recomendations ec /ph pen

OK guys its coming up to the time in my grow where i need to purchase a ec / ph pen for the neuts and run off etc im on a budget though of about £80 can any one recomend a good quality pen that will work well with the soil etc.  Dunno if it makes any diffrence but im useing old label (peat ) gold label soil and b for the neuts, and some genusis microbase and genuisu bloom neutraint Thanks in advance

Have learned on here that you don't need to ph nutes when feeding in soil, so maybe you don't need a pen for that.  I used to just use the cheap little testing kit (the little vial with liquid) for ph anyway, it's more accurate than a pen as it cannot require any calibration.

For EC (I need a new one myself) you've got a £40 option which is a cheap little black stick, or go to about £70 and get the truncheon.  My cheap model lasted about 2 years, don't know if that's good / bad.  I didn't clean it or owt in those 2 years, maybe that caused the failure.

• Like 1

I have a bluelab truncheon.   It hasn't let me down yet.   Ph pen, theres a load of choice. From about £10 upwards.    

:yinyang:

I've had the truncheon about 10 years. Changed the batterys once lol   Had the cheaper 1 before it (trash). I broke the glass bit at the end in a few day's.  The bluelab is idiot proof (perfect for me). If you can stretch the £70/80 for it.  It's well worth it. :smokin:

uncle. 

Edited by Uncleisiah
More info
  • Like 1

I agree, bluelab stuff is great. 

I also bought a cheap ec pen.. the 40 quid I saved didn't compensate for the 300 odd quid of leccy I wasted when the ec fucked up my crop.

bluelab all the way, but like said, you don't really need a ph pen in mud

• Like 3