Fruit Auto

jimmy_two

Hi , I started this seed too late for best results , but It's a healthy plant and very sticky . This is the first grow of any kind in about 15 years . Happy I chose Dinafem as I can tell it's good genetics . This pic is of day 60, hopefully well get some more sunny days and the buds will thicken up a bit in the next two weeks. 

Feeding half strength terra flores (a 15 year old bottle) every other wateringlarge.P1070380.JPGlarge.P1070379.JPG 

• Like 5

On 13/09/2018 at 7:09 PM, jimmy_two said:

This is the first grow of any kind in about 15 years . Happy I chose Dinafem as I can tell it's good genetics .

Yes, we may have some of the world's best genetics but we would be nowhere if growers such as yourself did no grow out our strains and put their faith in our creations.

For your 1st grow in 15 years your doing a fine job and thank you for choosing our genetics for this outdoor adventure :bong:

Going of the pictures I would say another 14-21 day's should see this grow concluded. Let's hope that the weather plays ball and you can harvest a big fat plant :bong:

Thanks for getting this diary up and for sharing your outdoor Dinafem adventure  ;)

Please keep updating as harvest approaches. Would love to see how this turns out  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 17/09/2018 at 3:09 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Yes, we may have some of the world's best genetics but we would be nowhere if growers such as yourself did no grow out our strains and put their faith in our creations.

For your 1st grow in 15 years your doing a fine job and thank you for choosing our genetics for this outdoor adventure :bong:

Going of the pictures I would say another 14-21 day's should see this grow concluded. Let's hope that the weather plays ball and you can harvest a big fat plant :bong:

Thanks for getting this diary up and for sharing your outdoor Dinafem adventure  ;)

Please keep updating as harvest approaches. Would love to see how this turns out  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thankyou Mark ... very kind of you. I will leave it another two or three weeks . Due to its size and working at home currently I can move it about to keep it in the sun and protect it from the gales etc. One of my weak areas growing wise is to harvest too early , but I'm hanging in there and can see some good ripening in the last seven days ... the larger fan leaves are just starting to fade a little as well. The plant seems to have done ok on local (hard) tap water but has benefited from being caught in the rain a few times. The old terra flores seems ok as I tested it on some fuscias first and they are budding and flowering like never before. 

Hugs Jimmy 

• Like 1

day 73 update : I've had to cut a couple of small buds off due to first signs of mould ... literally just one calyx on each bud so no big deal. I think this plant is more or less finished and the yield is going to be low maybe about half an oz of dried bud if I'm lucky but we'll see . if I get the opportunity I'd start a couple in late May next time. Perhaps I could look at a larger pot as well and maybe different feed / feed schedule.

height 53 cm ... very short plant and easy to manage in a pot ... I imagine if this was planted in a border you'd hardly see it . smells gorgeous , strong fruity weed with definite twangs of grapefruit. Once dried I will post yield but it wont reflect the potential of this strain. I'm happy to have not killed it at least ! Might harvest in stages to let some of the lower buds finish and to learn something . 

• Like 2

On 25/09/2018 at 2:11 PM, jimmy_two said:

day 73 update : I've had to cut a couple of small buds off due to first signs of mould ... literally just one calyx on each bud so no big deal. I think this plant is more or less finished and the yield is going to be low maybe about half an oz of dried bud if I'm lucky but we'll see . if I get the opportunity I'd start a couple in late May next time. Perhaps I could look at a larger pot as well and maybe different feed / feed schedule.

height 53 cm ... very short plant and easy to manage in a pot ... I imagine if this was planted in a border you'd hardly see it . smells gorgeous , strong fruity weed with definite twangs of grapefruit. Once dried I will post yield but it wont reflect the potential of this strain. I'm happy to have not killed it at least ! Might harvest in stages to let some of the lower buds finish and to learn something . 

Good luck with the harvest my friend  :yep:

I think if you get better prepared then next season we will see something special. 

Bigger pots would definitely help and if you pick the right autos you can easily mingle them in with other plants  :yep:

Would love to see a few dry bud shots when the time is right :yep: . Until then thank you for the diary and enjoy your sun grown end product  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok , Just to tidy this little grow log up . i left lower buds for an extra 10 days .

final dry weight is 12.2g bud and 4.4g close trim.  well worth it when you consider weed is 10 pounds a gram around here . but also worth it because its a chance to smoke something other than whatever high yielding cash crops are being sold locally to bottom feeders like me :unsure:

curing in a glass jar and the buds have already lost the hay smell and starting to smell like funky indica :) 

my friend who i grew it for had a couple of bowls and got nicely stoned . although it smelled quite strong of fruit and pineapple when it was growing that smell and taste not present now but maybe will come back with a longer cure.

