phenom

49 minutes ago, FunkyJazzJesus said:

I agree with the sentiments here. Rules without rulers, thats just like being in a family, you know you shouldnt kill your brother or sister just because you do, even if they do something fucked up. We should come clean and hold our hands up and be honest and let the truth do the talking and say hey, look, im not gonna stop doing this because its good, if you wanna add rules, change rules, remove rules thats fine but you're just gonna be chasing after us, fair enough. If you wanna waste your life hunting us down, why?

Like bear is saying, make our voice heard but not the voice to an ear that wants to hear, our real voice like saying look this is what we do and thats that. Tell them its never going to stop, say it. I think this idea that we COULD change just keeps shit going on forever, cause we COULD change, but this has been happening since it was banned. No matter what the evidence, at the time, people didnt really know about how cannabis did anything scientifically and we thought it was alright just based on senses, then science proved it was fine and still, not good enough. We should stop being dopey and being like children argueing against parents like pretending we're ill so we dont have to go to school instead of just saying what we really think.

We arent fighting them, they're fighting us. We're just trying to be.

If they wont leave us alone then we should be allowed to fight back cause its fucking ridiculous and im not just gonna stand there and watch people get fucked over.

Abso -fucking -lutely. Hit the nail on the head!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FunkyJazzJesus said:

e arent fighting them, they're fighting us. We're just trying to be.

If they wont leave us alone then we should be allowed to fight back cause its fucking ridiculous and im not just gonna stand there and watch people get fucked over

I get it man, but I don't work in absolutes. IMO, it's not just a case of perfection, or nothing. That isnt a reflection of life. Things aren't often perfect and we sometimes have to compromise to get a better position on the board. Life is a succession of compromises and if we wait for perfection, we'll be continually dissapointed.

Edited by Cambium

I think its easier for a few people to make compromises than millions, eg the people who work for the government rather than the entire populus outside of that, just saying. its not me who wants perfection.

• Like 1

So what are we going to do about it we cannot just sit around waiting for our kids to do something we have to change things for them 

Alot of us already do stuff, we live our life, some of us grow the plant regardless, or buy it from someone who does or what have you. We should be asking to be left alone which is easier than asking everyone to listen to us HEY LISTEN EVERYONE, CHANGE! nah, i just wanna be left alone and thats probably the point we should be making, not some righteous point about how we're right and how evil has happened and all this, all the truth, nah just ask them to leave us alone.

The government have made it so that we have to say they're not evil cunts though because of the mistakes they've made, they cant exactly turn around and say it was all bollocks, they should though, as an individual you have to admit when you're wrong to improve but the government isnt an individual, its nothing, its not real, its a system and the people behind the system want to be seen as powerful and so therefore they cant wear a badge that says government if people think it also means liar, i mean people do think that but they also go along with it.

Its like if i made this arguement and i happened to have a PHD or i was working for some institute in the government how is it so magical that my words now are MORE? thats just bollocks, thats another issue for another day.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus

the problem is their is no such thing as a 420 phonebook to find local dealers or even pay someone to grow weed for me and people like me all i want to do is meet local people with the same interests as me meet up smoke chat give tips on growing or campaigns but no i have to be kept a dark secret hiding away because i smoke a plant. I would love to say what gay people say instead of i'm proud to be gay i want to say " I'M GLAD TO SMOKE WEED" without the police following me or getting funny looks when you ask someone if they smoke weed. The local cc on here does NOT do meet ups and i cannot use the dark web so how am i supposed to get some cannabis yes grow it with my medical conditions i can barely move at times so i am stuck i am not asking for much just somewhere to buy something to smoke which if it was legalised more people would be open about it and new friendships could be made to help the sick and help the dealer trust who he is selling it to.   

Just to sort of play devils advocate, what if it being complex and you have to make an effort is actually better? i know obviously for certain examples like if you're ill, thats not gonna matter but i mean overall. Surely so many people wouldnt have got so into plants if it wasnt for them having to be forced to and then by doing it, they realised about other plants and people involved with weed generally seem to know more about laws, peoples opinions and all sorts because of this. Its a more do it yourself kind of way. Which is always possible but as you can see with the world of convenience we've made for certain things, these ways seem to die shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

Hello,

there is a march happening on Friday. It’s to do with an MP called Paul Flyn and the group called UPA (united patients alliance) I don’t agree with their model but it’s the second reading of the bill. 

Will be interesting to see what happens this time.

peace!

lil d. :hippy:

• Like 2

Guest Buckfacked
21 hours ago, Cambium said:

It annoys the fuck out of me when all we talk about are the negative consequences of the legalisation of Cannabis. Particularly when we already endure most of the downsides of a hyper-capitalised market already. Good or bad, there are regulations on all trade. Those regulations ebb and flow with societies, but they're almost always there in some form or another, again for good or bad.

