Bud rot uses for a noob

Seabee

Hi guys,

so im a complete noob and am in the flowering stage of my first ever grow (almost 6 weeks). Unfortunately, I am dealing with bud rot at the moment as the temperatures have dropped and the 3 plants are in the ground in the greenhouse. So I’ve just been cutting out the parts of/whole flowers in an attempt to stop it spreading. I was wondering if there are any uses for the growing collection of 5 week flower half buds with bud rot? Or do I just throw em in the bin? They smell great :) The seeds were feminized. Dutch Kush from Paradise Seeds. Any other advice about the rot in general would be great. As I’m a complete noob any advice is great advice IMO. 

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Seabee
  • Like 1

Hi mate, welcome to the site.

I know it's disheartening to see your efforts rotting away, but it's all part of the game.  Expect to loose half, grow twice as much as you need lol .

Can you improve airflow at all?

Keep picking the worst off, but if you've got weeks to go, you might struggle. Got any pic's?

You can always cut your losses and hash the lot..

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/58-hash-amp-oil/

I'm in SW Wales, outdoors, and struggle with mould. Keep trying different strains untill you find what works for you. Good luck :yep:

Edited by the lone deranger
  • Like 2

Thanks a million mate. That link is super. Could get lost in it hours! 

Ive been leaving the door and the one and only window in it open every day and wiping any condensation off the windows first thing each morning but other than that not really. 3 weeks to go but pulling flowers off daily at this stage. 

Will upload pics pics after I take some tomorrow as no doubt there’ll be more. Hopefully will get something out of it but time will tell. As long as it’s not a total waste! lol

im in south Ireland myself so similar climate I’m sure. The mould is a killer. Will try in pots next time and move in them inside and out if I can! 

im in s wales  and have  exactly the same problem  mate .....    i just keep picking out the mold and hoping for the best ...

• Like 1

Cool, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing then mate. Hopefully all is not lost. Will upload pics shortly. Thanks again for your advice gents. Much appreciated! 

If you can get a fan in and blast it up through the plant this definitely helps. Basically watch it like a hawk and chop out any you see straight away because it spreads quickly. I had this really bad 3 years ago because I started to keep the doors closed in my greenhouse at night to try and keep the heat in but this had a really bad effect on air flow/condensation. I watched it really carefully and put a fan blasting up through the plants and chopped out a bit of the dense foliage and still did really well from it. You'll have to watch it carefully when drying it too.

If you do it next year go for varieties that finish early as if you can help it you don't want to be chopping in November. I've done green poison FV by sweet seeds for the last 2 years and harvested 7th October in GH and mid October in veg patch. Absolutely zero mould this year as well..

Oh and pray for some decent weather in Oct as it's crap at the moment! Good luck

• Like 1