MIGHTY-GOLD

panik

Mighty Gold

Strain Lineage: Mighty Freeze x Green Gold

The MightyGold remains one of Kongs favourite all time strains in our catalogue , Kong has grown a outdoor plant or two over the years and always rates the MightyGold for its fast, reliable , early genetics, these plants similar to the MightyFreeze strain doesn't grow very tall with a maximum of about 2m in height , she tends to have sativa and indica phenotypes that both have great qualities in any garden, most plants are a cinch to trim with long slender buds on sticks and very high bud to leaf ratio.

• Height 1-2m
  • Finish August - September
  • Auto - Semi Auto
  • Feminised
  • Like 6

• 11 months later...

Hi looking to get a harvest end of August at lat 54  Ireland’s  Any tips on getting an early Finnish ? I was thinking starting indoors a month earlier might speed up Finnish times because they are semi autos , do you think this could work 

• Like 1

@irishsun check out TSK posts in the 2018 Guerrilla Comp Diarys, he ran these at a high northern latitude...lat 56 if I remember correctly m8, they done well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, irishsun said:

Hi looking to get a harvest end of August at lat 54  Ireland’s  Any tips on getting an early Finnish ? I was thinking starting indoors a month earlier might speed up Finnish times because they are semi autos , do you think this could work 

I wouldn’t start them off indoor for a month earlier mate the might start to flower and then reveg when you plant out causing problems 

• Like 4

Ahhh thanks for the tip maybe avoid that strategy then ! Do you think there is a Chance if them finishing end of August at lat 54.5 or would i need to go with autos 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, irishsun said:

Ahhh thanks for the tip maybe avoid that strategy then ! Do you think there is a Chance if them finishing end of August at lat 54.5 or would i need to go with autos 

Possibly mate plant them out no earlier than 4 May you should be good

• Like 3

On 3/16/2019 at 5:21 PM, irishsun said:

i had great results @56 with mighty gold. popped april 20th, planted out a month and a smidgen later. one pheno was super thick and fast, down last day of august. the other phenos were more open structure buds, leafy - but that was more reaction to the drought and feeding factors - and finished 3 or so weeks after. 

one got snapped in half and bounced back to my biggest plant of the season. hardy, early strain - good smoke - give them a shot. :yep:

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hi there, have a batch of these out this year but they have started flowering already which seems far too early, do you think this could be that i germinated to early (early March)?

Thanks.

Incey

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, inceywincey said:

Hi there, have a batch of these out this year but they have started flowering already which seems far too early, do you think this could be that i germinated to early (early March)?

Thanks.

Incey

Early March is way too early for semi autos mate , :unsure:

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Looking to maybe grow some of these this year but I don't really understand the semi auto thing - I want a plant that starts to flower early but don't really understand why they can't be started in march - surely if they are kept under light 24/7 they won't flower? Or does the auto genetics take over regardless of light exposure? If that's the case I'm guessing you can't keep these as mother plants? Does the same apply to mighty freeze and DFG?

Thanks for reading.

I don't think these will flower under 20/4. At least royal mazar doesn't. I think the semi auto thing might trigger them into flowering under less than 18/6 if rootbound.

On 16/03/2022 at 8:39 PM, Forestguy said:

I don't think these will flower under 20/4. At least royal mazar doesn't. I think the semi auto thing might trigger them into flowering under less than 18/6 if rootbound.

Thanks for the reply, do you run them under 20/4 to keep as a mother or just to veg?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I took cuttings off my Mighty Gold’s from last season. I’ve flowered cuttings of it indoors a couple of times over the winter. They seem to behave pretty much like normal Photoperiods. I’ve been keeping them vegging fine on 19/5. Same with Royal Mazar and Whitey Freeze cuttings as well as Purple Freeze from seed. I just dropped my timer down to 18/6. Will see how they do on that. I may drop them down to 17/7 before putting some out as late plant outs come June.

Mighty Gold seem pretty homogenous from seed. Though I did get a few auto type runts with Royal Mazar and Whitey Freeze started from seed. 

• Like 3

On 15/03/2022 at 0:13 AM, Roofless won said:

DFG

I’ve also been running DFG on 19/5. Sure they would be ok on 18/6

• Like 2