help wiring inline duct heater

floppy

3 hours ago, botanics said:

I'm cable monkey trained :yep:

Plenty people out there who will pull you  down mate you dont have to do it yourself

Everyones a fukin idiot anyway, be careful of the so called experts. No one knows how a single atom works so electrons flowing is way more complicated than that. No one has a clue about anything whatsoever

:yinyang:

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Davey Jones said:

What makes you say that @monkeypig mate?, they are thermal cutouts like they fit to tumble dryers etc, they are 99% of the time used as a safety feature so that if things get too hot it cuts the power very useful as a safety feature, thermostatic control would be done separately those cut outs arent rated for many operations its just for when the shit has hit the fan

My reasoning is that those terminals are labelled "stat" on the diagram(It would be very unusual to have high limits that are left for the end user to connect as shown in the handwritten wiring diagram). I agree the paperwork is light on details. Easy way to prove would be to wire up the supply and if it doesn't heat, to try shorting out the terminals marked stat to see if it then heats. If it does that would prove those terminals were for a thermostat. But I didn't want to confuse someone who was obviously lacking confidence. 

• Like 1

They are thermal cut outs mate, see them all over the place as a safety feature

They are not to control the temperature just a safety feature, they arent rated for many operations at all

You can check them with a multimeter and a heat source quite easily

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/02/2018 at 3:47 PM, floppy said:

all wired up & tested, it works as it should, thermostat turns the heating element on & off..

large.20180210_103159-1612x1209.jpg

I do hope you have fused it locally.