New house new build

Lean Bear

Not had a grow on for a bit, just moved into new gaff, so time to get rolling again before  the jars run aground. 

Grew in the garage before , temps were all over the place :chains:, but this house only place which is doable is up in the attic. 

Here we have it, little alcove corner, about 1mx1m , but a bummer about the sloping ceiling. About 1.7 useable, sloping to 1.30. Short fat girls to the back then. 

large.1E6871A5-4E60-4D11-B526-0BC39C0A3594.jpeg

large.3FCFC2DB-9B40-4413-8700-CBE3803655C6.jpeg

So far all I got done today was a bit of framing. And a lot of head scratching. 

As as much as my diy allows me I’m going frame a Access panel , found a plastic loft hatch in screw fix for £25, then cover it with a pic or mirror. 

Extracting is a bit of a bastard. Think il have to go out the back left into loft space. Then though loft and back into other alcove  to the left of where the photo was taken. If that makes any sense :unsure:  Vent back into room, but no drama, there’s a velux I can crack open. 

Better get me finger out, might even get an auto done in time for Xmas whilst the main girls get underway 

Fuck ups to come no doubt :yep: 

• Like 8

Thanks @Fry ...ages away indeed. If i was a builder...by the time i get this done weed may be legal judging by latest Police musings. That would be ironic. Fucking around to keep this hidden when i could have just chucked a tent up :ninja:

Anyway ill cracK on with a bit today, when the missus pops out - shes already had a moan lol  . Maybe change of plan on access panel having seen what others have done on here in some great builds. 

• Like 3

@Lean Bear  I've just seen your little acorns and you've got me all excited. I love building grows. 

It's such a shame we can't just all rock up en masse with our tools and skills to help. Everyone on this site would have the best grows!

I get even worse when I see the massive greenhouses out in the USA - all that tech and spaaaaaaaaaaaaace man:smokin:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lean Bear said:

how the fuck to you plasterboard round a angled beam :wallbash:

Are you using plasterboard for the front/door? If so I would use plywood. As for cutting around, perhaps make a cardboard template first?

• Like 3

I'm using Ply for the door, but plasterboard around it. That top beam though is an angled oddly. Have tried scribing it, will have a think on the stencil. Covered in dust and off cuts here!! Time for  smoke i think!  SHould have just put the fucking tent again !!!

• Like 2

Nice one @ratdog on the template idea. Got my missus to help me, apparently it’s just like making a dress pattern...who knew. 

Anyway, have boarded like so thus far. Stay tuned for my hilarious first attempt at skimming.  

Cannabis...a gateway drug ...to DIY. 

If anyone can see any obvious cockups please let me know! :smokin:

large.3B031855-CC15-414F-960E-6AC701C9B021.jpeglarge.055C9326-845A-4811-8455-BEEBC10EAA21.jpeglarge.387019FE-2ABA-47CE-8C80-B9FD95892834.jpeg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Progress...slow slow progress! Finished the boarding and insulated inside with celotex then osb over the top. Bit overkill , but can’t hurt and I had it lying around. Outside , I’ve decided just to paint the wallboard. Fuck the skimming. 

Inside I’ve fitted the light and hung the filter and fan. Fan I’ve artached in the loft, venting direct into another attic space. There’s no vent tile, but it’s breZzy as fuck in there so plenty of airflow. 

Also added some rails for scrog net and various hooks. 

Need to sort air intake, but I think I’ll use that hole at the back - good job I didn’t keep trying to drill through as there was a big roof strut hidden :thumbdown:

So....need to sort electrics, airflow, fit damp proof membrane on floor for spills , line the walls and pretty much ready to crack some beans :) 

Door I got a nice bit of 20mm ply offcut for £4 from b&q. Just need to work out how to secure it. Going try some strong magnets and weather seal see how that works. Otherwise some screws, but bitnof a ball ache having to unscrew all the time. It fits pretty much flush, but I need it to stay in place. 

Doesnt look much below for all the work lol 

large.AB4CC99B-5FED-4840-8F65-A95089690697.jpeglarge.E7DB7B76-25A2-40DD-9608-DE90CCDB7849.jpeg

• Like 9

All done! Today i fitted some thick plastic to prevent any spills, stapled some orca sheeting I had laying around and sorted out the air intake. 

large.3E6DD501-E904-44E6-8280-68F11A06F7B0.jpeg

in the loft i fitted the intake and outlet fans. 

Need to trim the ducting as ive got 5m concertinaed at the moment. Chuffed how these have gone up. No sound from them at all in the bedroom below. 

large.D5B60F4C-AB10-476B-A12E-F3F791510E8D.jpeg

Then fitted an automatic fire extinguisher - touch wood will never be needed ...

large.E19FED2E-0CF3-4E8A-BBCC-5AB407853AAC.jpeg

And finally ...... no time like the present , planted a couple of autos that can do their thing whilst I veg and sex some proper plants. On the left is a dinafem amnesia auto CBD and the right is a sweetseeds creme mandarin auto in a big 15l pot. 

Peace all and may the canna gods shine on you :smokin:

large.D6356D1E-5B2C-46AE-AF8C-8272EA96B9B3.jpeg

Edited by Lean Bear
  • Like 9

Already shared your pics with me mate who had to stop grow because his missus, but they recently split so going over ideas to get back into it. That flush wall with access panel is top notch sir. Kudos. 

• Like 1