Ideas for top of table/frame

PKush

Good people of UK420.

I'm shabite at DIY.  The table I've created has taken me a fortnight.  I need advice regarding what to stick on the top of it.  Been hammering me brain for ideas but I suppose who best to ask than you lot.

So yeah, I've created a frame to raise the girls above the intake.  The first level is for the trays.  What I need is something that goes at the top that can hold the weight of six 15-17L pots, whilst allowing for run off to drip down to the level below.  The size of the table is 2.3m x 2.3m.

The catch is I'm skint, I need to do this as cheap as possible.  I've been looking around for galvanised steel but it's expensive and now I'm reading it can give you zinc issues.  Likewise, I contemplated a concrete reinforcement grid but that'll rust.   I also thought about lashing corrugated plastic on with a gutter for drainage; though I lack the space and it seems complex for my capabilities.

Voila!  Oh, and this table is only 115cm.  I've still got to build the one for the other half of the tent.

large.4.jpg

Thank you.

Hi, I'd add a frame in the middle of the top level for support, a cross frame would do, get some pallets there usually free and use wood from that to create a floor, then cover it with tarpaulin?

Hope it helps

JJ.

• Like 1

Not criticism, but why are you doing this? If you're bothered about pots sitting in run off, put them on bricks.

Seems like a lot of effort.

• Like 1

@jj69 Cheers.  Good idea, you've got me thinking.

@monkeypig I need to raise my trays above the intake and also, I wanted to be able to slide my trays out without having to lift the pots.