Cheese XXL auto grow

Michael Luchóg

:oldtoker:  Hi folks . Big thanks @DinafemMark for these beans . Hope I do them justice . 

I was supposed to take part in the competition but to be honest I'm not that competitive ,and there was a mix up with another delivery and mine so I've lost before I start ! 

Any'hoo no pressure here so all is cool .I'll update and hope they grow alright .

Twenty days ago I stuck two cheese xxl auto into one 45 litre pot ,3/4 full with a mix of peat from a bog ,sand, and some old rotted debris,leaf mould .

They're in the corner of this picture .I'm cramming plants into the tent so ignore the other smaller seedlings in the small pots ,sitting in the big pot .  large._20180428_181746.JPG

These are under a 942 cmh 315w . 

The other three beans are only popped about two days ,and they're just getting sunlight so far . I'm trying to free up space and move a few plants out of the tent for 12/12. 

large._20180428_181417.JPG

:cowboy:

• Like 6

You'll do them justice mate I'm confident in that :)

Its not very often we see more than 1 plant per pot so this is going to be interesting. 

With 45l of medium I can't see any issue and I'll be watching this auto show with interest  :)

Thank you for getting another Dinafem grow up and running on UK420  :bong:

Until next time. Good luck with the grow :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

good luck with these.

ive grown them a few times but they allways seemed to end up bloody massive.

worse problems to have.

I knew I had a pic somewherelarge.chedxxl.jpg

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

@badbillybob .Thanks, she is a monster. Top marks :yep: 

If all of these were as good as that plant It'd still be a good result ! Mark & Vortex :yep:

I missed one seedling resizing the image .Flowers are starting to grow. Stay growing I pray ,like in Badbillybob's pic above .large._20180505_192134.JPG

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 4

Folks :skin_up:large._20180511_205324.JPG

They're flowering now. The other three are still quite small. 

• Like 4

I've grown these outdoor in Spain a few times now and most of them have ended up as real beasts. Lovely plants and hardy as. They look nice.

• Like 2

Oh yes they are flowering now and stretch mode is in full swing  :bong:

Stretch should start to slow soon brother then we will see those buds explode  :yep:

Thanks for the diary update mate. I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

large._20180521_213350.JPGlarge._20180521_212948.JPG@pollenlover I'm jealous man  .I'd love to have a spot ,or plot in Spain .

@Dinafem-Mark

Are they exploding yet ? :skin_up:Thanks Mark .Sorry to hear about your hound .I've had a few dogs ,one very clever pointer ,when she died I didn't want another dog .

I took the plants outside and gave them a misting of rainwater and Neem oil with rosemary. They got the sh1t kicked out of them with the wind for minute !

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 3

@Michael Luchog

Looking good. They should be fine out there. I finished a late crop of them outdoors in Barcelona last year in December. Nice little late season bonus. Back in the UK now. Some new challenges switching back to indoors. Will try a couple of these outdoors this year and see how they do.

• Like 2

On 21/05/2018 at 10:13 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

Thanks Mark .Sorry to hear about your hound .I've had a few dogs ,one very clever pointer ,when she died I didn't want another dog .

I took the plants outside and gave them a misting of rainwater and Neem oil with rosemary. They got the sh1t kicked out of them with the wind for minute !

Oh thank you mate. This loss has hit us very hard to tell the truth harder than losing some friends and family. 

Now onto the plants  :yep: looks to have stretched a lot and now the bud development is looking good. The bit of wind will not cause any harm rather strengthen them stems which will help to hold those beautiful flowers :)

Looking good so far my friend!

Thank you as always for the update I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

large._20180601_215541.JPGThanks Pollenlover and Mark . Actually I'm considering leaving the three younger plants outdoors to finish .Might be risky but I haven't decided yet .I want to use an attic with tight headroom .I've been vegging a few photoperiod plants low and prostrate and the attic gets too hot ,only suitable for 12/12 in summer .In winter though it would be ideal for autos .This cheese one is on the to do list again but something with a tighter nature might be best ,because two of the cheese xxl auto have passed the bulb out ! 

The two more mature plants have a lot of amber pistils . It don't mind if it ripens fast but I'd like if the tallest one bulked up just a tad more .Also wondering if perhaps the cmh bulb contributes to earlier finishing times with autos . It is only day 56 ,maybe day 58.

large._20180601_214359.JPGlarge._20180601_215238.JPGlarge._20180601_214708.JPGlarge._20180601_215541.JPG

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 2

The cheese xxl have definitely stretched mate a lot more than I expected to tell you the truth.

Your tackling the height well and buds on the 2 mature plants looks to be forming well ;) with the others budding up very well indeed  :yep:

Will be interesting to see how this strain compares indoor v outdoor so that would make a nice addition and give some variety In the growth of the plants + flowering times may differ   (longer outdoors +10-25%) :bong:

Looking good to me mate and as always thank you for the diary update  :headbang:

I'll be back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Well Mark ,hope all is good your way .They've all sort of grown like sativa's ,the others caught up with the first two in height . 

I put them all outside today .The weather's been fantastic ,very dry ,with ground cracking where soil is shallow . This evening it started raining and the sky is cloudy with hardly a breeze ,a dead heat ,muggy and humid and not at all conducive for flowering cannabis .Sods law . I think tomorrow I might chop the two mature-ish autos down ,because it's risky even without rain .I know they're not finished but they're not far off .The buds are pretty hard on the taller plant .There's definitely a variation between the two .The taller plant has more appealing flowers ,larger calyxes ,stacked and pine comb like .They're small but tight . The picture is deceptive ,it looks like the buds are a little larger in picture to be fair .large._20180608_154555.JPGlarge._20180608_113352.JPG

Take it easy :skin_up:

• Like 2

On 08/06/2018 at 8:41 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

Well Mark ,hope all is good your way .They've all sort of grown like sativa's

I'm very well mate :yep: and thank you for asking  ;)

The sativa trait is expected with this strain mate she's got to be closer to 80% sativa 10% indica with 10% Ruderalis left behind to assist in the autoflowering gene :)

The weather has been fantastic and I don't blame you one bit for capitalising on this and getting some free lumens and more importantly natural :bong:

Have you harvested the 2 larger virus mate?

As always thanks for the diary update I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1