Ice chest intake cooler

BigNasty

Hi folks, my temps in grow tent are hittin 41 during the day (lights off period), i have had my extractor fan up full pelt to try and reduce the temps but they are still not at optimum temps for lights off period. I was browsing online and found a guy that used an ice chest with foam covering the top with a hole cut out for a normal typed fan to blow air from room into the chest then another hole at the other side for ducting going into the tent. Apparently it has worked wonders, if i was to do this i might use dry ice or those freezer bottle things you get with the cooler box. What are your opinions on this idea or have you given it a trial yourself?

if its 41c at lights off, :wallbash:then it would be pissing against the wind im afraid. what you need is a bigger outlet fan, are you using a fan to bring air in ? 

when its this hot, its best to downgrade your lights, so say if your using 2 x 600w hps, go to just one 600w or 2 x 400w at most. but youl need a big fan, a 8 inch high power rvk fan on a speed controller will do a treat for 2 x 600w hps, plus a 6 inch high power pulling cooler air in. tho with the temps how they are at the min at 29c outside, id say just downgrade your light till it cools down. as your already running your lights at night time to get cooler temps, :unsure:

all the best with it. :yinyang:

• Like 2

I dont have a fan blowing air in i just have neg pressure in the tent from my exhaust fan pulling air from the room through the mesh at the bottom of the tent. I have a 0.75x0.75x180 tent. Window in attic open to let fresh air into the room its these last couple of days that have been the hottest on record for this country and because the tent is in the attic it becomes a sauna when that happens. Id rather not have another inline running up there

Give it a try. I've seen those ice buckets with frozen plastic bottles give off 52F consistently. It can't hurt if you're temps are 41C...

• Like 1