pound shop rooting powder

craigfjyp

I don't normally use any rooting stuff for cuts but as that tub was only a quid that was the only reason I bought it lol 

it says its just a natural source of seaweed on the tub, and it says you can use it during potting up as well. 

I've used it before but be careful to knock off any excess powder. If you use too much the new root grows as a solid clump rather than branching out.

I always use Clonex  gel now. 

• Like 2

same company make pk13/14 and grow and bloom nutrient in little bottles aswell think they come with the nutricultre flo gro sets or i have seen one bundled somewhere.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually use Aloe Vera gel as a rooting gel.

It is wayyyy cheaper since that plant doesn't need too much water, light or nutrients, it just keep growing.

It works as well as clonex, if not better and it's 100% organic. You can easily take 10 cuttings with one Aloe Vera leaf.

Go Aloe!! :toot:

Cheers from Ireland,

• Like 5

5 yr plus tube of clonex here.

To be honest I can just stick a cutting in a cup of water and get it rooted.

I have a slab of rockwool (years old) and cut that up to small cubes. Pop a hole with toothpick and place that cube in a small pot of soil and into the heated propagator.

A small CFL is all they have but they can grow to 12 inch easy under it. They soon bulk up and get fat under the big light.

I wonder if the pound shops are hitching a ride off popular culture with the grow range.

Years ago they had some 4 foot by two plastic trays for £2.

On 26/02/2018 at 1:42 PM, bearukc said:

I've used it before but be careful to knock off any excess powder. If you use too much the new root grows as a solid clump rather than branching out.

I always use Clonex  gel now. 

I use it also and get 100% of the  clones rooting.

It lasts ages also. (mines 5 yr old at least)

Cut the clones at an angle to cover more area and there we go.

• Like 2