/12 you loose 10%-25% of yield and a bit of quality comparing to 18/6.

With 24/0 yield will be approximately the same. I would only do 24/0 if nights were too cold so that temps don't drop too much and in the las 2 weeks of flowering to keep the humidity low.

Good luck and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

Cheers Tommy. I guess the question is will it hurt them transferring them to 18/6 from 12/12. I can't find anything definitive on line. Or am I better leaving them on 12/12 being as they look ok. Temp isn't an issue.. what would you do?

• Like 2

Also is there an easy way to check they're definitely autos. I have a nagging feeling I got delivered cream mandarin photo's and that's why I thought they were these and if I flick to 18/6 it could totally balls everything up. I definitely ordered crystal candy and not cream mandarins though.

I don't have all the packaging still. That'd be too easy :wallbash:

I'm guessing there is no easy way though.. ahh what a mess. Wish I could have a discussion with my plants.

• Like 2

Hi again mate!

You can change from 12/12 to 18/6 without any stress of problems to the plants. But if you want, do it gradually like first day 13/11, then 14/10, then 15/9, then 16/8, then 17/7 and finally 18/6.

Do you remember how the package was? Autoflowering packages are horizontal and photoperiod-dependent packages are vertical.

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 1