Smoking outdoors - smell ?

JimmyPage

Similar to above, if i need to hide smell of joint, i have an old filter and piece if ducting, pushing through filter. Blow smoke into ducting, big improvement. 

I have been smoke free for 5 years, I live in a flat with a shared lobby and my smoking was stinking out whole block. I brought a vape for in the flat and instantly the complaints stopped.

Anyway I loved vaping so much I ended up quitting smoking, I would say it’s way nicer than smoking a blunt now I am 5 years on from quitting smoking, the first year was hard and I missed smoking but now I am enjoying my weed more than I ever did when I was smoking it. All my mates did the same and they all prefer vaping now. 

I won’t go into all the positive reasons for vaping as it’s well documented on the internet but one thing is does do very well is cut down the smell loads and what little smell there is disperses very quickly. It also leaves no smell on your breath or on your clothing like smoke does.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 1

@JimmyPage Have a look at the Dynavap range dude, they are the best vapes at the moment if you are quitting smoking and the basic one in very cheap. You have to use a torch on the end that’s kinda like lighting a blunt with a lighter.

I dont use Dynavap myself but there are a lot of good reviews of them. If you want to try a battery operated device I would recommend Arizer Solo 2, it’s a big hitter with a long life battery and if you go to 210c to 220c it’s not far off smoking with big thick tasty clouds.

I thought that till the other night when I was having a vape in then lounge with the window open. Ol’ nose like a blood hound shouts down from the bedroom...I know what you’re doing Phil... :pitchfork:  fucks sake! Then last night, I gets into bed after a  vape ... ‘I can smell drugs on you...’. :wallbash: 

Tis a lot better than smoking though, then she really would be having a moan . ! 

• 2 months later...

There are strains that hardly smell at all, like sweet seeds SAD auto, for instance. No characteristic smell when you grow or when you smoke it.

Or maybe get a fan and carbon filter and breath into that, its what i do and can smoke smelly stuff in my room right next to someone who will complain if there is even abit of tobaco smell. Don't know how you could disguise a carbon filter and fan, though. Maybe a soldering fan/extractor would work, they use activated carbon.

There are also small bags that you can blow into, which americans who smoke in "tight" situations seem to think are worth the money.

Why are strains produced for excessive smell?

Or, smoke hash, no one would even suspect it.

Or, say you are smoking legal cbd "pot" for you aches and pains, now you can get stuff that smells as bad as anything.

Edited by kilgore trout
to add more

IMO smoking it pure makes more of a smell but it dissipates over a shorter distance where as a tobacco joint drifts further.

It's hard to work out how far the smell travels without a non smoker as a guinea pig.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I have seen things you can buy or DIY called Sploofs.

Variety of different designs but if you give ‘Smoking Sploof’ a search online there is a blog on Royal Queen Seeds explaining.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Smoke buddy personal carbon filter works really well considering. Altho its better for dabs or bongs where its not a constant stream of smoke. Vapings def an option and smells a lot less. If you grow you could consider water curing rhe bud to remove the terpenes. A quick search will show you its possible