I've bought a 135w HLG and hoping to get a nice little indoor set up in a DS60 or similar . I have 2 more fruit auto seeds , so will be interesting how they do indoors ...either in soil or DWC (I've been obsessively reading to threads on here learning loads hopefully)

large.P1070417.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

@jimmy_two Thanks for dropping back in and ending the diary like this :yep:

Not the biggest end yield but it's home grown and as said the prices of weed these day's it's saved you a bit of money and your smoking something grown by your hands  :yep:

Hope to see you next season my friend  :bong:

Until then enjoy ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, jimmy_two said:

I've bought a 135w HLG and hoping to get a nice little indoor set up in a DS60 or similar . I have 2 more fruit auto seeds , so will be interesting how they do indoors ...either in soil or DWC (I've been obsessively reading to threads on here learning loads hopefully)

What a great idea and will let you see how this strain can perform in an indoor environment  :yep:

Please tag me if you start an indoor endeavour  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• 10 months later...
On 21/10/2018 at 3:35 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

What a great idea and will let you see how this strain can perform in an indoor environment  :yep:

Please tag me if you start an indoor endeavour  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Hi Mark,

Had such a busy year that I have not been able to grow indoors yet , but I did start another fruit auto seed outdoors this year on the 28th June ... so still a bit late in the season . I'm pleased that this years effort surpassed last years considerably and shes still bulking up. The differences included ...planting earlier , occasional half strength feeds with advanced nutrients grow and bloom (for coco but shes in soil but seemed to thrive on it) . I've been light on the feedings and tried to let her dry out but being outside of course rain had a part to play. I'm sure she would have done even better if I'd been able to keep her warmer , even one of those small cheap plastic greenhouses would have done as shes such a petit size. (50cm from the top of the soil) . Looking on amazon for a mini greenhouse now ... they are around 20 quid and I've got some other cuttings that need shelter so will get one . At least she'll have some shelter at night as it gets a bit chilly.  Oh and she smells great ..very strong. much stronger than the neighbours plants. I'm happy that I managed to finish this thread off with a better result . 

large.fruitautosept2019.jpglarge.fruitautosept2019(2).jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

here are a couple of pics just before harvest on 16th sept .. I used magnifying glasses and loops to check trichomes to the best of my ability and they seemed to be 80 % milky 10 % amber and 10 % clear. Anyway it seemed the plant was finished nitrogen wise ... maybe I could have fed more nitrogen later into flowering.Having said that this was definitely  a much better grow than last year , even though once again I had a busy year and planted late in the season and she was left out in the elements etc. But still a big leap from last years effort. The smell was strong during the last weeks of flowering. Lots of stinky resin which now the buds are curing smells gorgeous ... deep and musky .  I got just over half oz of bud so I am very happy . I still haven't done this strain justice but would definitely grow again because its such a small discreet easily to handle plant with a high quality harvest.large.rsz_img_2386.jpglarge.rsz_img_2389.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/09/2019 at 1:16 AM, jimmy_two said:

here are a couple of pics just before harvest on 16th sept .. I used magnifying glasses and loops to check trichomes to the best of my ability and they seemed to be 80 % milky 10 % amber and 10 % clear. Anyway it seemed the plant was finished nitrogen wise ... maybe I could have fed more nitrogen later into flowering.Having said that this was definitely  a much better grow than last year , even though once again I had a busy year and planted late in the season and she was left out in the elements etc. But still a big leap from last years effort. The smell was strong during the last weeks of flowering. Lots of stinky resin which now the buds are curing smells gorgeous ... deep and musky .  I got just over half oz of bud so I am very happy . I still haven't done this strain justice but would definitely grow again because its such a small discreet easily to handle plant with a high quality harvest.large.rsz_img_2386.jpglarge.rsz_img_2389.jpg

Not a bad end result at all mate ;)

I think if you do her next year, a bigger pot could be beneficial to help boost end yields  :yep:

By the sound of things she's perfect for your style of gardening as she's so squat and easy to hide :)

Nice job this season my friend and thank you for keeping this thread going :yep:

All the best  :cheers:

Mark.. 

• Like 1