Fragg

Hey guys having made Bubble hash last night for the first time I thought I'd just do a quick post to say thanks for the Bubble Bags I won back on the April monthly competition along with all the other goodies I received....500 Euros worth to be precise :guitar:

I've had a belly full of hot cannachocolate this evening so thought what a great time to post about yesterday evenings exploits :hippy:

I should have the pic I took at the time in my gallery of the monthly prize, with the 8 bag set of Bubble bags arriving ....tada! :)

large.5926bfb50a4e4_GOTMprize.jpg

Basically I have been working every day since I went to Amsterdam with the Sweet Seeds posse, apart from a couple of days for my sons graduation in July :guitar:, and just had no time at all to use my bubble bags.....yesterday that all came to an end :D  I couldnt wait to have a crack with bubble hash after @Green demon and @beezee both offering advice recently really got me keen to have a go!

I used 158 grams of trim and popcorn I'd saved up and frozen from assorted autos including of course the 3 I was lucky enough to run in the competition this year the Cream Caramel, Black Jack and Mohan Ram plus 3 Jack 47s I've run and a Cream Mandarine XL.<---- there some kick in those strains!!! :smokin: There were a few others too ofc but this is the Sweet Seeds forum afterall and I'm kinda forever in their debt after all their generosity to me and all my family  :yep:

Last night the friend that introduced me to Sweet Seeds, funnily enough, having given me a Red Poison auto a few years ago, came round to help as its a bit of 2 man job and he's made hash loads with bags before. I had 2 carrier bags of ice that I'd made up weeks ago in anticipation:chains: of having some free time to do a run. I put a layer in first then ganja, then ice repeatedly for 3 layers then filled with cold water to the top of the ganja/ice mix. Eh voila! Ready to rock at last after suffering way too many Bubbleman videos lol

I went with Frenchie Cannoli's concept of shaking ripe fruit off the tree and did a short first run, gently stirring for about 10 mins, there was so much ice that more than gentle stirring would have been impossible lol My friend helped with the first run and we shared the stirring and also a blunt:smoke: that as a baccie smoker he found hard and a bit strong I think as he was no where to be seen for 2nd/3rd runs, smoking spliffs with my son lol Having someone hold the bags so I could scrape the hash off the screens was useful but I used a bucket and inverted the bags when I did it solo...

Here is a pic of my friend with the shiny new bags on the first run :)

large.5a0f10d706bd8_1stattemptcloseup.jpg

A closer view of the mix :)

large.5a0f10d912df9_1stattmptstirring.jpg

The second run I used all 8 bags again but did a long stir, gently still nothing aggressive I was far too stoned for that :hippy: I used a jugs of water to pour around the edges to make all the hash go into the middle and washed each bag in the next bag as I went along. I found that having a small amount of water helped scoop up the hash and it went through to the towel easily that I had the drying screens on. I should have lumped it together at that stage though, whilst wet I discovered, hopefully once frozen I can get it off the screens OK :) 

I got alot more as expected form this 'thorough' run but I was also knackered I need one of those portable washing machines from fleabay like Frenchie uses, I have too much pain for all this stirring malarkey these days

By now my arm was getting tired along with the rest of me but I had lots of ice so thought one more run before calling it a night, this time common sense prevailed though and I only used 3 collection bags as well as the work bag ofc. :)I plumped for the 160µ as the top end, 73µ as the mid grade and 25µ as the finest I had

I made a few mistakes and learnt a fair bit for my first time and enjoyed it hugely apart from the stirring lol

Hopefully the pic below explains the patties :) I'm drying it now and will freeze it soon ready to break it up to dry properly.

large.5a0f10d80a80c_1stattemptpullpic.jpg

Thanks once again Sweet Seeds you guys really do rock:rockon: especially @Sweet Seeds-tommy and @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp aka Santibaba :badass:

My sincere apologies for not finishing the report on the Amsterdam trip but work just hasnt stopped all year and I've never had the time until now so my plan is to smoke some hash once its ready, get my self in the right frame of mind :smokin: and get that posted and finished with :yep:

I hope you guys are both well and your gardens are bountiful, we've been following Santibaba.... jayppsweetseeds I meant on instagram ;) Lots of love from the whole family guys we talk about you and the weekend often :oldtoker:

• Like 12

Got to pull out the bags again soon myself, it's a bit of work so I put it off alot. You can save the old 220u work bag by stirring in a sperate bucket and than pouring the water , ice and plant material through your bags. I think I'm going to use the 190u for the plant material 160u , 90u, the 45u for a change usually wouldn't use the 90 but fire in the 120u and 73u . Probably the 25 too. Last time I made bubble , I went Frenchies full spectrum method 159u straight to the 45u. 

Enjoy that Growers Gold Fragg, nice prize to win , sweet seeds always seemed like good people to me. :yinyang:

• Like 5

At last, you finally got round to using them :P

I've got a big run to do myself soon, but I'll defo be using a camping washing machine. 

Nice write up as always @Fragg mate, enjoy your smokes! :D

• Like 5

Awesome Fragg! Great write up and some lovely looking bubble for your efforts. Try not to smoke it all in a week lol Those bags will serve you well for many a run!

• Like 4

@Al Swearengen thanks mate will do! :smokin:Yeah they are the real deal just growers like all of us, just very good ones :notworthy:

@beezee haha no shit mate took forever, months feel like weeks to me these days ffs lol Another treat I've put off for this time of year is catching up with your annual escapades :yep: Glad you've got a big run to do, thought I'd cut my teeth on some stuff I'd rather not smoke and very happy with the return before I've weighed it tbh :)

@Green demon Hey thanks man had a final read of your thread before doing my run ;) Dunno about it lasting once the missus gets a taste:skin_up: it will be gone for sure, we cut our teeth with hash in late 70s early 80s, so she's mad for it :D

Appreciate the comments and help lads :oldtoker:

• Like 6

Haha yeah man I feel that. When my mrs used to blaze we were a deadly combo. I started a bit later than you mate, in the 90's. I cut my teeth on good ole soap bar for the most part, Dutch import if we were lucky. Thankfully times have changed. Soap bar and bubble mentioned together, blasphemy!

BTW hope my thread helped in any way man looks like you got a good result!

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 7

@Mr blueexactly mate high grade from rubbish is just awesome :yep:

@Green demon damn that Soap bar was crap enough to put you off hash for life pretty much lol We were lucky as the world was a very different place then and so there was bountiful hash mostly from Lebanon, Afghanistan and Morocco and all cheap as there was so much of it about, quality green was a rarity back then tho...ahh the days when getting high was cheap! :smokin:

Yeah your thread got me all exited to get a sesh underway with my new toys :)

@ineedofusername get that trim processed mate :)

Now got to get the missus to make some medibles today!...cheers guys :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 6

Ah mate the good old days when weed was cheap and plentiful. I've had the odd little bit Leb, and Afghani hash over the years. Such a delight to smoke a truly incredible product. One summer I had a contact that kept me in supply with ounces of Moroccan double zero hash and that stuff was another level. 

When I went to the Dam the weed on the most part was generic but the hash was supreme. Ten years later I can still remember the flavour from all those joints. I think the isolator hash was the best over there for me. Still, I rank the bubble with all of it. To be able to make that kind of hash in my own home I find somewhat a privilege, and wish more could experience it! Peace homie

• Like 4

Looking delicious and very sweet!!

Thanks for posting, it's always a pleasure to read your post my friend Fragg :punk:

I  want to send you some pictures of our "Trip", stay alert to your email, I will try to send them this weekend ;)

All the best and a big hug!!!

jaypp

• Like 3

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

Ahh Santibaba muchos gracias mi amigo!! :smokin:

That would be superb if you could send them mate as I would love to be able to use them in the last post I want to do on the 'trip' if that is OK? I was looking at the end of next week as the time to do it ;) We didn't get alot of photos as we were too busy enjoying ourselves:skin_up:lol

Big hugs from me and the family to you and yours my friend :oldtoker:

• Like 3