Dutch Passion - Auto Colorado Cookies

GreenVision

Have just put up a brand new tent and gave it to 7 Dutch Passion Auto Colorado Cookies. I have been really looking forward to these, as a huge fan of cookies I have been wanting to give them a run for quite some time.

The tent is a 120 x 120, the pots are 11 litres filled with a basic compost and topped off with some clay pebbles. I have noticed a few fungus gnats around the new house over the last few weeks, which is hardly surprising as the garden backs onto a huge marshland with a fishing lake about 100 meters from the fence. So I'm taking no chances and starting the defense right from the off.

No Idea on nutrients atm, maybe some1 can throw a few ideas as I have been out of growing for almost 6 months now :blub: and last nutrients I used with autos was the oldtimers, but I recall they had a change of ownership? Correct me if I'm wrong, but even going by instincts the nutrient itself did seem thinner and somewhat different. So please feel free to clue me up on what everyone is using these days.

I have my 2 D-Papillion 315w CDM units over the crop atm, but I may switch to the Dimlux 1000w de during bloom as I could do with a little bit of yield from these as I have not grown for some time and would like some full jars. This said, if the plants produce well during the next 3 weeks of LST I will likely leave the CDM in there as IMO its the best way to grow Cannabis atm.

So, 18 days from popping out the Jiffy Pellets:

large.1.jpg.096988465aa9363526def2993b28

large.2.jpg.3641dcbc8a43ee59dc5aa6ea0f73

large.3.jpg.845b23dd1bf5c908fd7949002a58

large.4.jpg.ecd1033ed992cab58d155d213aeb

large.5.jpg.450202a488c4d6b1cb914950ac2a

medium.6.jpg.35370206259366486cc7f515531

I must confess they have vegged quite slow, this could be my fault as they spent they're first week in a cupboard under a 135w LED panel with zero air flow or environment. But since adding a fan, CMD etc etc they have come along a bit and seem to be taking off now.

I will try me best to update regular.

Hope everyone is keeping well and smoking something nice. :yep:

GV.

• Like 6

Hey mate, 

Nice new set up, I don't usually run autos so no idea on best feed but I will be looking in as I like anything cookie too .

Here's to a bumper grow :yinyang:

nice seeds they are, i run them in a diary and got 1 real nice blueberry cookies pheno, that had that cookie dough taste on the exhale, dam shame there auto's as i would of cloned her. :yinyang:

that is a nice bit of kit there with the 2 x cmh i am intersted to how they grow. i grew my auto cookies on 12/12 with a load of photo seeds. il be germing a few to go in with my vegging plants on 18/6. best of luck with the grow mate. youl be chuffed by how they smoke, the thc content was through the roof on my berry pheno. 

• Like 1

@Breezus Hi mate, I usually go for something simple like a 1 part bloom for autos, they seem to do ok with just water until they hit bloom. Maybe give BioBizz nutrients another go, tried before and they wasn't great but should do fine for autoflowers. Truth be told I am not the biggest fan of autos due to the light hours they draw for the yield they give, but when done right they can be life savers if in a hurry. Cheers for popping in bud.

@smokie1 b c f c I'm hopeful for a good result mate. The CMH grow great weed there is no doubt it, but despite a few folks on the site and round the web getting a GPW from them a few close friends cant seem to yield the same as they do with good quality HPS setups, but that said the amount in yield is minimal and the CMH buds quality is well worth the loss in normal circumstances. I'm not 100% certain on which way round I am going to play this one yet. May see the 1000w in with the autos if my other plants can be brought along with these two and the other 1000w unit. If I'm going to have the CMH anywhere I'd rather them over my Alien Rift plants I think.

ATB.

GV.

• Like 1

@GreenVision

Funny you say that about biobizz, I had issues a couple of years back because they were lacking in traces . I've added the Activera during veg and that's sorted them. Still need to watch the cal Mag because nobody gets that right in the feeds . I've been using Remo magnifical and that's super chelated for quick absorption and is working really well (I use rainwater not tap water though ). Be interested to see what you go with . 

:yinyang:

@Breezus Yh the autos tend to really pick up magnesium issues as well IMO. I haven't come across a strain of autos yet that hasn't had an issue even if only slight and in 1 plant. Blue Kush Auto was a vigorous plant but even then I struggle to keep the plant perfectly balanced. Maybe its the speed they grow, taking either too much or too little too fast. 

It was around 2015-16 I used BioBizz last, it did OK at the time. But I dont like all the additives personally. Find it a bit of a liberty that a plant that grows in the wild off the sun and rain should need any more than purpose made nutrients, A & B mixes make sense, but buying a bottle of nutrients then having to buy 5 or 6 more bottles of extras to make it work comes across as a con to me. My last bottle of Equilibrium and Canna PK went in the bin half full or more as they were years old.

2 products I see a difference though, Terpinator which I have done a side by side and I'm convinced it does work, and Canna's Boost which I used on a second clone run of DiscoBiscuit under the exact same equipment gave me mega results. Although the Boost is way overpriced.  Cannazym is a good extra too IMO, if used right I think it can give a better yield.

• Like 2

I've never used terpinator , Canna Boost is very good :yep: 

I've got my bottle needs down to Grow, Bloom calmag and activera (only because my water is so shite ) and in the new set up with rain water things are pretty well balanced at the minute, well you saw your Malibu's and that's no grow at all yet. So maybe biobizz are getting it right , who knows lol

Unless you run no til it's always a juggle and in truth I don't mind it, the precision feeds my ocd :skin_up:

I'll stop hijacking your diary now

:yinyang:

Hey @GreenVision - looking good so far, I'm sure they'll speed up now they're under those d-papillons - lovely lights! 

A couple of friends have done this strain and it's a lovely flavour it has to be said....

Save yourself some money on the canna boost and just buy triacontanol - you can get 100ml 2000ppm solution for about £20 online - this makes up 100 x 1L foliar applications at 20ppm (1ml per litre) for each serving. I usually use one dose at week 4 of flower alongside a boost in CO2 and an increase in both P and K, sugars, magnesium, and worm casting tea - it usually increases yield on average by 15-25% depending on the strain and how well the environmental factors are being managed. 

Some people argue the trickle feeding through the reservoir approach with triacontanol, but in all studies foliar application comes out on top by a long shot. There is a notable difference between trickle fed tria plants and single application foliar - the single application retain true structure while increasing in size, the trickle fed colas go crazy, foxtail like fuck and go airy too (very easy to overfeed hormone boosters). 

Looking forward to seeing how they develop :oldtoker:

• Like 1

ah glad you have used the terpinator mate, i wanted a honest opinion of it. il be buying some me thinks, or ask for a tester at the grow shop when buying other gear. 

ive used the cannaboost exel before good stuff, tho its mostly a mix of mollases and plant sugars, as i found out after spending loads on boost. lol try it mate, normal unsulfered molasses you want, that ids if you aint already got some. :yinyang:

i think terpinator has molasses in it as wel as other stuff. oh thatr stuff mentioned above sounds like a full on chemical feed ? :unsure: best to stick with seaweed extract if its growth hormones you want. cant beet kelp, seaweed for loads of growth hormones that produce lots of extra vigor in veg, and flower. that with molasses and your grow, bloom, s/weed is all you need for the best organic smoking buds. :smokin: