Dinafem Critical Kush

Billy2Hats

I've just kicked off some dinafem Critical Kush seeds and thought I'd try and keep a diary to monitor progress and get feedback and advice....I popped 4 Critical Kush seeds and 1 Chemdawg #4 (a freebie from blimburn seeds)....they were germinated using the wet paper towel method and all had roots showing 36-48 hours later....I've potted them into coco dampened with a quarter strength formulex solution pHed to 6.0....currently they're sitting under T5 lights in an 80cmx80cm tent...they poked out of the coco about 10 days ago...here they are..the Chemdawg #4 is front left..

large.5b825b658b881_20180825_150046-Copy.jpg

Here's a closer look...

large.5b825b7e2dab7_20180825_150507-Copy.jpg

....I'm quite happy with them at this stage...not too leggy and a nice healthy looking green...the only thing out of the ordinary to report is one of them looking a bit skew-whiff but I won't be losing any sleep over it...

large.5b825b8deb149_20180825_150436-Copy.jpg

That's it for now...thanks for looking..

• Like 10

Another Dinafem adventure up and running on UK420  :yep:

A great start to the grow and 5 very healthy looking babies  ;)

This looks like it will be a fun one and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate ;)

Let's see what you can do with our Critical Kush  ;)

Thank you for documenting your Dinafem adventure on UK420 and good luck from team Dinafem  :bong:

Until next time  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay...this thread is long overdue an update....apologies for being a bit crap at maintaining diary...we last saw the plants at about 10 days old....since then they have progressed quite well without any noteworthy issues..the feed was switched from formulex to a half strength Canna Hydro Vega (A+B) with a smidgeon of Wilko seaweed plant tonic chucked in....I was intending to "manifold" them but it looked like too much of a ball-ache so contented myself with just plain old LSTing (without any "topping") once they had 5 or so nodes....when they were about 4 weeks old they were repotted into plastic pots containing damp perlite with a view to growing them "hempy bucket" style....the 96W T5 lights were changed for a 250W MH bulb to help them along.....and on the 6 week mark, the plants had filled the 80cm x 80cm nicely...

large.5bb231713afbf_20180926_092310-Copy.jpg

These are the buckets they are in....8 for 99p at a local supermarket...the supermarket gets their flowers delivered in them and then flog off the containers...the containers don't have any holes in them so you have to bore a suitable hole in the side of the pot a few cm from the bottom...this pic was taken before some of the lower growth was removed so it looks quite unkempt but you can see how bending the plant over gives you several rather than one main cola..

large.5bb231b5cc275_20180926_092336-Copy.jpg

.....they'd gone about as far as they could in this tent (which is indoors so easy to keep nice and cosy) so it was time to move them on to the bloom area..a 1.2m x 1.2m tent under a 600W HPS....however the bloom area is in an outside brick shed and so I wanted to prepare for the coming cold by making a heat box thingy for them to sit on....I used some kit I bought a year ago but couldn't get my shit together and never got round to using it last winter..:bangin:...I won't be repeating that mistake this year...

large.5bb2319e53e18_20180925_172111-Copy.jpg

You have to make a shallow box and bury the cable in damp sand...yoiu plug it in via a thermostat to maintain a preset temperature....I took a pic while making the box...

large.5bb231856f0b2_20180925_171952-Copy.jpg

Those 2"x2" pieces of wood the cable is fastened to were used to temporarily strengthen and straighten the box (the wood forming the sides was a bit warped so it wouldn't quite sit flat) and they also helped to configure the cable route (pissing about with 12m of cable can be quite fiddly)...they were removed once I finished building the box and prior to putting in the sand...the plants actually got moved into the bloom tent on Saturday evening ie not last night but the night before.. and so I'm anticipating cropping near the end of November....I'll try and do a follow up post quite soon showing them in their new surroundings...and I'll hopefully be updating this thread more regularly now...thanks for looking...

Edited by Billy2Hats
  • Like 5

Some very nice growth since yout last uodate mate :yep:

Definitely way to big to bloom in that indoor area so it's nice to see the prep to get the outdoor location equipped and ready to accommodate the ladies  ;)

Can't wait to see this in full bloom. It's going to be a jungle filled with lovely Dinafem buds ;)

Keep the update coming my friend. Things are getting interesting  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Keep the update coming my friend. Things are getting interesting  :yep:

Thanks for looking in mate....I took a pic when I moved into the flowering tent...I didn't post it at the time because unfortunately I seem to end up with the horrible striping effect when I take photos in hps light...however you can see how roomy it is compared to the grow tent...

large.5bbc878450b67_20181003_003536-Copy.jpg

....and I'm pleased to say they're filling this tent nicely...they've progressed quite well....this is one week later...

