lots of love for Sweet people!

bitteralmonds

I am not the kinda person who ever posts in a forum but I am compelled to do this!
so here is the gist, first time grower with OCD...tried to germinate about 200 seeds in the last couple weeks from different breeders...what a fucking bummer ! i was expecting to have atleast 50% germination rate...I felt lucky even if one from a pack of 3 germinated and even that was not the case with some.......enter sweet seeds! ( cream caramel, green poison) 100 % germination and they seem to be on steroids compared to the others that germinated.
Faith in nature restored...humanity and false marketing can go fuck themselves!
just got mohan ram, sweet cheese, killer kush, auto fast bud, sweet skunk which i will be germinating in the next couple days
ordering San Fernando, indigo berry kush and cream mandarin from tude as soon as the next monthly promotion start
So if it wasnt for you guys from sweet seeds i would have given up the idea of growing 
lots of love from somewhere close to parvati valley ( i am pretty sure that will ring a bell)
Jai bholenath :)

• Like 8

Sweet !

Done all you mentioned except fast auto.

You can't go wrong with those !

Killer Kush I am doing again now due to how awesomely spectacular the buds were.

Best of luck to you :)

• Like 4

Yes. Sweet seeds are the bees knees ime. All I'm growing outdoor is killer kush fv and cream caramel fv. These really are good outdoor varieties for our climate, proving so up to now anyway and they really stink too. As you say big ones too. I planted mine out pretty late yet they are huge for the time planted out as just seedlings (mid june). Got 7 altogether, 4 kk and 3 cc.

Once harvested is when I will create a thread on these boards about my outdoor grow. I don't want to start a diary and have to boycott it for some reason if I have to but tommy and jaypp are always welcome to ask for pics :)

Good luck mate, they won't let you down. I've done the fast bud and mohan ram auto, both are quality smokes and good to grow. They now do an ice cool auto which should be like the fast bud, I'm sure fast bud has ice cool in it iirc.

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 4

Thanks Inspiration101, indicatoker20 and Tommy!

I am so friggin excited, you can imagine its my first grown and i had been anticipating doing this for the last 20 years!
3/3 sweet cheese just sprouted, 2/3 mohan but i am sure the 3rd will will push thru also.....my first run is going to be about 100 plants so it should be a nice learning curve, I ma pretty sure i will get some decent smoke and tons of experience from this grow, right now i have all the seedlings in a closet under some cfls and chines cob fixtures, a shit load of  samsung lm561c and cxm 22 cobs on the way to light up 10x 20 flower room and a 12x10 veg room
 I will update you guys if i have any amount of success :)
peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well, looks like my streak of luck ended with sweet seeds.....got a few packs from attitude this week....the seeds for fast bud auto looked almost black ...of course 0 germination...same thing happend with female seeds indoor mix...really tiny white seeds , from one look you could tell these arent gonna pop.....have 5 more packs of sweet seeds which i was very excited about but this shit has depressed me.........looks like there is no country left for old men

will try my luck with other new and upcoming seed companies who will have better with quality control at-least till they become popular......

eventually i think i will have to breed my own...DIY just like everything else

• Like 2

I've done 10 sweet seeds strains and other than issues I caused I've had no dramas just lots of sticky,tasty,solid hitting smoke.

The seeds from Attitude are not from Sweet Seeds direct and may have been around or poorly stored at Attitude for ages,do you still have the cards from the packs? If should have a date on and specific batch codes and@Sweet Seeds-tommycan check it out then.

If you go through the years and years of Sweet Seeds grow diaries you'll get a broader idea of your situation compared to others so you can decide where the issue is.

Yes there can be problems but I've had none of note.

Whatever the issue 100 plants is not the type of growing that happens here it's all about personal growing and 100 is way to much for that.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 8

I have also grown out a shitload o sweet seeds strains over the years and like badbqdger the only issues I have ever had have been down to either my enviroment or my cack handedness lol all my seeds came straight from sweet seeds never had any complaints with them :yep:

• Like 5

I don't trust indirect sellers of seeds.

I have had some right dodgy seeds from attitude, I now only buy direct from source.

Visit the sweet seeds site and buy direct is the best way ;)

Am on grow 12 with direct purchases from Sweet Seeds - No issues says it all :D

Best wishes, Insp.

• Like 3

Tbh it sounds like you're not very good at popping seeds, regardless of breeder. If you're in the parvatti valley maybe you should try practicing on local seeds that don't cost a few quid each, especially as you've spent a few hundred pounds on seeds for a first grow. All sounds a bit odd to me tbf :unsure:.

• Like 3

I've had sweet seeds from attitude, high street shops and directly from them.......100% germination and top notch bud.........every time........:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Tell me how do u do it ?

Yo open the pack and........

Cos something is going wrong somewhere brother.

I swear by soaking them in a glass of water for 24 to 48 hours.

After that time you will see the seeds have split their shells and probably poking out a little taproot.

Then using something to simply scoop the seed out of the water (never touch) and put about 10 mil deep into whatever your growing.

Little watering on top. Leave alone for around 3 days and some will be up. Give up to 7 days for them all to come up.

To be really really sure , put them in an unheated prop with the vents closed, so u get condensation on the inside. Soon as they are up , get them out the prop, 1 by 1.

Dud seeds will often float in the glass and not split at all.

All them seeds you bought cant all have been duds.

Next seeds you do mate , do em like above and I bet they come up.

Save yourself a few quid aye.

Good luck

zz

• Like 4

Damn, i tried to delete that post....I m bipolar so that will explain my behavior.

yes i have almost gone thru 300 seeds in the last month..all from attitude and the best luck i had was with sweet seeds thats why this thread was made, some of the seeds you can pretty much look at and tell they aint commin out...the dark back ones...have hd tons of those but was really surprised when the pack of fast bud auto looked liked that and didnt germ.....i was actually disappointed in my expectations you can say, also the thought that whoever packs those seeds can pretty much tell that they are packing bad ones, in you know wht i mean.

I am trying to post the pictures of all the sweet seeds packs i have used up in the past month but dont know how to insert media...will figure it out and post, the fast bud is from march 2017.
I have about 5 more packs of sweet seeds on the way from attitude and I am expecting good things.

and yes 100 plants is the plan ( already have 60 plus seedlings at diffrent stages) it could be more! and no this is not commercial grow.....hell i dont even have friends tht i could share this with, I have zero social interaction outside of the net, the reason I am doing this is I dont want to depend on people whom i buy hash from and i smoke about a kilo a year ( malana first rub) and i had been intending to do this for the last 20 years so maybe i am just going  crazy with this, so far I am loving it... spending all my waking hours with the lil babies kinda therapeutic for my mental state

so the gist is..
1 so far sweet seeds have been my fav seeds
2 i am insane

• Like 2

@zztopbudz i have been doing the soak in water till drown and then paper towel, I guess I will try just letting them soak in water till they show tap root but reading online i gathered that drowning the seed for longer than 12 hours was not reccomended.
Mandala seeds specifically say to put thier seeds straight to the grow medium so for those i did just that 

• Like 2