ZZ does Green Crack and Dr Greenthumbs Em Dog in a vertical scrog.

zztopbudz

What are the dimentions of the groom mate, its hard to get an idea with all those walls of green haha. I like your idea tho its great and see it really working. Shouldnt be long before your seeing buds mate atb

• Like 2

That green crack is one super vigorous plant and very well suited to the vertical style of growing  :)

3 weeks into bloom and I can see a few potential budsites and now the majority of the stretch is over you can now focus on those valuable budsites  :)

Thanks for the vertical update brother :bong:

Will drop back in on the next one where I suspect we will see more flower development  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, cocopips said:

What are the dimentions of the groom mate, its hard to get an idea with all those walls of green haha. I like your idea tho its great and see it really working. Shouldnt be long before your seeing buds mate atb

Hello mate, the room is just a metre squared box. That's all mate. 

zz

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, HSO-Mark said:

That green crack is one super vigorous plant and very well suited to the vertical style of growing  :)

3 weeks into bloom and I can see a few potential budsites and now the majority of the stretch is over you can now focus on those valuable budsites  :)

Thanks for the vertical update brother :bong:

Will drop back in on the next one where I suspect we will see more flower development  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Cheers mate, yes the Green Crack is a defo monster. I was looking at the trunks the other day and the Green crack is double the girth of anything else. 

She is rather dominant and I have to watch that she doesn't shade any of her neighbours. 

Yes we are now 28 days flowering but to me it looks like 21 tops. I have lost a week to the cold I think. Maybe the plant will recoup it over the budding period or it may need that extra week on the other end. 

I cant wait to get the green crack going again indoors with more room to let her stretch. 

I think she will be a big yielder from the look of her. 

zz

• Like 2

So after 7 days of flowering with decent temps , ish, considering we now have snow again lol. A lot more fan leaves and the final bits of stretching is at last over . 

This was the time to get in and do a final defoil and re arranging of shoots on the screen. 

large.20180317_112009.jpg

After the Green crack is a bit more visible , how ive had to bend her to keep her under some sort of control. 

large.20180317_114812.jpg

All But a few of the tallest growing tips have been pulled down and attached onto the screen somewhere lower down. 

large.20180317_114535.jpg

You can see the beginnings of flowering with the budsites good and plenty. 

large.20180317_114542.jpg

Just enough of a defoil to expose all the budsites to light and really kick off the budding. 

large.20180317_114507.jpg

In this pic you can just see to the left where the Green Crack ends and the Em Dog begins . 

large.20180317_114511.jpg

Em Dog in the corner is doing well, plodding along nicely. Not as big in general as the Green Crack , I will be interested to run them away from each other to see if any shading is happening. Some plants just don't like being squashed at all and wont even bother competing for light. 

large.20180317_114807.jpg

I cant knock Em Dog at all, she has been perfect all the way along. Alas I think her clones may have died so I may have to reveg this one and bring her indoors in a black bag lol. I want a good many grows from em dog to test her out . 

I fear the Green Crack Buzz may not be for me but the Em dog may well be on the button for my likings. 

large.20180317_114750.jpg

large.20180317_114724.jpg

large.20180317_114624.jpg

You see the size difference in the 2 plants em dog on the left , Green crack , thr right. 

large.20180317_114746.jpglarge.20180317_114741.jpg

Exactly where the two plants meet , already its beginning to become easier to see the differences. 

large.20180317_114633.jpg

They are both showing pistils and crowning and this next week should start to pack on weight 

large.20180317_114628.jpg

4 weeks flowering , you see what I mean it looks like three tops.But I should be thankful its green and healthy . I sit here looking at fucking snow again , thank fuck its only a 3 day blast by all accounts. 

Touch wood the old leccy blanket keeps them toasty. 

Over and out for another week 

zz

• Like 3

Both of these strains look very well suited to the vertical style of growing and now the stretch is over let's see how they handle the bud stage :)

This is one if not the first HSO vertical grow I've seen and so far I'm loving it :)

Thanks for the vertical update and added pictures very much appreciated and I'll pop back in on the next one :)

Kind regards 

Team-HSO..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate

Right here we go with a late update. 

I took these 4 days ago on the weekend and this is after 5 weeks flowering or 35 days whatever way u do it.

Green Crack mainly 

large.20180325_171216.jpg

A bit closer and you can see we actually have pistils and beginnings of buds. 

large.20180325_171233.jpg

large.20180325_171549.jpg

large.20180325_171345.jpglarge.20180325_171355.jpg

Green Crack is gonna be budded everywhere I think. She has been winding herself up with the fat trunk to go mad at the budding I think. 

large.20180325_171403.jpg

I contained her just on or short of the ceiling with the screen . I will probably pull these down onto the screen at some point. 

large.20180325_171558.jpg

Then where the Green Crack ends and the Em Dog starts. 

large.20180325_171553.jpg

You see Em Dog is also budding well. 

large.20180325_171418.jpg

large.20180325_171414.jpglarge.20180325_171237.jpglarge.20180325_171229.jpglarge.20180325_171517.jpg

That is the back wall shot of them both before I tucked them up for another week. 

large.20180325_171513.jpg

As I said that was them on the weekend just gone.

Another update will be coming in 2 days . I haven't even been in to look at them this week ive been so busy working. Still having a slightly cold snap and the leccy blanket has been on 24/7.

Ive also started them on some Boost in the week as well. 

I'm expecting the weight to really go on in the next couple of weeks. 

Over and out

zz

• Like 3

Morning all 

yesterday was 6 weeks flowering and I'm getting a very big feeling that this cmh light is making my buds look different. 

At first I thought they had simply slowed. But the more I look at the leaves and buds and plant structures , I'm sure I'm seeing new stuff. The shape of the pistils and length and even the leaves are slightly different. 

The flowering does seem slower , like the normal explosion of pistils under hps doesn't seem to have happened. 

Anyway I am in unchartered territory really but to be they look small for 6 weeks, I just hope they catch up and show me the fatness come the end lol

anyway here we go 

Em Dog on the left Green Crack on the right. 

large.20180331_101606.jpglarge.20180331_101632.jpglarge.20180331_101638.jpg

large.20180331_101735.jpg

Green Crack A bit closer , starting to look a bit sativa now. 

large.20180331_101648.jpg

large.20180331_102016.jpg

Em Dog coming along , slowly but surely

large.20180331_101705.jpglarge.20180331_101709.jpglarge.20180331_101716.jpglarge.20180331_101721.jpg

large.20180331_101953.jpg

large.20180331_101934.jpglarge.20180331_102033.jpglarge.20180331_102037.jpglarge.20180331_102052.jpg

Its happening but it seems more slowly and more delicately perhaps .

Its a little bit less explosive than hps maybe. 

Anyway I really have to see some fatness coming over the next 4 weeks . I think they have done the groundwork and set their roots for maximum buddage

I hope, lol

till week 7 

zz

• Like 3

6 weeks into bloom and some nice bud development but as you have said for 42 days or 6 weeks into flower I would have expected to see more buds :)

Is this your first time flowering under cmh lighting? 

It does look like flower production has slowed down but from the cmh grows I have seen the buds have all been much denser in structure compared to hps grown flowers :)

Time will tell my friend and I'll be watching this finish with interest  :)

Until the next vertical update  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 1

Cheers mate, 

yep this is the first time ive flowered with purely a 315mh . I am used to a 400w hps and the last few grows ive flowered with a 400 and the 315. 

It could be that I'm just seeing less yield than I'm used to , the last few grows anyway. 

Or as I suspect , they flower differently under pure cmh. . 

I'm half expecting it to go mad in the last week or something or the plant may be slower because its making more dense buds?

I dunno but each week I cant deny its happening lol, its flowering,  developing,  just at a different rate than normal. 

Maybe I stunted them for a week and I will need to go 11 weeks to become fat and ready. 

One thing I know is that Green Crack bitch will yield the most I reckon lol

zz

• Like 3

hi dude. strange there flowering so slowly ? are you on 12/12 . i have never used cmh lighting yet myself, but from what i have seen so far they grow just as fast as hps, but denser

i would flip them onto 11/13 if i was you. i done that for the last 3 weeks or so on my last grow, and chopped at 8, and 9 weeks. mine were looking small due to light leeks in my tent, so i put blackout sheeting over the sides of my tent. 

just a thought dude.:yinyang:

im running the em dog too, i have 2 at about day 9 of flowering today, and are only just showing 2 white hairs on the tops, tho i have lots of other seed co's gear in there to and there the same, just preflowers . i am thinking of putting my timer onto 11/13 now ,but ive only ever run 11/13 for the last 3 weeks plus. so il see how mine grow over the next week. if looking slow, il flip to 11/13. 

hope they fattern up a treat now there flowering mate. 

all the best. 

smokie1:smoke:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi dude. strange there flowering so slowly ? are you on 12/12

As far as I can remember he is about 6-7 weeks into bloom and like you I would have expected to see more bud growth than we are seeing  :)

I'll drop back in to see how things are doing  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

On 04/04/2018 at 7:27 PM, zztopbudz said:

Or as I suspect , they flower differently under pure cmh

It's looking that way mate. I suspect you will have a comparable yield to hps but the bud structure is going to be totally different  (much denser)

Let's see what the last week's if bloom hold but the real test will be the end product quality and final weight :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Alright boys 

Ive been thinking long and hard about this. 

Looking back at pictures , trying to see what could have caused it .

Here is what I did that I think has caused this delay. 

I vegged with a 250 metal halide and when I went 12/12 I pulled the 250w and replaced it with a 400w hps for the first 2 weeks of flowering. The idea was to hit the plant with more light than id vegged with as in the past the increased light had seemed to slow the stretch down. 

Now the first 2 weeks happened to be when we had bad snow and temps were below freezing outside. Air temps were often between 4 and 7c during the first 10 days to 2 weeks. 

The electric blanket worked but the green crack suffered some cold roots during that period being right near the intake. 

Heres where I think it went wrong. 

After 2 weeks where the stretch is normally done I pulled out 400hps and replaced it with a smaller wattage and a different spectrum of light with a cooler running temp .... ie 315cmh. 

On top of that , around the 2 week mark I did a big old defoil . 

I think the sheer cold and the swapping of the lights at that 2 week mark had made the plant almost begin to flower again or the plant has had to reconfigure itself at that point as temps began to increase and it had to deal with a reduction in light and also a different type of light. 

I have checked the timer in case there was a segment accidently pushed down . But there isn't. 

I have lost 2 weeks by the look of the plants at least , maybe three. 

I'm at 7 weeks but the plants look like 5 tops. 

Healthy enough but not advanced enough for 7 weeks. 

Anyway I'm 2 days late for an update. 

zz

• Like 1