Purps#1 and my Purple Moby Dick.

Badbadger

large.20180331_153231.jpg

Here we go again then people.

I have to say a massive thank you to Dinafem for the opportunity and of course a monster high five to @Dinafem-Mark Mark who should be awarded a knighthood by the Queen for services to Cannabis "arise Sir Mark of Dinafem"

So as the title says welcome to the Badbadger Experience.

Your "experience" will be focused on Dinafems two latest strains namely Purple Moby Dick...

large.20180330_091642.jpg

and Purps#1...

large.20180330_092524.jpg

The grow...

They are going to be ran as a wick grow in a 50/50 mix of Guanokalong Complete Compost and Coco Coir. 

large.20180331_151137-1600x2400.jpg

(Dinafem image)

They'll be sat on my diy compost/hydro mashed set up, consisting of two circulating U circuits draining back into the main 80ltr tank that will supply all fluids and feeds.

They'll be fed on Guanokalongs range of Grow,Bloom,Taste Enhancer and Batboost. I've done a few grows on it and it's been impeccable.....

large.20180318_184243-1776x978.jpg

My set up is far from normal but Guanokalongs products are so versatile that they'll run in any pretty much any set up without a seconds thought.

Lighting is my Blackdogled Phytomax 2 200w (act) and as supplemental are my 2 Mars Hydro 145w (actual) So all in I have 490w of LED play with.

large.20180326_153619.png

Germination...

I germed 2 of each strain using my baking tray technique.

large.20180331_150638-1600x2400.jpg

(Dinafem image)

Take your tray and place 3 paper cases in each space,label the top one before placing one seed in each with 4ml of warm plain h2o.....

large.20180331_150233-1600x1566.jpg

Cover with 3 more cases and label the top case again....

large.IMG-20180402-WA0000.jpg

I place the tray inside the bubble wrap bag and put it inside another for higher humidity and place it in my airing cupboard just above the tank on a few pieces of cardboard to steady the heat so it's pretty warm but not so much so it's an issue, give and take around 24c.

I fill 4 three inch pots with the compost/coir to an inch below the rim,water and place them in a bag in my tent to warm up.

Shortly we had life in the airing cupboard...

large.20180331_150454-1600x1600.jpg

Lift each seed up on it's paper case and roll it onto the compost,cover with a pinch of compost and place the paper case over for a little extra warmth and humidity...

large.20180331_145626-1600x1600.jpg

All done.....

large.20180331_150559-1600x912.jpg

large.20180331_150530-1600x1169.jpg

Then tuck them in nice and cosy.....

large.20180329_150400-1600x1200.jpg

Thats us up to date and I'm really looking forward to putting a bit more experience into my grow this time and can't wait to see what these interesting strains have in store for me.

Growing is a steep learning curve anyway, if you take it seriously and are relying on it for genuine needed medication it can feel like living on a razor blade waiting for the next spell when your yield/quality drops and that razor blade splits you in two,so I always try and learn my lessons from each outting to improve a little each time.

I will layout the process as we get further along the road but it's going to be different that's for sure lol

**this diary was delayed as I had a technical issue (my phone f****d up not me!) and wouldn't let me upload images for near on 3 days so the plants are up already but that's for next time.

Until then I think that's it for now,thanks again to Mark and Dinafem.

Take care people.

ps thanks to jimi for the purple inspiration and name (you still rock jimi) 

*WARNING* uncensored title piece below.....

large.20180328_200956.jpg

I'd like to point out it was cold when this image was taken and tilt shift messed up the perspective of the offending "equipment" 

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 9

Nothing I like better than a trip down the badger hole :)

Your grows are always so detailed. Filled with information for every step of the grow and perfect for the new and old growers to follow along :)

Let's see what you can do with these 2 new purple additions to the Dinafem girls  :)

Environment, nutrients and lighting look spot on so let's see what these new girls can do :)

I'm not sure what's going on with YouTube as videos are not showing. I believe this is on their end :bong:

Thank you so much for getting this grow diary going on the UK420 platform  :) needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest my friend!

Until the next Badger update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Alright @Badbadger I hope your well mate, what a cracking start, so much info you have put into your first report.

I am also running some purps and moby and am looking forward to seeing yours above ground, take it easy, I'll look forward to your next update pictures.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 1

good luck with this grow mate (not that you need luck) my purps and moby are in now aswell so it will be nice to compare skill vs me :)

• Like 2

Has anyone seen @Badbadger?

We were chatting daily via email. He's quite active on Instagram and uk420. Total radio silence for over a week. I think I last chatted about the 10th :)

Getting a bit worried. I hope our badger friend has just gone into a slight hibernation and will emerge again soon :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1