Just like in any aspect of life in general, those that have a deep interest, or specific need of something, will keep that thing alive. We do it now, well continue to do it if there is a mass market, or harsher attempts to control home growing. I'm prepared to take up that challenge just so Joe bloggs, or phenom up there, or myself can, in times of need, purchase essential medicine without fear of persecution or poor production quality impacting further on health.

The more the simple cost to the nation of cannabis when compared to a legal drug such as paracetamol or, especially, alcohol (I leave tobacco out of this argument as the revenue collected in regard to tobacco is considerably higher than the costs to the NHS, etc, of tobacco. No government actually wants people to stop smoking, they need that money) is the best argument most will understand, especially as that doesn't include the taxation that could be raised that isn't being raised now. That cost:benefit argument should be a VERY compelling one, especially used alongside the evidence gathered from assorted other countries such as Holland, Spain, Portugal and now assorted US states (to name a few) showing that the claims by the anti-drugs brigade are absolute horsemanure.

I'm older than some, experienced more since I never really settled until now, I was always moving around from place to place, even country to country, following the work and having a SERIOUSLY good time on the way. I've seen things "relaxing", in more than one place, and even in the UK it is now a matter of time, and I'd rather wait a little longer and they do it "right" instead of some half-assed knee jerk reaction which, as we know, never works.

I ignore the law.

I prefer to think Normalisation, which is nothing other than the simple cancellation of the laws forbidding consumption. Sales etc, would immediately come within cuurrent retail regulations, there is no need for a special exception with regard Cannabis.

Whilst I agree with Cambium usually, I cannot really grasp the notion of legalisation. Which, to me, sounds like prohibition in disguise. Why do we require new laws? Surely the removal of the DDA, IE Normalisation, is the simplest and best way forward? Disabled peeps (I am rapidly losing walking ability myself and always require help when growing, help with all the physical stuff) would have immediate legal access to weed which would hit the high street very quickly.

Constraining cannabis retail and consumption with the shackles of yet further legislation seems to me to be a step backwards not forwards? Agricultural and retail laws would cover all the concerns folks have.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 3

What's going on in Teesside with their club is encouraging and should be done in every little town up and down the country, that is if it hasn't been stopped yet.

• Like 2

@golf.007, That is exactly the sort of thng I'm on about. Just about to leave a certain Northern city, where the Police say they will crack down on all drug use etc when asked in public, but privately they will say the opposite. They just do not have time or resources to tackly the epidemic of canna-cultivation. I stopped growing when the wife issued her get lost edict, and have run out of my own stash now. Yet I have not run out of smoke, because so many flks round here are growing its never more than a phone call away. Pricey, maybe. But always available.

Someone just dropped off a Q for me. Nicely grown, but not cured. UGORG Disco Biscuit, but was also offered Nonames and Premier Sweet. Which will be here on Wednesday I suspect. I set off the seed and grew them to maturity, then the shit hit the fan, and the plants had to go to a safe house to be finished. This is what Normalisation could look like.

• Like 4

I agree with Golf & Arnie.  Best way to protest isn't really with words and banners because that's not worked in 50 years.  Its to normalise the production & use of cannabis by just growing it along with your tatties and tomatoes and/or by consuming it.  Power to the people :smokin:

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

I ignore the law.

I prefer to think Normalisation, which is nothing other than the simple cancellation of the laws forbidding consumption. Sales etc, would immediately come within cuurrent retail regulations, there is no need for a special exception with regard Cannabis.

Whilst I agree with Cambium usually, I cannot really grasp the notion of legalisation. Which, to me, sounds like prohibition in disguise. Why do we require new laws? Surely the removal of the DDA, IE Normalisation, is the simplest and best way forward? Disabled peeps (I am rapidly losing walking ability myself and always require help when growing, help with all the physical stuff) would have immediate legal access to weed which would hit the high street very quickly.

Constraining cannabis retail and consumption with the shackles of yet further legislation seems to me to be a step backwards not forwards? Agricultural and retail laws would cover all the concerns folks have.

Alright Arnie, hope all is well. I'm totally on board with the concept of normalisation and that ultimately this is where we should be regarding Cannabis. I think that we just disagree on the path to normalisation. IMO there is too much water under the bridge for normalisation to be the next step. A century odd of prohibition has left us in a situation where normalisation is only possible by establishing a regulated market and decriminalising users and growers. This gives us breathing space to collate UK relevant data and we are able to paint an accurate picture unsullied by prohibition propaganda, that can then go on to aid in the normalisation of our beloved plant.

In other words the horse bolted on normalised cannabis the minute it was deemed not normal. I hate that we're here, but we are here, so.......

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 2