land theft auto

gallery_96585_12486_161075.jpg

Thought Id start with two pics from a previous outdoor auto grow summer before last. 

gallery_96585_12486_187310.jpg

2018........

This season Im growing one each of these autos .......large.1522332424420.jpg

Straight into wetted coco, clingfilm, warm, all sprouted ! large.1522332424080.jpg

The auto Cookie and the Lime are lovely smokes. The Cookie is a proper stinker in flower. The other two strains, Brooklyn Sunnrise auto and auto Glueberry I haven t tried before

but the Glueberry OG fems are excellent from previous grows so the auto version will be quite peng if its similar.

The autos are very tender, just popped so fingers crossed.

No feed or ph till about 2 weeks.

t5 flour lights, 96w, 24 / 7

heated propagator base 50w set to 30c giving an air temp about 18c

:oldtoker:

Hey @autodog looking forward to seeing your results 

How strongs the smell of the Lime in flower in your experience?

might run one in the greenhouse next year.. 

:yinyang:

Hi @LivelyUpYourself if I recall the Lime is not over smelly in flower. I havent used a green house. Outdoor plants arent usually honking out unless Im very close. The Cookie is the one I will keep farthest from the boundary. Of the 4 chosen autos its my favourite bud.

The seedlings have survived so far. Two are doing fine, 2 are slower. Temps are still low in the veg cab.  I will place them sheltered outdoors in the sun with a clear lid over them for a

spell.

Well the sun has gone in its cold still. Just took em out to have a look.

large.1522746773258.jpg

Its the Cookie and Lime  which are doing well only 12 days from first wetting.

The Glue and Sunrise are moving very slowly and havent given up.

Oh well, its a long game.

No feed or ph, just rain water on a mini wet dry regime.

Nice and cosy under flouro sitting on a heated base.

• 1 month later...

large.1525437059120.jpg

1 litre coco pots. 

1mil per litre a + b Canna Coco

3 drops ph down per litre

96w flouro t5 at

18 / 6   and outdoors in sunny weather

2 new strains, fems

Lemon Zhittle and Bubba Island Kush. The Zittle has a longer flower time, the Bubba a short advertised flower.

Will probs take cuts from these two

Great stuff, thanks to Dutch Passion. Premium seeds and dedicated service

Will be adding a Blueberry clone to the group soon

• 3 weeks later...

The Auto Colorado Cookie is my first DP seed plant to go outside in a sunny plot for the autos.

Was fed on 1mil per litre Canna a + b until plantout last week

large.1526976875268.jpg

The auto Colorado is a wonderful smoke. Quite a smelly one in full flower so needs a good site in 

the garden. I believe it is a Blueberry crossed with Cookie. The buds have a rich flavour and aroma.

The auto Lime is still in a 1 litre pot and wont be ready for a few days yet.

The Zkittle and Bubba Island fems are still small and vegging slowly as a result of being a bit sun burned

during a hot spell? Have sprouted a couple more Zkittles just in case. All the new seeds have sprouted to 

early veg stage.

Anyone reading this who hasnt tried growing outdooor autos, these are fast growing miniature cannabis plants.

100 days from seedling is about right though some might be a bit longer.

Typically a max height of 2 to 3 foot can be trained lower by bending back the main stem to make a mini bush.

Easily concealed in a big garden or even a balcony with care. They mature in August, 2 months before the 

main crop of photo period fems which are ready from 2nd week of Oct

There is prob still a few weeks remaining for starting some autos this season.

My plant outs start when the Hawthorn trees blossom. The planting will be complete while the Elder trees flower

into early June.

Good luck to all the outdoor growers greening the land

:skin_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Rainy weather

large.1527678070831.jpg

large.1527678071353.jpg

These 2 autos are my big hope for some smokes in august . The Cookie is just getting settled,

the Lime is more recently planted out.

The sunburnt fems are still struggling but a couple of Zkittles are coming on in case the

Bubba Island and original Zkittle dont come good.

• 3 weeks later...

Mid summers eve. Elder flowers are falling

One more auto is being planted out today, my last this season, Brooklyn Sunrise 3 weeks from seed.

large.1529483576586.jpg

The auto Colorado Cookie is starting to flower, first of the season

large.1529483577032.jpg

Auto Daquiri Lime has found her feet and settled in. Pre flower

large.1529483577420.jpg

New fem strain Lemon Zkittle is settling in to veg.

• 3 weeks later...

The autos are budding up nicely

large.1531213750252.jpg

large.1531213749515.jpg

the autos are small about a foot high. Some lovely scents on the blooms

My outdoor Zkittles fem  has been set back by a suspected rabbit attack

which cropped the top head. The cage was too small. The rabbits stand on

their back legs to reach whatever can be grabbed. They love vegging cannabis

plants. The Zkittle will survive though now a bigger cage surrounds the original.

Two other fems , the Bubba and another Zkittle were sunburned early on when in small pots

and remain stunted having never recovered from shock heat.

:cowboy:

• 3 weeks later...

