Durban Poison

Cantharellus

This strain has been around forever. Every once in awhile you hear how great it can be. Soaring racy high with a high ceiling. Then you do the internet search and see the results all over the map. I saw one dude who ran 4 packs to find the one. I do not have that luxury. I do have a single pack of ten that WERE A FREE REPLACEMENT FOR SOME DNA CONNIE CHUNG OLD STOCK THAT WOULD NOT GERM>

*********************************  THANK YOU GROWSHOP ALIEN  ***************************************************

So here we go. Started germ on 1/19 at 11am. First one popped today 11 am. I am looking for a keeper and also am going to take pollen from all males and mix it up and dust everything I have with it.

• Like 2

Well the bad news is 40 percent germ 4 out of ten. Had 2 grow a short tail and stop and 4 that did nothing. Still hoping but not looking good.  I guess 4 is better than zero so on with the show.

Well I thought 4 isn't enough and now looks like we are down to 3. One has grown cotyledon but thats it. No leaves. Just to check myself I threw down 6 ace seeds malawi on thursday. All six are above the soil and growing. Looks like I got a batch of old seed. The good thing about ACE SEEDS is that every pack has the date they were packaged and states they are good for 2 years from that date. I wish all the other seed companies would do this but thats a pipe dream. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK well 1 of these is doing good. The other two were twisted deformed bastards and are finally starting to come out of it and grow. Gonna be vegging for awhile...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everything moving at a snails pace here. One healthy plant and two that are trying to grow out of their weirdness. Gonna be awhile until flower.

I grew 4 of these out a few years back. Keep an eye out for hermies. I neglected them a little so partly my fault but I ended up with a lot of seeds. Potency was meh in all the plants. Fairly typical of land race sativa.  One was a little better but still you'd have to smoke a fair bit to get where you wanted. On the plus side very strong aniseed smell. 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2018 at 2:57 PM, Sargares said:

Potency was meh in all the plants. Fairly typical of land race sativa.

Sarg, hi mate,......... just wanted to say. If you are a sativa fan. Then this is one worth a look mate. The item in question is a bit more potent than the vintage Durban. over 20yrs work by a sativa master in Argentina !........ still remains the most potent sativa, ney any smoke i have grown. The Fem they call "DesFran"........ you can see in the shot below 82 day from hatch, 42 days in flower, the primordial pheno of this strain, an original 'Mono Landrace" taken 4 ways into hybridization !........ can only be discribed as a full card of mental !! from the first get go, it will have you on your toes !........ to the end smoke which will lay you out flat...... no joke. AM

82/42 DesFran.  (She has another 50-60% of trichs to load up yet)

large_d2.JPG

A previous DesFran Grow....... this one went to the max wire, 104 days full load DF >>>

gallery_80973_6689_88603.jpggallery_80973_6689_39594.jpggallery_80973_6689_188503.jpggallery_80973_6689_112729.jpg

aw those thin pure bred sativa leaves :).. ripening the full medicine....... around 25% plus on the chromo.... and smokes like it !! AM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well that looks nice. Sounds good too.Here are the two I ended up with female left male right. Will try some f2's if everything progresses normally. The third runt never made it so 2 out of ten...

large.IMG_0820.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

ok well the female turned out to be half male and half female. One of the most confused plants I have ever seen. Saved the pollen from the man. No F2's. The end.