Cartbon filter on abidget

as title woiuld suggest im after a 8 inch or 10 inch carbon filter on a budget after recomendations so i dont buy shite buy shite biy twice sketch tia

the carbon filter is something you can't really scrimp on mate, theres only 2 decent brands worth buying and it will cost you probably upwards of 100 quid to buy an 8 or 10" sized filter, the decent brands are "mountain air" and "rhino pro".

• Like 3

Can makes a good filter and ive heard good things about Carboair. Ive heard Rhino used to be the best but arent the same as they used to be so I went with mountain air. Most good filters wont be cheap though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, craigfjyp said:

the carbon filter is something you can't really scrimp on mate, theres only 2 decent brands worth buying and it will cost you probably upwards of 100 quid to buy an 8 or 10" sized filter, the decent brands are "mountain air" and "rhino pro".

I'd add Phresh to those brands. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Muppet said:

I'd add Phresh to those brands. 

i forget to add it to the list lol  and apparently they are overtaking the rhinopros for quality, iv seen a few good reviews from members on here about them but iv never tried them myself.

2 hours ago, craigfjyp said:

i forget to add it to the list lol  and apparently they are overtaking the rhinopros for quality, iv seen a few good reviews from members on here about them but iv never tried them myself.

It's the first thing I've bought in years that has seriously impressed me with it"s build quality. Does a filter need it's alloy ends polished? It"s also half the weight most filters, not in a cheap way but in a over specced, over made kinda way. Back in the day my local grow shop only sold cheap + nasty or Rhino (before they did 2 variants) I've never seen another filter so well made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muppet said:

It's the first thing I've bought in years that has seriously impressed me with it"s build quality. Does a filter need it's alloy ends polished? It"s also half the weight most filters, not in a cheap way but in a over specced, over made kinda way. Back in the day my local grow shop only sold cheap + nasty or Rhino (before they did 2 variants) I've never seen another filter so well made. 

yeah you can notice on the ebay pics that they are well made, iv not seen a real one though,the hydro shop round my way only has rhinopros and a cheap noname unbranded one

Red scorpion filters. I wouldn't touch think with mine or yours and the red scorpions are considerably cheaper. I know of a large hydro store chain that will not stock rhinos anymore and rate red scorpion filters much higher.........like 0 return rate. 

Would I buy any other cheap filter.......no