Fantronix silent fan speed controller

UKBilly

Hi guys, been looking at a fan speed controller which doesn't create fan hum and came across the "Fantronix silent fan speed controller" from another post on here(which is on a very known auction site..), my problem is what size amp one should I be looking for? I have a 8" RVK which has its sticker markings covered but from what I could gather online is its approx 0.5 amps, so would the 1.5 amps controller work?

Figured i'd ask, buy once not twice etc.

Thanks.

yes i used to use a 1.5 amp hydrobuddy voltage stepping fan controller. the same as what you have but a different make thats all.

i used to run my 8 inch high power rvk fan through it no problems. on the first setting or 2nd the fan moved loads of air, and the fan was much more quieter . 

how much is it up for ? 

if your 8" RVK is the A1 model, its 0.5A. if your fan is the L1 model, its 1A, so a 1.5A controller will be fine.

5 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

yes i used to use a 1.5 amp hydrobuddy voltage stepping fan controller. the same as what you have but a different make thats all.

i used to run my 8 inch high power rvk fan through it no problems. on the first setting or 2nd the fan moved loads of air, and the fan was much more quieter . 

how much is it up for ? 

Hi bud they're 60 for the 1.5 amp which from what I know is a good price

Edited by UKBilly

8 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

if your 8" RVK is the A1 model, its 0.5A. if your fan is the L1 model, its 1A, so a 1.5A controller will be fine.

Thanks bud