moby dick 2

badbillybob

hello stoners, I was looking thru a well known seed site, for future strains and noticed dinafems moby dick #2

Whats the difference then?

Ive grown out the moby dick and the moby xxl auto, and both were very nice smokes and awesome yielders.

I'm just curious as to how they could improve on it? 

maybe Dinafem Mark could chip in with some insider knowledge?, or anyone grown both care to elaborate? Just curious as to whats new about it, different parent or something, what?

cheers

• Like 1

MD (1) = Haze x WW

MD#2 = JYD Haze x NL

Should be very different as WW is mostly Sativa and NL Indica, the #2 should grow shorter and have less stretch in flowering.
Smoke shuld be different as well as WW is very psychoactive where NL only physical.

Sorry to jump in btw.

• Like 5

@amsterdammer Jump in my friend  :)

Your answer was 100% correct with both #1 & #2 Moby dick being very different whilst still retaining some similar traits :)

Sorry for my late reply :)

@badbillybob let us know how you get on with our Moby dick #2 :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Aha, ok, that makes sense,

I'm not a huge fan of NL to be honest, although I do love a nice indica too,  I  much preffer the widow buzz, (it was my first love) and I know its a great yielder, so I think I may stick with the original, but interesting to note the differences.

I also remember the original had a great terpene profile, and was a bit of a stinker,.

I don't suppose the NL one would compare on that front, as its known to be a lower odour strain isn't it?  I could of course be wrong.

How do the yields compare? about the same or.......

Thanks for clearing the differences up for me Amsterdamer and Mark, I appreciate your help.

• Like 2

@badbillybob hello my friend  :)

With Moby dick #1 having that white widow x haze the high can be very heavy and sedative whereas #2 seams to have a more relaxing high  :bong: The yields are comparable maybe slightly heavier with #1. The main difference is the bud structure :)

#1 being more light and airy with #2 showing much more densely structured buds  :yep:

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 1

cool Mark, thanks for clearing that up, 

I have to say, I never had any issues with airy buds on moby #1, they were always pretty  dense and stinky,

I did come across a couple of phenos, when doing moby #1 one more hazey, which had huge calyx which grinded up lovely and fluffy and the widow dominant one which was fairly heavy hitting stone..

I might give #2 a try out, just to see if im missing anything.

would it be a similar structured plant to the industrial plant? 

I was looking to do blue widow next, its been on my to do list for too long and ive seen some cracking plants grown out on here too

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, badbillybob said:

would it be a similar structured plant to the industrial plant? 

Moby dick#2 is going to be around 25% bigger than our industrial plant mate :)

Are you asking due to the heavy nl influence from both strains?

Give her a try mate. You won't be disappointed :) solid strain, big producer and packed full of flavour. Also a superb extract making strain due to the heavy trichome production  :yep:

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 2

i think I will just stick with the original- I know what its like, and I like it

but thanks for the information Mark mate, appreciate it.

• Like 1