large.5bbc879a59c2a_20181006_080133-Copy.jpg

....my flowering tent is in a narrow outdoor shed so sideways access to the plants isn't possible otherwise I would have scrogged them....I'll try to continue to LST thoughout the strech to even out the canopy but I have to admit I'm not nearly as "hands on" as I should be with these things...I'm always a bit envious of the amazing, level, uniform canopies some growers manage....anyway each plant appears to have at least half a dozen reasonable colas...at some point I'll have to get to grips with thinning out the lower growth...thanks for looking..:yep:

• Like 4

Oh lots more room for the girls to spread out :yep:

It won't take long for the guilds to gill in the extra real estate lol

Tidy looking room my friend  :yep:

Do you own a pair of grow room glasses by any chance? If you do try taking a picture using the glass lenses in front of your camera  :bong: Eliminates that pesky white flicker  :)

Thanks for the update buddy  :yep: I'll be back in on the next :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Do you own a pair of grow room glasses by any chance? If you do try taking a picture using the glass lenses in front of your camera  :bong: Eliminates that pesky white flicker  :)

That's a handy tip... unfortunately I don't have such a pair of glasses but I'll remember for the future... in my flowering tent,  lights on is from 8pm to 8am.. when I took that 2nd pic,  I made sure I was in the shed at 8am just as the lights went out and quickly opened the tent at that instant,  grabbed a quick snap and closed the tent again...

... thanks again for looking in... it almost feels as if a guest is dropping by.... and it compels me to pay more attention to my grow than I otherwise would have done :rofl:.. I've just done a bit more LSTing to improve the spread and distribution of colas as a direct consequence of your earlier reply.. :yep:

Edited by Billy2Hats
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Billy2Hats said:

That's a handy tip... unfortunately I don't have such a pair of glasses but I'll remember for the future..

I may have a spare pair here buddy. Let me ask the wife to see if she knows where they are. If I find them I'll send your way :)

Will improve your picture taking and help preserve your eyesight  ;)

Let me see what I can do buddy  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers Mark..a mate of mine has got a pair of growroom glasses which he says are surplus to requirements (he only grows oudoors now) but many thanks for the offer...:yep:

Time for an update....this pic was taken a week ago (so two weeks into flowering)...

large.5bc7757b951c3_20181013_080349-Copy.jpg

....they've really filled the space nicely....and the buds are starting to develop..

large.5bc7754ed42e9_20181013_080415-Copy.jpg

...am I right in thinking the stretch is over after about 3 weeks? It's not a big deal as I'm sure height won't become problematic as LSTing ensured the plants won't get too tall.....and just some more news that will interest you @Dinafem-Mark...I've kicked off my next crop which are Dinafem varieties....3 Blue Cheese and a Critical 2.0+ .....they've germinated and sprouted.....there is a fifth plant (Blue Cheese) but it's a bit of a runt and it's not clear if it will survive..it's in  the pot on the right of the pic with nothing sprouted...

large.5bc7753c441c1_20181015_214348-Copy.jpg

I germinated these seeds using the wet paper towel method....all had roots showing well within 48 hours except for the runt which although cracked wasn't showing any taproot...I potted all five including the non-rooter and four of them sprouted within a day or two...the fifth emerged a few days after the rest...it looked like just a stalk without any visible cotyledons and I assumed it would wither and die but it does actually appear to be slowly progressing with a set of serrated leaves appearing...here's a side-by-side with one of the other sprouts (pic taken less than an hour ago)

large.5bc99c5c5c6cd_20181019_0939141-Copy.jpg

...so I'll wait and see what happens to it...thanks for looking...

• Like 5

They have filled out that screen very well mate and you are 100% correct. 3 weeks into 12/12 should be the end of the stretch phase and focus will now shift to bud production and trichome development  ;)

You've got a lot of budsites showing, can't wait to see these girl's in another couple of weeks. By the look of things your going to have a nice harvest on your hands which should be perfect just in time for Xmas  ;)

2 hours ago, Billy2Hats said:

and just some more news that will interest you @Dinafem-Mark...I've kicked off my next crop which are Dinafem varieties....3 Blue Cheese and a Critical 2.0+ ....

That's great news and 5 healthy looking seedling,s ;)

Looking good in here  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 29/08/2018 at 3:02 PM, Rick Grimes said:

Good choice of strain pal! Good luck with the grow.

Have you grown Dinafem's Critical Kush mate? If so, how long was it in flowering (if you can remember)?

• Like 1

@Billy2HatsYes pal, I’ve grown it and highly rated it. I know one of the 3 plants I grew was 58 days. I know that because a friend of mine is still growing from a clone he took from that plant.

I can’t remember the exact time for the other two but it would have only been a few days after.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2

@Rick Grimes

Cheers mate...that tallies exactly with the info on the dinafem site..(55-60 days)...it's always good to hear it from someone with direct growing experience...sounds like you found a keeper in those 3 seeds?

• Like 2