HSO Grow diary 707 Headband & Amherst sour diesel

H4rdc0r3

Todays Groupshots!........cant believe i forgot to do groupshots,another thread reminded me lol 

thank you for the nice comments and checking in @HSO-Mark

2x 707 headbands in the back left and a amherst sour diesel baby in the front right,and then we have the 3 biggest amherst sour diesels to the right,and some randoms

see ya in another couple weeks ;) 

large.IMG_1411.JPGlarge.IMG_1413.JPG

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 8

everything's looking spot on in here mate, its a couple of nice sounding strains you got there, they are definitely on my to-do list sometime in the near future, I will pop in now and again to watch the progress of the plants and good luck with the rest of the grow.

• Like 3

thanks for stopping by @Percygrower_420 and thanks @craigfjyp, a heads up for the next update,switched from 24/0 to 20/4 a while ago and i topped and/fimmed everything the other day,

i say it like that cause i fucked up the fim maybe on the 4x sour d's for sure its more like a mini topping lol  

due to differing opinions/guides online,some say pinch some cut arrgh:wallbash: so i ended up doing lot of experimenting pinching and cutting testing them all on the various sized plants,the bigger ones respond better definitely

but they are already bushing out so its all good,one of the big sour d's is actually really bushy at the bottom from seed even before topping,real tight and compact down there,this one hasnt responded as much as the others might be a bit runtish as its the smallest one out the bigguns

but the 707 i think i got kind of right,one of them maybe even perfectly done(the one i did with least effort go figure) so i will be pinching from now on(got to be careful if you got nails though)

someone told me before about someone on here who was shit hot at fimming technique,are they still active anyone remember who?

i would like to know his/her tekkers! ;) 

e2a:is there anything i can do to help the smaller ones catch up as the scrog will be pretty uneven as it is,more topping on the bigger ones? more?

@HSO-Mark

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
light sched+extra
  • Like 4

overdue pot up,update :ninja:

so today i mixed up close to 100L of lightmix with some ecothrive charge and a sprinkle of some epsom salt thrown in for good measure and some hopefully still viable nematodes(prevention) they where a month out of date as i forgot them in the fridge :doh:  

i was trying to keep the asd's small by not potting up but they way to big for the drobe now so they had to and i just did everything in one go as the smaller ones had decent roots for the most part considering their size so they all went into 14L buckets today,i skipped the 6.5's because theres negligible difference in potting up many times vs a couple in my experience,waiting for lights to come on then i will water them in which is gonna consist of some biosys,1ml grow as they are starting to show hunger and a smidge of mollases which is all bubbling together for a few hours while i wait for lights on,gonna be running 300w dual cfl low down(for the blue spec) and hps on 250w-400w up in the roof on 18/6 for rest of veg.

here, look at some good dirt! hehe(i didnt use the whole bag of epsom just a nice sprinkle) all mixed by hand of course :yes:  

large.IMG_1417.JPGlarge.IMG_1418.JPGlarge.IMG_1419.JPGlarge.IMG_1420.JPG

i know enough with the dirt heres the plants

the asd's,3x biggest front and the baby in the back right,i may top the big ones again(might haveto due to large size)

large.IMG_1422.JPG

2x 707 headbands in the back left and a random seed in the middle,also parked my bucket humidifier next to the intake vent and

heater,hopefully i wont have abysmally low RH with this in there,even though its a little under-powered for the tents size

large.IMG_1421.JPGlarge.IMG_1423.JPG

had to hang up a 2nd 4 way adapter for the extra fan to cool the hps and humidifier,CFL....sticky traps from my gnat battle previous to catch anything that makes it thru the 2 fans on my intake(they catch alot of thrips too which are almost gone :toldya: ) lol 

large.IMG_1424.JPG

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
  • Like 8

On 15/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, H4rdc0r3 said:

e2a:is there anything i can do to help the smaller ones catch up as the scrog will be pretty uneven as it is,more topping on the bigger ones? more?

Yes, I would do another topping which should slow the larger ladies down giving the smaller girls time to catch up :bong:

Nice job on the medium mix my friend  :)

The ladies are going to love that extra medium  :bong:

Your plants look super healthy and a lush, vibrant green :)

Keep doing what you are doing mate things look great and as usual thanks for the update  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 4

Plants looking Lush @H4rdc0r3...Taking Well. Rootgrow Dude:B): it should be religiously placed down when a plant is placed in pot. Mycorrhizal is your Friend:yep:When growing Skunk

At the start when transplanting or mixed in at the end of making a tea.

• Like 4

already supercropped the asd's yesterday and tied it down,to date ive never used any kind of rootgrow or put anything in on transplant,i put a dollop of clonex in the feed i gave them above thats about it,never had any problems.

will update in a couple weeks when they have recovered and made some progress.

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 6

On 18 December 2017 at 11:24 PM, H4rdc0r3 said:

never had any problems.

H4rdc0r3.

Hello mate:) hope ur good. hope you don't mind me trying to explain the usefulnes of root grow. Imagine an extra network(which is fungi) attached to your roots that with help absorb nute.Overall it improves the health of a plant once it gets established.

there is another version called  whiteshark I think but it's American .Look into for future. It's pinned in the organic section on here worth a read under mycorrhizal.

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 2

@Percygrower_420 which one do you use?,i use biosys from seed which has some mycorr in but i have been looking at a strictly mycorrhizae lately for a boost(want to see the mycorr visible on compost,an abundant presence)

in process of reading through teaming with microbes to get a better understanding of whats going on down there

the most prevalent one i see is tnc mycorr max or something ,seems too expensive though? but everyone seems to love it :yes:

its deffo something id look to incorporate in the future alongside the biosys,chitosan and triacontanol are on the table also in the future after reading in depth about them.

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 4

the mycorr max is mychorizo bacteria,

"great white" is another version, as is the "root grow" from B&Q, its a root inoculant, and promotes healthy root zones, wards off evil spirits, stuff like that, you know.

Seriously it is one of those products which does actually work, and will actually promote healthier plants with a great root mass, as well as preventing pathogens.

I think it also has humic and amino acids in it too.

I used to use it years ago, when potting up. I used to take the pot off exposing the rootball and simply dust the mychorizo onto the roots directly, or dust the transplant hole in the bigger pot with it before transplant.

Try it, it works, healthier stronger plants in my experience of it., and you don't need much, I used to use about a teaspoon or two max.

It looks like the ASD id fairly indica judging by the fat leaves.

hope they fly for you .

• Like 4

@H4rdc0r3 I use rootgrow bud It the beeznezz. Teaming with microbes was a really good read....the section on compost tea's is priceless. Just started to get into teaming with nutrients & the terminology is way over my head but you get to learn a little about cells,Albert Howard & justus von Liebig interesting stuff. The teaming with microbes book is probably the best gardening encyclopaedia your going to get:yep:

Edited by Percygrower_420
Stoned
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

going ok thanks @HSO-Mark,apologies for lack of recent update,will post an update after the weekend as im going to go a bit longer on the veg than my original intended 2 months,i decided not to bother with the scrog this time as it didnt turn out how i wanted to(story of my life) :( 

:hippy:

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 1