Need help

newtothis17

Hi could I put the exhaust fan in the attic and keep carbon filter in the tent? Reason in asking for is because its too loud and I'm at risk of losing it all so I was thinking puttingthe fan into the attic and covering up with insulation any ideas I have two days to sort it or my lol grow is done for cheers

hi. that would work a treat having the fan with a old quilt wrapped around it, hung in the attik from bungie cords, from a few hooks in the a frame wood of the roof. be no vibration noise then allso. with fans to filters, the longer the lenth of duct is fine upto about 5 meters,as you have a 6 inch powerfull fan. 

its having the ducting as strait as possible, thats what reduces power having sharp bends in the ducting. 

get the sucker hung in the loft and crack on my friend. :smokin:

• Like 2

I've hung a 5 inch fan with bungies and quilt in the loft before with straight ducting and with a speed controller, I found with no bends in the duct the fan didn't need to be running on full power to maintain the correct temps and with lights off I would reduce the suction further which would also keep the noise down. I saw someone on here making a fan box out of insulation board and duct tape which is a good idea.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi. that would work a treat having the fan with a old quilt wrapped around it, hung in the attik from bungie cords, from a few hooks in the a frame wood of the roof. be no vibration noise then allso. with fans to filters, the longer the lenth of duct is fine upto about 5 meters,as you have a 6 inch powerfull fan. 

its having the ducting as strait as possible, thats what reduces power having sharp bends in the ducting. 

get the sucker hung in the loft and crack on my friend. :smokin:

Thanks my friend would straps be ok as i don't have bungee cords to hand? That's took a load off my mind thanks again 

Just now, Pat Butcher said:

I've hung a 5 inch fan with bungies and quilt in the loft before with straight ducting and with a speed controller, I found with no bends in the duct the fan didn't need to be running on full power to maintain the correct temps and with lights off I would reduce the suction further which would also keep the noise down. I saw someone on here making a fan box out of insulation board and duct tape which is a good idea.

Great thanks my friend