Will my tent collapse

Hobo82

1 hour ago, Dave 420 said:

Buy a gorilla tent expensive but well worth the money, you get what you pay for:yep:

I wouldn't. That is the tent I was referring to in my previous post, couldn't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

I'll maybe lug the tent out later on to take some pictures to show you how the stitching has come apart in 8 weeks of use.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fry said:

I wouldn't. That is the tent I was referring to in my previous post, couldn't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

I'll maybe lug the tent out later on to take some pictures to show you how the stitching has come apart in 8 weeks of use.

@Fry Really is that from new? I would have returned it, I was thinking of buying one but will have to have a rethink.

• Like 1

Yes from new unfortunately. I didn't take it back as it was quite a while between buying and actually using it.

I don't know if it makes any difference but it's the 1.5m2 tent I have, not a very good size to have really as it's awkward to light properly.

Honestly if I was to buy another tent I would just get a cheap one from ebay, I've had several from 0.9x0.5 to 2.4x1.2 and never been disappointed that I can recall, at least nothing like gaps from stitching coming loose in 8 weeks of use. This gorilla tent is the first and only branded tent I've had tbh but it has been a huge disappointment for the money. Maybe I was just unlucky though, wouldn't be the first time lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fry said:

Yes from new unfortunately. I didn't take it back as it was quite a while between buying and actually using it.

I don't know if it makes any difference but it's the 1.5m2 tent I have, not a very good size to have really as it's awkward to light properly.

Yeah anything over a 1.2m2 with only a 600watter and your losing lumens at the edges,  I run a 1.2 but try and keep my plants within 1m2 when possible.  Your better off using a 1000w when lighting a 1.5m2 or even better 2 600's with wide reflectors like adjusta-wings

• Like 1

My apologies. Wasn't even a gorilla tent, just wrestled it out of storage for nothing lol

My memory is awful lately.

:smokin:

• Like 1

As long as the lamp is hung from parallel rods shouldn't the weight be distributed between the four corners?

22 minutes ago, Muppet said:

As long as the lamp is hung from parallel rods shouldn't the weight be distributed between the four corners?

Yeah just keep everything centralised as much as possible so the weights even on the corners

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigstar82 said:

Yeah just keep everything centralised as much as possible so the weights even on the corners

Do you mean like when I look into tent the poles should be like this.   l or like this _        You get what I mean? 

4 minutes ago, Hobo82 said:

Do you mean like when I look into tent the poles should be like this.   l or like this _        You get what I mean? 

I have mine going front to back if your looking from the doorway, my carbon filter is directly above my light dead center as they tend to be a lil heavy so I like to keep it in the middle to spread the weight onto all corners

• Like 1