Smoking outdoors - smell ?

JimmyPage

Following on from the "Neighbours smoking cannabis" thread, I found myself wondering this.

Currently MrsJP and I tend to toke evening/night. (between 7 and 10 ish ....)

We smoke outside, on the patio (level access for MrsJPs wheelchair). We are about 9m from one neighbours fence, and a good 20-25m from the others.

Never had any complaints, but there's no way neighbours @9m couldn't know. However, they're not always in (older couple with a 'van they go to a lot) and when they are don't seem to go in the garden much. (Also their daughter and son-in-law who pop around sometimes to check *definitely* have the odd toke ....)

However, in keeping with my anal fascination for covering all eventualities, one day we might end up with new neighbours. The worst case scenario being a younger family with kids, who REALLY object to anything weed. (You know, the sort who make out they're "getting stoned from the smell" ....).

So do any UK420ers have a way of smoking outdoors, but without drifting smoke ?

A long term plan is to build a small conservatory on the patio, that would be enclosed.

If we didn't grow, I'd be less worried. But we do, so I am ...

I'm looking to move in to my local town after being rural my whole life. This is a big concern for me so will be watching this thread.

Can't you get a vape thingy that masks the smell? I am sure a mate from the US has one and he blasts at sports games

I think generally, weed has become pretty normalised in towns - you won't be able to walk the city centre high street without catching a few whiffs. Our lad (who'll toke on the move) says cops just don't bother,

But that's out and about, as opposed to residentially. And I know how sods law works. You can guarantee you'll get a neighbour who'll have a gripe.

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

Can't you get a vape thingy that masks the smell? I am sure a mate from the US has one and he blasts at sports games

Well changing delivery system is one option, I guess. Eventually we should really get into vaping. But the problem is trying to home in on the right solution. Moneys a bit tight right now, so splashing out loads on trying out different kit isn't on the cards.

I find oil or hash is less noticable/identifiable, especially these days, where theres so little of it about anymore. Satisfying to make your own too.

• Like 1

Ah, we tend to smoke green. Maybe a clue there.

Bottom line is that if anyones offended by tobacco smoke (as is their right in/on their own property) they'll probably be down on the herb too.

• Like 1

if  i have any smoke  ... i usually have it on the patio too ...  yes the smell does drift off  and i usually just sit and  listen for 10  or 15 mins for any voices,  or look to see anyone about ...  its usually ok tho  but i did have a neighbour 2 doors up the road  say they had a funny smell in the bedroom as they had the windows open  a few weeks ago ,  i told them its probably someone cooking some weird food or sommat  and they agreed ....

i suppose you cant totally cover the smell  but a quick 10 min wait is worth it in the end mate  :skin_up:

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Key said:

No just go for a wonder with the hound instead of sat in the garden paranoid. Paranoid enough to make a thread.

We're not pet people ...

I understand your concern. I recently switched to vaping partly for this reason & partly for health. I don’t think anything is ever going to be quite as satisfying as sharing blunt but there is no getting away from the stink. All it takes is one neighbour with their heads up their backside & you get a visit from the old bill.

Like Mugwuffin suggested concentrates create far less smell. Only other alternative I know of is going the vape route but that costs chunk.

Maybe you can  go the dab route, bho or rozin that sort of thing.