calculating heat 3 mtr long x 1.5 wide x 1.8 wide

Ok as title may suggest the space I have is massive, currently insulated with king span, Im switching over to the hps on october ill be going 7 am of 7 pm on.  My current set up is a fusion switchable balast 250 to 800 wt, 5 inch rvk to straight out the building and a 6 inch oslating fan.  Im trying to work out roughly what sort off heat I can esxpect when the light is on.  Ive noted that as of begining of nov night time temps drop (outside ) to a slightly low 8 degrees some nights 5.  I know that rule of phumb my space is roughly 4 degrees higher thanks in advance

I'd run the light 7pm to 7am, not only is electric cheaper in the wee hours but it'll also be easier to manage temp's. :)

33 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I'd run the light 7pm to 7am, not only is electric cheaper in the wee hours but it'll also be easier to manage temp's. :)

These where my thoughts im hopeing over all the temps will be say about 25 as i know i need to get my 8 inch fan running but being to skint to afford a varric at the moment thast will have to wait till i up grade the lighting in new year @Muppet thanks your input

I think the best way would be to turn the lights on a few days before you plan to start, put a min max thermometer in there and see what it gets to ?

Would be wise to connect a heating device or two to a thermostat with a probe so its adjusts to what you set it at. (Think Inkbird do a few of these type things make sure you check max power rating for the heating device you use against the thermostats max load )

and again check min/max see if it works.

i dont think anyone can tell you what exactly your gonna need to many variables. but good luck.

@BarrySHitPeas good plan im just to skint for the one i want its smarttus jcd 1000 another member on here recommend it nice bit of kit, good price/ for now funds are low im going to see what that n line auction site can offer. 

2 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

smarttus jcd 1000

Fuck know's what thats is

not even google does .....

but the ink bird ones range from £35-40 range i dont think you'd wanna go to cheap it's important that it works consistently.  

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

not only is electric cheaper in the wee hours

Not exactly. The only cheaper electricity at night is economy 7. If you're not on economy 7(or10) tariff then your rate is the same at any time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Not exactly. The only cheaper electricity at night is economy 7. If you're not on economy 7(or10) tariff then your rate is the same at any time.

@monkeypig 8pm - 11 pm then again 3 am till 7am recently had the locall elctric company pop round and ill quote the chap youre not burning any more units then a standard 3 bed house ;) so happy with that. That was with a 400 hps on the go all summer when i done some low ryders. So worth knowing hence why im very tempted to go 7pm 7 am off as I had no extraction in there and it was just shy of 30,5 (outside temps were 22 plus)  a tad n the hot side hence why its got my self thinking. Yes I can apricate I should really run the 8 with a reducer to my 6 inch out building vent. But funds are tight and I cant afford a varric just yet.   At least with a 5 inch rvk sileo ill be pumping out 323cubic ph. Which all though it only be a 3rd  of what I need. But for now the 5 will do and within the said hours with low out side temps Im hoping that It will better then nothing

As ill probs realstically allowing for space size and the wt hps be needing around 8 900 cubics per hour, which i can achieve by setting up the 8.

Edited by bubbleguppie
after proofing reading didnt make sense

A 5" will probably do it, I used to run a 2x2m room with 3kw of lighting, 6" extractor and 4" inlet coped fine, didn't have a summer this warm though, but let's face it, we rarely do! 

2 hours ago, bubbleguppie said:

These where my thoughts im hopeing over all the temps will be say about 25 as i know i need to get my 8 inch fan running but being to skint to afford a varric at the moment thast will have to wait till i up grade the lighting in new year @Muppet thanks your input

I must confess, I do have and for years have had Economy 7, but there's still peak and off-peak times isn't there? 

9 hours ago, Muppet said:

, but there's still peak and off-peak times isn't there? 

IF you have economy 7, it depends where you are geographically as to when your off peak hours are. If you're not on economy 7/10 then your electricity is flat rate.