Super ODG#4 Diary

polo71

Another update, First thing is they do smell of orange its a strange smell but defiantly orange. Plants on day 49 of flower and they are killing me ! they are way over 5ft tall and moving them for photos is a nightmare all the photos are of the same plant as getting all three out is not possible as the are in the far corners of my tent. As you can see the big fan leaves are starting to yellow I have upped the feed to 4ml bloom and a dash of fish mix every feed just to see if it stops the yellowing not massively concerned about it just doesn't look very nice.

Had the scope on the buds and way over 50% of the trichomes are cloudy yet none of the Pistils have started turning colour yet again not bothered about that I expect them to go at least 70 days

@panik  I know the plants will say when there done but what sort of days do you expect them to go to as a rough guide ?

One other thing I have deicide not to run the clones but instead I am going to re-clone the best clone for me that's the smallest and bushiest  and keep that running in veg and I will then revisit them later on in the year maybe for my Christmas harvest.

large.Super-ODG4-50.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-51.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-52.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-53.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-54a.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-55clone.jpg    

• Like 4

Hi mate yeah these are quite heavy sativa Diesel like the Orange Diesel and tend to stretch quite a bit , they can tend to go 10-11 weeks flower some of these phenos but boy they are worth it the orange Tangerine Diesel smell and high of these is unmatchable, you look like you have a little way to go yet mate they can look and seem done but get a second wind and start swelling caylax’s on caylax’s and harden up lovely, hang in there you won’t be disappointed :yep: 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No update this week, I was planning on doing one final update before I start taking a few little buds from day 60 onwards ( was planning on taking a few every 5 days just to see the difference head rush / couch lock! ) Windows 10 has had other fucking ideas just lost my hard drive and 10 years of settings. Recovered all my photos everything else is just time to sort out. 

Should be up and running again by day 70  and hoping to have some final grow pic's uploaded before the cut bud shots. Hate having to post off (IT'S) machine will never hear the end off it  :wallbash:

I LOVE COMPUTERS ME

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right computer back up and running (most of the time) so state of play is 2 have been chopped and one is still in flower tent, first lot of pics is from the smallest plant that got chopped on day 65 could have done another 5 days but I have run out of room so it had to go, still looked ok 95% of the trichomes where cloudy.

large.Super-ODG4-70.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-71.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-72.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-73.jpg

Second plant got cut last night day 69 I think it was and again would have probably gone on anther few days but needs must.

large.Super-ODG4-74.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-75.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-77.jpglarge.Super-ODG4-76.jpg 

As you can see from the root ball they where nicely filled out.

The smell is very strange you can smell orange but to me its more of a fruity smell in general and they are a sticky as I have ever had a plant.

So we are left with one plant and the plan is to leave it as long as possible maybe day 80 or somewhere near and I will post some photo's of it before the chop and hopefully by then will have a few dried bud shots and a very early smoke report.

cheers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update will do my final update within the next week or so, a few photos of the last plant standing, not sure on the days will work it out before my last update. every bud was rock solid and there was virtually no small buds and no light buds. 

large.WP_20180824_19_11_57_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20180824_19_11_38_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20180824_19_11_10_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20180824_19_11_45_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

A few pics of some dried bud, sorry they all seem small they weren't its just the size I like them for curing large.WP_20180830_15_48_46_Proa.jpglarge.WP_20180830_15_48_34_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20180830_15_47_46_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20180830_15_47_11_Pro.jpg

I have not had a smoke of it but a friend has and it put him on his arse and he knows his stuff, he told me you could taste the orange / fruitiness and that even after only 2 weeks been dry it was smooth (never told him what it was)  so all looking good forgot the smoke he had was the one I cut around 65 days.

@panik yeah deffo smell the orange mate and when you open a jar it stinks the house out (thank god for ona block)

Will do a final wright up about the hole experience in the next week or so but a big thanks for letting me have the chance to grow some RGS seeds.

cheers

• Like 3

Looks and sounds great me old mate im glad to hear it put your mate on his arse and is doing the fine job it should be,.. I look forward to the final write up and review thanks mate,.. :yep: 

• Like 1

So its my final post in the diary, its just a quick review from the beginning. First of all I would like to say thank you to @panik and all at Real Gorilla Seeds for giving me the opportunity to try one of there strains.

The strain is very easy to grow I got a 100% germ rate and  5 really strong plants and 1 that as what you would call a runt but still they all took off no problem, in fact they took off maybe too much for my liking (I like small / medium size plants) all they way thru veg they were a pleasure to grow they looked after themselves really, Out of the 6 I ended up with 3  females including the one smaller plant so 50% female to male rate. In the first few weeks of flower the really did take off they must have stretched more then 3x there size and right into the roof of my tent again this was my doing to a degree cos I don't like training or tying plants down. After week 4 they did settle down and then they once again were a pleaser and very easy to grow I don't normally grow plants that go 70 odd days so the last few weeks were killing me but I got there in the end. The last few weeks in flower they really do smell of a orange / fruitiness I never got the diesel smell just a nice fresh fruit. The plants never got more the 3ml per litre of bloom and a good dash of fishmix all they way to the end and always looked happy enough.

I ended up with just over 6oz from the 3 plants and considering my final posts are 5lre I was more then happy with that. most of it is still jars curing but I have given a small bit to two trusted people and they both say how smooth it is and that you can taste the orange in it, The other thing they have both said is that it is strong very strong and its not a smoke if you want to get on and do things.

All in all its been a pleasure and has given me a incite into a seed company that was not on my radar before but most certainly is now and I will be keeping a eye on the forum in future for something a bit different then my normal grows.  

cheers  

• Like 3

Hi mate great diary and review im glad all went well and you enjoyed growing out the SuperODG#4 , its definitely a taller stretcher plant as you say and can sometimes be a bugger to handle but you done a fine job and glad you an your mates got the strong orange flavour , and she is a strong smoke for sure.. 

Thanks for taking the time to try out our strains and pop up a diary I look forward to what you might grow next from us,.. Happy smoking mate take care.. :yep: 

• Like 1