Seedsman Grow comp 2018 Chem-Bubbly

noddy

Hi folks ok just starting the 3 Chem-Bubblys today as i want to get the autos running and due to health i want to at least make sure i grow some plants ,i am in and out of hospital for the next few months oh joy so it might be a bit between posts ok but bare with me .

Ok to the plants ,they are going in a mix of seed & cutting compost and vermiculite as a starter ,i think the pictures give you the idea of how thye will be started but i am just popping them in the soil with a little jelly pot over to keep the moisture in , they will be under 125w cfl for the first week may be 2 again depending on hospital and me .

Ok all good luck in your growing and most of all huge thanks to Seedsman for the comp and the free seeds and other goodies

Stay safe 

large.DSCF1556.JPGlarge.DSCF1557.JPG

• Like 1

Well just a little update , i planted them after a soak in GA3 and then put under lights with little tops on to keep them moist but only 1 germinated and she is not looking that great either ,this is the first time i have ever used GA3 and well not sure i will try it again ,i pre saoked the seed then popped them straight in to potting compost and this is the result and like i have said the one i got up does not look great very weak and weedy ,i will put more on if it lives if not i will be throwing 3 others in the grow 

stay safe grow well

• Like 1

Ok, now seeing the first photos, maybe the substrate seemed very dry at first, as i said in pm that's why I always prefer to use wet napkins, popping in substrate can give problems depending on the type substrate, when doing a soft watering the first time, water it could "slip" on the substrate, thus not being sufficiently wet... wishing best ressults!!

@J Trich sorry the picture was before i soaked the seed compost i wanted to show the compost and pot size i was using , they also had a 24hr soak in GA3 ,the compost os seed and cutting compost mixed with some vermiculite but no worries i have one lady going i have left the other 2 under the lights as you never know they may be late to the party .

Will keep you informed as i go

stay safe grow well

• Like 1

yah, yeah, no worrys, only saying because those threads reaching lot people and i preffer to offer the best info about germination issues.. I personally have tried this with 100 seeds ... also because of my work I have seen germinations from many growers, and the success rate is much higher when we contrast both methods, so I always take advantage of these situations to emphasize this for possible viewers.. 

Edited by J Trich

Well folks i guess i will have to start 3 more seeds so will be doing another grow thread ,as i stated 2 of the 3 never grew and the 1 that came up was so weak , i will not be pre soaking in GA3 again and will be going back to damp tissue to germ .

The 1 that did germ has finally given up the ghost but it did struggle to get going and even to pot it's shell so i figure it was a runt 

Thank you anyway @J Trich for letting me try these i will sow 3 of the others you gave me 

stay safe grow well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, noddy said:

Well folks i guess i will have to start 3 more seeds so will be doing another grow thread ,as i stated 2 of the 3 never grew and the 1 that came up was so weak , i will not be pre soaking in GA3 again and will be going back to damp tissue to germ .

The 1 that did germ has finally given up the ghost but it did struggle to get going and even to pot it's shell so i figure it was a runt 

Thank you anyway @J Trich for letting me try these i will sow 3 of the others you gave me 

stay safe grow well

yeah.. wishing you a strike!!