Design and construction of growdrobe

Rufus Brown

Similar back at Argos but ever so slightly taller and deeper, the Hygena Atlas is a 1m wide double door wardrobe currently at £140. Or look at Ikea Pax which come in 1m wide 58cm deep cabinets, with a choice of doors which might be a cheaper option.

Edited by delagdo
  • Like 1

You could buy a lot of ply and battens from the timber merchant much less than 100 quid, and end up with a sturdy box that's the perfect size for your needs.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 03/03/2018 at 3:14 PM, Rufus Brown said:

@cultivateur  That's what I was thinking , was going for just the 1 600 (270w)

But believe better light spread with the 2 panels 

I run two 100W LED panels that easily cover 4' x 2' for flowering. The temp difference with LED over HPS will also be on your side in a gro-drobe. Whether you can get air noise down to zero will probably big your biggest issue.

Good luck.

Edited by Lux_Interior
grammer
  • Like 1

@Lux_Interior hey mate this thread is over 4 and half years old when I posted this 

I run a Zeus pro 600w now in a 1.2 tent never got round to building the drobe .

Edited by Rufus Brown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus Brown said:

@Lux_Interior hey mate this thread is over 4 and half years old when I posted this 

Wow FFS. I just spat my three week out of date milk on my ZX Spectrum.

Anyhoo.. How did the Grobe work out?

:smokin:

PS Zeus Pro. Decent bit of kit? 600W a bit rich for me though.

Edited by Lux_Interior
I run a 1.2 x 1.2 tent. Gotta love 'em
  • Like 2

On 23/07/2022 at 9:10 PM, Rufus Brown said:

@Rufus Brown ok was reading your post yesterday and just been on eBay and found the perfect wardrobe grow box it's the bollocks so I thought I put up a post to find you well I did some how there was more of a post tonight and it bastard 4 years old ha ha thought that counts I suppose 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus Brown said:

@Baron von greenback there's quite a few drobe builds on the boards 

Some proper stealth jobs 

I never got round to building mine as I carried on with a tent for an easy life 

Ye mate no worries they are good but to small usually what's forklifts got do with anything or is that just me strange

• Like 2

They've deleted the forklift post. Thanks, now I look like a nutter lol 

Edited by KC
I should use quote more often it seems

12 hours ago, KC said:

No you don't look like a nutter honest

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Good advice here, good hands, something I don't possess.

I actually need to make some sort of a growdrobe.My other "shed/outhouse" is falling apart faster than I thought it would ,well, a holy roof now!

Anyway I'm struggling to find a 150w CMH or HPS unit locally or nationally. I feel I'll need one alongside an LED for extra heat. 

I've looked at a few DIY wardrobe grow spaces and I've a added a few things to a shopping list that I hadn't considered buying,like heavy tape to cover corners or mend cracks. 

I spent heaps of money lately fixing up a room that I had no plan for. Happier to have the walls painted and a door frame to install tomorrow. 

I'm not going to buy a flat pack wardrobe. I saw an interesting cabin bed on a 2nd hand site. It had one big space classed to the square of the bed,and it was well built, hand built. Unfortunately it's way too far to drive and I've no excuse for going so far but it is tempting. The area of a small double bed, but 1m head height. 

If anyone has a link or two to some of our genius handymen building a growdrobe that I didn't come upon, please link me up!

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2022 at 6:27 AM, KC said:

Is this those 'turn-key' ready built wardrobes that you can/could buy that you are referring to? They looked a bit like home furniture but it was actually a bit more encounters of the third kind than one would hope!

(I won't post a link)

*post necromancy rules*

• Like 1