Suitability for first time growing

Clueless Enchantress

Hi

I'm looking at ordering seeds for my first grow and in my basket I currently have 3 pack Critical + 2.0 and 1 Dinamed CBD Plus. Before I hit the buy button I have a couple of questions:

Are these suitable seeds for someone who has never grown before?

Am I ordering the right amount - I'm mainly interested in high THC but do want to try high CBD too.

Based on advice and searching I'm going to start with a 4 plant grow in a tent. Should I start with more than 4 seeds?

Thank you. All advice is gratefully received as I am a complete novice

• Like 1

Critical is a great hardy first strain to try. although for me the + was better smoke wise

4-6 is good how big is your tent?

Make sure your carbon filter is good

Edited by redbeard
  • Like 2

I'm looking at either 120x120 or 120x240. Going to measure space again tonight then order.

In terms of filters am I best going straight for a 6 inch? Thanks

• Like 1

I would order a few more seeds than you require just in case of problems/damage or non germination. IMO

I personally like to oversize carbon filters so the fan has to do less work......sizing will depend on stealth levels and the size of tent you get 

:yep:

• Like 1

Get a diary up in the relevant breeder section as well when you get set up.....the guys will help you as much as you need - from seed to weed lol

Sometimes you need thick skin to be on here if you are giving advice - but you never get stick for asking for it IME and there are some great gardeners here only to willing to help you across the finish line :yep:

• Like 2

if you order your seeds from a site sponsor like attitude and pay by bitcoin or bank transfer, they give you quite a few free seeds anyway.

As for your fan question, 6 inch for a 1.2 square tent 8 or 10 inch for a 1.2 by 2.4 tent. 

If you already have the 6 inch fan, then a 1..2 would be fine.

I think most people have 1.2 square tents, and it will easily provide enough weed to keep you going. Even I managed 14 ounces on my first grow, in mud, in the same size tent

• Like 2

On 26/06/2018 at 7:23 AM, Clueless Enchantress said:

Hi

I'm looking at ordering seeds for my first grow and in my basket I currently have 3 pack Critical + 2.0 and 1 Dinamed CBD Plus. Before I hit the buy button I have a couple of questions:

Are these suitable seeds for someone who has never grown before?

Am I ordering the right amount - I'm mainly interested in high THC but do want to try high CBD too.

Based on advice and searching I'm going to start with a 4 plant grow in a tent. Should I start with more than 4 seeds?

Thank you. All advice is gratefully received as I am a complete novice

Hello my friend  :yep:

Critical+2.0 will be perfect for your 1st grow. Very easy to maintain, can take stress quite easy, very easy to feed and produced a great quality end product. Packed with flavour and a nice heavy high :)

Dinamed CBD plus will give you the CBD boost that you need. Easy to grow and a nice companion strain to grow alongside critical+2.0

Now is 4 seeds enough. For that Area yes, but I feel you were asking what if 1 seed fails. This we always try to minimise but I would buy 2 more just in case  :yep:

Please consider getting a grow diary up when you get your seeds and as said most site sponsors such as attitude/choice offer free seeds which will give you extra seeds if needed :)

If you get a diary up and running you'll have all UK420 members advice so you won't go far wrong  :bong:

Hope this helps mate?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark