UK Cannabis Instagram Account? How safe/ risky is it?

MicGrow

Hey guys.
I love my growing hobby. 
I want to share it with everyone and help normalise cannabis in the UK.

I'm considering setting up a UK based cannabis instagram

Other than being careful about the content of the photos and personal info on the insta account how risky is it do you think?

It'll obviously bdosument a non-commercial operation and won't expose anymore than I put on here anyway.

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Imo nothing you put on the internet is secure.

its a matter of if you give a fuck who sees it I would say, so if ya happy that someone knows ya username and can search said username then post away! 

I thought about this when joining Instagram and tbh if I am growing for Percy I don’t think you would be targeted. Just dont show everything and anything. P.s. you can also make your profile private. You may find a few folk here on the gram including myself! lol 

peace!

lil d. 

• Like 3

i think if you think setting up an insta account is going to help normalise cannabis in the uk then your wrong...it wont make a shit of difference.

if however,you want lots of "yes bruv" then you may be on the right track :yep:

• Like 12

if you truly love something. you keep it tied up in your basement.

you dont share it with anyone.

:ninja:

• Like 33

13 minutes ago, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

:wub:

• Like 3

Aye, my weed, family, cats, dog are all locked in my basement. 

If I hadn't left my watering can and pruning shears in there they would be very bored. 

I love my allotment too and my motorbike but the last thing I want them doing is revving that up in my basement at all hours and moving the allotment down to the basement wasn't an option because it's north facing and get no sunlight lol

• Like 1

If I could ask a similar question, does anyone here use software that masks their eye-pee address?

Edited by SeaJay

Worth thinking about stripping any GPS info before uploading pics, and using a vpn to appear as if your're in a legal location.

2 hours ago, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

lol LMAO 

You need to make sure your location is turned off when using the app and uploading pictures. If you use other social media apps then insta tries to sync them so make sure you're not logged in as it will share to things like FB automatically. 

Its a good app but can be a pain in the arse. Bit like coming coming here to learn about weed and seeing silly arguments all over the place.

• Like 6

Loads of Instagram accounts are running, they just shut them down if anyone complains. By posting on here and or Instagram your normalising cannabis use, it might not make a difference if one person does it but it might if everyone was more open. 

And whatsapp.

I'm changing the way I browse the internet now or even getting shut of it.  Even if it means it runs slower I'd rather that these days than Google/YouTube remember what my ip address was looking at. Then that makes suggestions and recommendations similar to what I've been watching on youtube to pop up on other devices if connected to my Wi-Fi.

I don't want my family or visitors going on Google on their phone or tablet or whatever, then what I've been searching for appears on their device as previous searches on Google I've made, and related videos in YouTube.

Internets going to bollox now imo.

i dont know who owns it @Degsy dude  :stoned: 

im just guessing to, but if theres millions/billions of photos/videos linked to communicating people.. well..

it all depends on how much you really care i guess

i dont use or have ever looked at it (or facebook) but from what i here people seem to be useing it loads for canna related businesses..

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1