Upcycled groom

weescar

large.20180907_223500-1632x1224.jpglarge.20180907_223254-1632x1224.jpglarge.20180907_211717-1632x1224.jpg

So a new grow room being built for me, upgrading from an old tent

Old tent was 120x120x200m tent. New space is 240 x 150 x 220cm

The partition is made up from wood that I salvaged from a company that build temporary structures for events. It is all screwed to the wall using plaster board raw plugs, so minimal repair work needed when I want to dismantle it  The old tent got cut up and stapled to the partition, giving ideal zipped accsess and venting holes this was actually a spur of the moment thought as I was dismantling the tent I had built this partition around

Will be 2 600w lights going in, I have increased the space as my wife is now using CBD instead of prescription pills and although it is not that expensive to buy, it's always nicer to grow your own right?

I have bought curtains to cover over the partition, black and white to make sure it's fully lightproof inside. There's an exhaust hole that leads to the bathroom but still unsure exactly how I will vent yet. Still a work in progress........

• Like 2

Black and white up, lights up.

Put a shelf up near the top as I am struggling for space elsewhere.

The equipment is mostly existing equipment I had, replaced the bulbs

Fan is a Rhino 6" thermostastatic fan, no intake just now as the last one packed in recently.

large.20180909_201351-1632x1224.jpglarge.20180909_201403-1632x1224.jpglarge.20180909_201417-1632x1224.jpg

• Like 2

This grow room is part of my living room partitioned off.

The first pic shows it with just the old tent used as a partition

The second pic shows the net curtains we put up to disguise it a bit, the middle panel is black with a pattern on it so it looks decent enough. , still some light leaks to sort and general snaggin and a tidy up but we are all good to go I think,  we are running lights on tonight to see how stable the environment is.

There is also a slimline 100l water butt tucked away just behind the speaker on the left of the pic

large.20180907_223527-1632x1224.jpglarge.20180909_220629-1632x1224.jpg

Edited by weescar
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

have you checked the light proofing from outside the rooms window ?

There is no window behind the sheeting mate, just 3 walls. The living room curtains have already been fortified for light leaks as I already had a tent in this location before building the partition     My living room is L shaped,  last pics are pretty much the view I get from my couch, window is at the side of the couch.

I appreciate the thought though. Always open to suggestions and more so reminders that I've done things tbh

Edited by weescar
  • Like 1

ok i get you, just remember to have a heavy curtain on the window tho for those times you need to go in & out the tent  :ninja:

• Like 1

Temps sat stable at 26c last nigh although the carbon filter wasn't attached, going to swap the fan round so I am exhausting into my living room with the carbon filter attached, see how bearable it will be sat in the living room, should be fine as I always have the windows wide open to clear the smoke anyway. Maybe run without the cooltube to see how temps sit.  Basically going to test a few combos while the plants are still being kept safe elsewhere. To get the best environment i can that suits both the plants and us, when I do run Into issues I will have a fair idea what changes I can make and what will roughly happen.