chopping tent floor supports????

As some of you know I've dedicated a big space (3mtr long c 1.8 wide x 1.8 high)   in my attic for such grows. But now with winter round corner I'm thinking of buying a roof cube probly 1.2x1.2 x1.6 the issue I have.............................. 

In my loft there is a 60 cm wide lip (main support beam) that runs parallel to the loft. Now I'm wanting to know can I cut 60 cm off the tent support poles (which run the ground) to allow for this support lip.    Without it cuaseing  to much structural support to the actual  tent it self thanks 

Edited by bubbleguppie

A 60 cm wide timber beam is massive? Can you post a pic of your space that shows this lip? I'd not be trimming the poles on a new tent unless absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

negative pressure can be a nightmare when you do things like this, I done a similar thing a couple of years ago, my loft at the time was about 1.5m tall, so had to cut off about 30cm from my ds90. I had to pull the tent underneath the metal cage if that makes sense?

It can definitely work, just do a better job than I did lol 

hope that helps

large.IMG_20180801_185708_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180801_185650_edit.jpg

59 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

@i11 here are two pics for you (currently got a mumma mia seedling under a 90 wt led up there hence the leds )

Edited by bubbleguppie

1 hour ago, bubbleguppie said:

As some of you know I've dedicated a big space (3mtr long c 1.8 wide x 1.8 high)   in my attic for such grows. But now with winter round corner I'm thinking of buying a roof cube probly 1.2x1.2 x1.6 the issue I have.............................. 

In my loft there is a 60 cm wide lip (main support beam) that runs parallel to the loft. Now I'm wanting to know can I cut 60 cm off the tent support poles (which run the ground) to allow for this support lip.    Without it cuaseing  to much structural support to the actual  tent it self thanks 

If its roof qube tent that you want to cut the poles on then it wont work as the poles are slightly tapered to fit inside the connectors with the pin style connectors on them, so if you were to cut the poles they wouldnt fit back inside the corner connectors.

It also wouldnt work due to the extra tent material getting sucked in to the tent due to negative pressure as someone else posted, but your main problem will be with the corners/connectors, you just wont be able to fit the poles back inside them.

Save yr money and build yourself to fit the space?

A few metres of baton and some black n white sheeting and bobs yr aunt fannies regular dogging partner..

Costs pennies so won't hurt to tear it down in the summer and beats fuck outta trying to MAKE something fit in a space it's not meant too...

Tuppence only

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Save yr money and build yourself to fit the space?

A few metres of baton and some black n white sheeting and bobs yr aunt fannies regular dogging partner..

Costs pennies so won't hurt to tear it down in the summer and beats fuck outta trying to MAKE something fit in a space it's not meant too...

Tuppence only

i done that a few yrs back now in an attic, you need to watch out for condensation when you do it that way plus if you don't do it properly the negative pressure just sucks the black n white straight of the walls, its still worth doing though if its done properly mate, it will be a lot cheaper than buying a new tent just to destroy it also....

• Like 2