Is there a problem with re-potting just before blooms day

outtaspace

Think I'm approaching bloom time and panicking that I should maybe repot my nebula ii cbd again.  Been vegging since early may and due to complete mid Oct. The wee lass seems to be drinking dry every 1.5 days and soil feels compacted, and although I cannot see any roots emerging from the bottom of the pot, I just tipped it up and think I see something resembling root rot or a web of mold (pics). Beginning to regret my decision to use pistachio (washed) shells as a drainage base.  Any advice appreciated on whether I would get away with repotting at this stage. if so, what size do you think? Current pot is about 21 litres.

Not used any nutes at all so far but guess I need to prepare for bloom time. Any advice again appreciated.

large.5b4f0a0f3afce_Day78worrying.jpeglarge.5b4f02ad4041f_Day76Refreshed.jpeg

Edited by outtaspace
add pics
  • Like 2

Guest Subtle stoner

its doomed now put it in the bin u need to start again. Its allergic to nuts lol

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

Thanks for reading. Yes I suppose I can. Guess I've read too many posts on the web that say how sensitive the weed is to re-potting. Would I need to treat the root if there is evidence of mold? If I'm taking it out anyway do you think a bigger pot? Sorry for all the questions. First timer.

• Like 1

eech thats a beauty and a monster and smart to use a sainsbury bag. Presume it outgrew the pot

• Like 1

cheers mate.. yeah it did.. after using all the bigger pots it was left with one of the smaller pots.. 

see its a bit small for the plant lol 

large_auto.jpg

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

it might not be the best choice as it could slow it  down going in to flower.. but I've dug up an outdoor planted before to move to  better non shaded patch (just gone in to flower).. that was also an auto.. no problems

if ya do it just be gentle with roots.. drop the soil down the sides lose.. don't compact it by hand.. let the water do it.. your plant will love it going in to flower with fresh soil... I'm far from expert and maybe not the best idea.. but id doi it..

but first I would grab the stem at the base of the soil and lift the root ball up..  check the roots first.. see if its really needed.. 

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 2

You'd have gotten a slightly higher quality & altogether snobbier smoke if you'd stuck it in an M&S bag mate.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, phoenix108 said:

I'm not sure how to treat the mould, but you'd get a look at it wen u transfer

Hi phoenix. I did repot last week. Turns out it wasn't mould, just webs of roots wrapped around the pistachio shells. Decided to leave them there as the few I took off were taking the roots with them. She's loving the new pot. Not sure I am as risking a hernia every time I shift her to safety when ppl come round. Got a trolley now.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, Werewolves_are_rad said:

slightly higher quality & altogether snobbier smoke if you'd stuck it in an M&S bag

not just any cannabis, m&s cannabis.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2018 at 1:16 PM, outtaspace said:

Hi phoenix. I did repot last week. Turns out it wasn't mould, just webs of roots wrapped around the pistachio shells. Decided to leave them there as the few I took off were taking the roots with them. She's loving the new pot. Not sure I am as risking a hernia every time I shift her to safety when ppl come round. Got a trolley now.

That's great