The Auto Colorado is ripening fast at the mo. Tiny but stacked with bud from top to toe. Smells beautiful spicey orange.

large.1532594380140.jpg

Here the Daquiri flowering and gorgeous dark green buds. Smells divine

large.1532594380454.jpg

The biggest of my autos will probs be the Sunrise which was planted later.

Just starting to bud

large.1532594798501.jpg

Some water every 3 days during the drought has kept them sweet

Edited by autodog

The Lime and Cookie have  ripened well. Found a tiny spot of rot on the Cookie. This is natures way of telling me its nearly time to crop.

The dry spell is over, heavy rain over the weekend.large.1533025689819.jpg

The autumn colours of the fan leaves and closed buds, no white hairs will cut as soon as I get a chance. About 4 months from sowing seed indoors under flouros and outside about

2 and a half months.

This is early  bud , not loads but with the Lime and the Sunrise it will be tastey fresh quality weed to keep us baked while the main crop fems are ripening into October.

large.1533025690325.jpg

The outdoor autos always a wonder and delight whatever size. The above 2 are about 18inches high.

The Sunrise, planted later is much bigger and bushier. This one looks like my best auto this season.

Wish Id done a few more autos. They haven t taken much space and easy to conceal.large.1533025690716.jpg

So hoping to share a smoke with you next week to sample the Auto Colorado Cookie, the first of this summers fruit. Happy grows   :skin_up:

• 2 weeks later...

My first harvest this season.

Auto Colorado Cookie a very welcome 10.5 grams dry. Was cut  on 1st August

.large.1533802853317.jpg

The fresh herb smells divine, beautifully fruity and just dry enough to grind, this is a sweet one.

This is my 2nd season growing outdoor autos and regretted not doing any last year cos the main

crop of fems take an age. Should have just enough auto bud from 3 plants to get us through till

October when the fems are mature. The Lime is probs 10g and Im optimistic that the Brooklyn

Sunrise will make an oz if she continues to thrive. Will try to get a dozen autos out next year, 3

was way too tight but  the good weather has got me out of trouble.

If you considered yourself a Freaky type in the 70's you may enjoy the book which is an account

of the uk counter culture 1956 to 94. Talkin bout my generation, the early Free Festivals, the convoy

punks, revolutionaries. Some will recognise folk they knew in the stories or maybe themselves.

funny and nostalgic great read.

Now another spliff. I've earned it grown it loved and protected the wonderful Colorado Cookie.

She's good and strong. This one has a warm red scent like rose turkish delight

• 3 weeks later...

Auto Daquiri Lime

Harvested this one 3  weeks ago, small plant that yielded 9g dry of dark green bud. Was chopped after finding a little rot.

The auto  has a lovely orangey spice smell. Have just started smoking some. Nice dark  flavour  deep sweet tangerine under with

lighter herby savoury note above the deeper flavour. Very satisfactory smoke. Kicks in smooth and hard. Im really glad I made the

effort to get some autos in the ground during May.

Auto Brooklyn Sunrise

Hanging to dry. Will give her a smoke next time. Biggest of the 3 autos, planted out late May

Bubba Island Kush, Dutch Passion fem

This plant looks like she is about to flower, if she does, will get some pics up

Feeling quite mashed on the auto Daquiri,  it's well named, a good strong cocktail

Looking @Jack010

diary next door, a really good grow compared to my little auto harvest, shows how big some

autos do outdoors.  The Mazar was my biggest auto in a previous grow and would grow again.

I've found autos can be big or small in different conditions and I probably should be planting

out a dozen instead of only 3 to get a few bigger plants. For me, if the weed from 1 auto fills a

jam jar, then Im happy. The jars of auto weed will get us through till the main crop of fems in October

Thanks Dutch Passion

It's chuckin it down outside but I had to go out to see which fems have started to flower. I noticed flowers starting to bud on my DP Blueberry clone yesterday which may have started a day or so previously.  Once flowers are clearly visible I try to keep the plants for a further 6 weeks before maturity if rot doesn't dictate an early chop.So for the Blueberry - some prime bud from this one last season -  so I'm on schedule for 2nd week October. One of the King Kongs  is flowering too so Im hoping the Bubba Island Kush wont be long about flowering though its in a poorer plot and planted later

large.1535535063576.jpg

This Blueberry is from clone very reliable stinky full flavoured bud.

Finishes inside 56 days tops. Similar to blue cheese imo this pheno.

Nearly always have this either flowering or in veg.

The plant was topped and well vegged when planted out mid May.

She has survived the recent stormy winds and very heavy rain unscathed.

Quite bushy about 5ft, holding her own in the small plot overgrown by taller

plant each side.

The 2 untopped plants in the same plot have grown over 7ft and suffered

some side branches splitting and falling horizontal or worse. Theyve been

tied up with string and they really need staking too which is a pain, never

needed to give em much support in the 2 previous seasons.

All in all not lookin too bad at autodog acre, autos safely jarred, fems flowering

just in time. By comparison last year's Frisian Dew was flowering end of July !

:cowboy: