50w diy cob build advice

Crentz

I have come to pick the minds of some technical geniuses :D

I would like to build a 50 watt diy cob light to keep maybe two mother plants alive and some clones in a 60x60x140 tent. 

So far this is what I think I need

1x Cree CXB3590 36v 

1x 1400mA driver

1x 120mm heat sink

some kind of reflector 

what other bits would I need to get this project up and running and what would be the best spectrum to use, I heard between 4000 and 5000 for veg. 

Also any good sites to buy these things in the uk. 

1 X CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri

1 X 120MM pin heatsink

1x lpc60-1400 driver

1x bjb clu048 holder

1x thermal pad or grease

I cant direct you as it would be spamming my own business lol but im sure if you search for this stuff and contact the seller you find they will sort you all the above for around £70 ;) 

Edited by Key4
  • Like 1

I dont have advertising on here so its against the rules. Id ask but i doubt they would let me..

Im on a few other forums with the same name, find me there ;) 

Hi @key4 is that £70 for 1,50watt cob up and running so to speak?

genuinely interested, cheers.Jj:yinyang:

Edited by Jibba jabba

On 18/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, Guest Key4 said:

1 X CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri

1 X 120MM pin heatsink

1x lpc60-1400 driver

1x bjb clu048 holder

1x thermal pad or grease

I cant direct you as it would be spamming my own business lol but im sure if you search for this stuff and contact the seller you find they will sort you all the above for around £70 ;) 

Are you UK based mate ? Ive got a 40 x 40 x 100 tent that i want to use as a mom tent and get rid of the 125w cfl i have in there as its getting a bit old now.

Also have a 60 x 90 x 120 tent that im experimenting with a scrog in with a 315w CMH in a cooltube that id be interested in adding some LED too

Ive been watching a load of Growmau5 vids, and was going to go balls out on a sick build and get rid of my 5 x 315w cmh ballast and hoods and just go for it, but those sorts of rigs arnt cheap, and theres a lot of work involved ( for a 2.4 x 1.2 x 2 m tent ). So i thought id start small and maybe try some supplimental LED lighting out at some point, but start with this little tent first.

Growmau5 builds had me watching his vids for 5 hours straight the other night lol