Grow Room

Grampamark

large.5b3e780fc13f4_Growroom.JPG

Hello, Just describing my grow room to you guys. The room is 26 feet long x 8 feet wide x 8 feet high. All the walls and ceilings have been covered with plasterboard with polystyrene backs. I have then covered walls and ceilings with silver foil. I have LED lights. 6 in total set up 1 x 300 watt, 1 x 600 watt, 1 x 300 watt, 1 x 300 watt, 1 x 600 watt, and 1 x 300 watt. I have a 6 inch ventilation fan built into the wall bringing cool air in from the out side, then a 10 inch fan sat next to this to blow the cool air through the room. I have a 8 inch air filtration extraction fan to take the inside air, outside. Then I have another 12 inch fan at the other end to blow air around the ladies. I also have a industrial hot air/ cold air fan that I can set the temperature to what ever temp I need at various times of the year. I have set  the watering system up as follows. I used 3 lengths of box guttering joined to together and zip lined to the top of each growing pot. I have then drilled small holes in the guttering above each plant pot. I then just add water via watering can to the start of the guttering and when it runs down, filters through the drilled holes like a sprinkler. Saves disturbing the ladies and moving the branches and leaves around to much. Worked well for me so far. Never had a problem with humidity, and never let my temps get above 78. I have now been set up this season on 12/12 for 10 days. So the ladies are 80 days old as of today 5/7/18. I set my lights to come on at 8 pm to 8 am. Then during the day the ladies don't get to hot. Especially so with the heatwave we are having of late. I do 3 grows a year with this setup.

• Like 5

Would have been much better to use Mylar or brilliant white paint than silver foil

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Would have been much better to use Mylar or brilliant white paint than silver foil

I used brilliant white first season, and I find the silver foil much better. But that's just my opinion.

Bro , silver foil is for cooking with, its reflectivity is shit and it causes hot spots like a magnifying glass in the sun and will reflect heat back and can burn plants . Plus its dangerous as it will carry a current if something bad happens with your lights or condensation on the walls .

Mylar or plastic black and white aint expensive now at all. 

Orca film , which is supposed to be the best is still a bit pricey granted. 

But white paint is more reflective than silver foil . 

Plus they are all plastic coated for your safety .

do you know how cheap you can pick up mylar for now?

good luck anyway

zz

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I never priced the stuff up your talking about. Just tried the brilliant white paint the year before and with no great success. So thought I would try the foil and see how it went, done ok with it this year. But never thought of the electric shock element of it though. I will get this grow out the way and have a look at this mylar. I never done it to save money, cost not a problem. I just thought this was way more reflective than the dulux extra bright white paint I had previously used. Thanks guys I will take a look into this and some other options.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grampamark said:

dulux extra bright white paint

Needs to be emulsion/flat not gloss as this also produces hot spots like foil...........:yep:

• Like 2

• 6 months later...