Cream Mandarine XL Auto & Jack 47 Auto in coco & compost under 315w CMH

delagdo

Congratulations mate, you have some nice pictures and good work with the ladies ;)

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour!

jaypp

• Like 3

End Results

I didn't have time to process pictures and write an update before our Christmas guests arrived - it was a whirlwind of scrubbing, hovering, tinsel, nativities, and wrapping paper - so I have saved a final report now.

Normally there are four of us here (myself, my wife, and our two children) but we also had my wife's mother, father, sister and husband, and their two children for nearly a week including Christmas day. We do just about have room but it was a tight squeeze and very busy. There were some Christmas/family related stresses, which could write a whole post about, but it would be more suitable for reddit r/relationships than here so I'll save it. I was kept going by frequent sampling of my new harvest as well as the remainder of my last batch. Then after Christmas, we went to my parents for a few days to see my side of the family, which again was pretty hectic. Finally we are back at home again and I can get on with it.

Once the final plant was dry, shortly after those last pictures were taken, I put it away in jars with the rest of my stash.

First, the yield in reverse order. The Cream Mandarine XL Auto in compost was the worst performer, I think it was so underfed all the leaves shriveled up and died before the buds had a chance to swell. Only 17g.

The Jack 47 Auto in compost had similar problems with underfeeding and has done only slightly better, producing 22g.

The Jack 47 Auto in coco suffered problems which stunted and damaged parts of the plant, but there was some healthy growth too. It gave me 30g.

The Cream Mandarine XL Auto in coco clearly had similar issues, but did much better at 80g. Given optimal conditions I'm sure it could have been much more. On the other hand, if all four plants had turned out like this I'd consider it a great result.

Here's some pictures. First here's the Cream Mandarine XL Auto buds from the coco plant, there's about 24g in the three large dense buds shown here:
large.5c2d2353b7c06_creammandarinexlautococobuds.jpg

Here's about 10g of Jack 47 Auto buds from the coco plant:
large.5c2d234b9ea60_Jack47autococobuds.jpg

Here's some buds from the compost plants, the Cream Mandarine XL Auto on the left and Jack 47 Auto on the right.:
large.5c2d235112ddf_compostbuds.jpg

I have taken a picture for the sticker contest:
large.deliciousqtrsofsweets.jpg

I got these huge old sweetie jars from a charity shop recently. All the Cream Mandarine XL Auto from the coco plant fits in the larger one on the right, and the single ounce of coco Jack 47 Auto only half fills the smaller one on the right. On the scales in front I have placed 7g of each strain, hence the title I have given my entry, 'Delicious Quarters of Sweets'.

I have been sampling them although they aren't cured yet. Here's my testing equipment (Dynavap Vapcap M and Pax 3):
large.vapes.jpg

The Jack 47 Auto is really nice, surprisingly very sweet and fruity. The compost version smells like bananas, melons and tropical fruit and it tastes like weedy pineapple rock, it is very special. The coco version is very similar but just not as strong flavoured. The high seems more subtle than the Killer Kush Auto I have, it seems nice and relaxing, in a happy, not sleepy way. I am not sure, it's perhaps not quite as strong as the Killer Kush or the Cream Mandarine XL Auto but still potent. Stronger than the Fast Bud #2 of which I have a tiny bit left.

The Cream Mandarine XL Auto on the other hand is very strong in effect, at least from the bigger coco plant. It seems to have more of a sativa effect. It's very subjective, I don't have a lot of experience with sativas and I think I personally don't notice them so much at lower levels when the effects are less physical than indicas, it's just what I am used to. However it doesn't take a lot of this stuff, and I get type of high that can leave me wondering from room to room, wandering "what did I come in here for?" going round in circles literally and mentally. When I did have a lot of it, I got to a point where I had red glassy eyes and said some of the daftest things I ever have to my wife, and ate way too many Christmas goodies.

I haven't sampled the compost version of Cream Mandarine XL Auto much yet as I only have a small amount. The compost version really does smell like mandarins, more of a planty orange smell than a sweet fruity one, but it does smell delicious. It's not very strong in odour. I want to save it and cure it to make the most of it. I had a quick taste but it wasn't much beyond hay at that point. The coco version on the other hand smells very strongly. There  is a background orange note similar to the compost version, but on top of this is a much stronger heavy stench that I can only really describe as cannabis. I'm sorry that isn't very useful but it's all I think of when I smell this. It reminds me of some of the strong smelling UK black market weed I used to buy in the early noughties, and opening the jar is quite nostalgic for me actually. I'm hoping it might become a bit more orange in the cure but I don't mind. Flavour wise, there is quite a strong and distinct taste I am struggling to put into words too. It doesn't quite taste of citrus fruit, as it's not sweet like that. A bit woody maybe, like orange ganja potpourri?

So, that's nearly it from me with this diary. I would like to come back and add some reflections and future plans when I get a chance, while they are still fresh in my mind. I will try and do that soon. I'm also really looking forward to catching up with all the other diaries here and everything that you've all done over Christmas. Thank you for reading everyone! :yep:

• Like 10

very nice smoke report that and those pics show what its all about ..nice one .

• Like 4

Cracking photos and smoke report @delagdo and sounds like your Xmas/New Year was all a bit hectic (compared to mine!), so I bet it's good to be back :smokin:

Enjoy the fruits of your labour bud :yep:

• Like 3

I totally agree with Serpent. These pictures are top class ;)

Thanks for posting and good luck!

jaypp

• Like 4

Really enjoyed your diary delagdo, some great pics and interesting smoke report. Got my mouth watering.

:yep:

• Like 4

@delagdoA very nice conclusion to a quality diary, the smoke report is awesome and those dry bud shots are very creative.

Thanks for sharing all this with us over the last few months, it’s been quite a journey.

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour dude.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...