Newbie, please advise on what I need to buy from here?

Jnes

I recently bought this grow tent and need advice on what else to buy, there are many bundles for sales with fans, lights etc but they are really expensive 

What would you recommend? All I have is the tent at the moment total newbie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Orchid-Hydro-Hydroponic-80x80x160/dp/B01LYTASLZ/ref=sr_1_9?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1530424769&sr=1-9&keywords=black+orchid+grow+room

Hi bud and welcome,

Whatever your budget is, double it........sorry mate but this game is expensive to start off, you will reap the rewards further down the line though.

The most important part is your environment, if you don't get this right then plants suffer and the whole thing can turn into a nightmare..........

OK, That said, extractor fan and carbon filter is where I would spend the bulk of my money, a 5" ruck with matched filter would be minimum.

Eother a 400 or 600 hps light will do the job, there are other lights, led, plasma, cmh etc. but I recommend you start with hps until you get the hang of things.

Keep everything else simple, pots, compost and some decent bloom fertiliser is pretty much all you need.

I would use a 6" clip on fan inside the tent, get a hygrometer as well (tells you humidity and temps both day and night)

There are lots of other bits and pieces you can get along the way but this is enough to begin with, remember buy the best you can afford

and read up on what others are doing with a similar sized space.

Best of luck bud  :yep:

stu  :oldtoker:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

read up on what others are doing with a similar sized space.

As stu says, read , read and read. 

ATB 

:yinyang:

Perfect advice above.

Keep It Simple Stupid - KISS.  I follow this method religiously.  There is too much information out there for someone starting out.   I am on grow number 14, been at it just under 5 years.  It is easy to get trapped in all the research and end up complicating things - Please don't do this ;)

I use the following soil and nutrients, look at my diaries it is all you need, everything else is a complication.

Biobizz Lightmix soil - Seedlings and vegging. 

Home & Garden Batmix special soil. - For final pots and flowering.

Biobizz Fishmix

Biobizz Bloom.

All the above are organic and will provide the results you are looking for as a startup home grower.

Most of your money needs to be spent on keeping your grow stealthy, the biggest problem you will have (if its not shooting your mouth off down the pub after half a shandy) is the smell of the stuff.........when its growing and when you chop it down it will stink out your house and half of your street unless you get the right gear - PC Plod will be knocking on your door for a good sniff n search.

Please buy a very expensive branded carbon filter.  I use Rhino Pro filters, don't buy that budget sh*t.  Others swear by Mountain Fresh.

Such a small tent I would say get yourself just an extractor to pull air out of the top of the tent, leave the bottom vent hole open so it can draw air in from there - negative pressure so no smell escapes the bottom as air only flows inwards - 4 inch extraction and carbon filter will do it, but if you can push the boat out and buy a 6" extractor and carbon filter and run at slower speed with a fan speed controller or a mains dimmer - All the better as it is preferred to run a 6" at 35% power rather than a 4" running at 100%.

There is a bucket load of wisdom for you.  Please learn from my mistakes.

Good luck ! :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jnes said:

I recently bought this grow tent and need advice on what else to buy, there are many bundles for sales with fans, lights etc but they are really expensive 

What would you recommend? All I have is the tent at the moment total newbie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Orchid-Hydro-Hydroponic-80x80x160/dp/B01LYTASLZ/ref=sr_1_9?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1530424769&sr=1-9&keywords=black+orchid+grow+room

1 hour ago, Inspiration101 said:

Perfect advice above.

Keep It Simple Stupid - KISS.  I follow this method religiously.  There is too much information out there for someone starting out.   I am on grow number 14, been at it just under 5 years.  It is easy to get trapped in all the research and end up complicating things - Please don't do this ;)

I use the following soil and nutrients, look at my diaries it is all you need, everything else is a complication.

Biobizz Lightmix soil - Seedlings and vegging. 

Home & Garden Batmix special soil. - For final pots and flowering.

Biobizz Fishmix

Biobizz Bloom.

All the above are organic and will provide the results you are looking for as a startup home grower.

Most of your money needs to be spent on keeping your grow stealthy, the biggest problem you will have (if its not shooting your mouth off down the pub after half a shandy) is the smell of the stuff.........when its growing and when you chop it down it will stink out your house and half of your street unless you get the right gear - PC Plod will be knocking on your door for a good sniff n search.

Please buy a very expensive branded carbon filter.  I use Rhino Pro filters, don't buy that budget sh*t.  Others swear by Mountain Fresh.

Such a small tent I would say get yourself just an extractor to pull air out of the top of the tent, leave the bottom vent hole open so it can draw air in from there - negative pressure so no smell escapes the bottom as air only flows inwards - 4 inch extraction and carbon filter will do it, but if you can push the boat out and buy a 6" extractor and carbon filter and run at slower speed with a fan speed controller or a mains dimmer - All the better as it is preferred to run a 6" at 35% power rather than a 4" running at 100%.

There is a bucket load of wisdom for you.  Please learn from my mistakes.

Good luck ! :)

Thank you so much!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

Hi bud and welcome,

Whatever your budget is, double it........sorry mate but this game is expensive to start off, you will reap the rewards further down the line though.

The most important part is your environment, if you don't get this right then plants suffer and the whole thing can turn into a nightmare..........

OK, That said, extractor fan and carbon filter is where I would spend the bulk of my money, a 5" ruck with matched filter would be minimum.

Eother a 400 or 600 hps light will do the job, there are other lights, led, plasma, cmh etc. but I recommend you start with hps until you get the hang of things.

Keep everything else simple, pots, compost and some decent bloom fertiliser is pretty much all you need.

I would use a 6" clip on fan inside the tent, get a hygrometer as well (tells you humidity and temps both day and night)

There are lots of other bits and pieces you can get along the way but this is enough to begin with, remember buy the best you can afford

and read up on what others are doing with a similar sized space.

Best of luck bud  :yep:

stu  :oldtoker:

Thank you!!!!

• Like 1