DIY 2 or 3 Site RDWC Design Help Needed

tokenroll

@GreenVision

All walls, doors, floor and ceiling are double skinned with a 4" gap for ducting if  I recall. The inside vents suck in from the vents on the roof and down the walls. Seems to work really well.

A bit of extra work, I really don't see me taking it apart for a long time.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone no if this filter will be fine for my setup put inline before the water pump?.

The Einhell pump pre-filter is a robust pre-filter that has a maximum flow of 4000 L / h and a maximum operating pressure of 5.5 bar.

This pre-filter protects water supply systems, garden pumps and automatic irrigation systems from contaminants. The washable fine filter can be replaced easily.

• Cartridge size: 12 cm
  • Maximum water flow: 4000 L / h
  • Maximum operating pressure: 5.5 bar
  • Pressure and suction connection type: R1 thread
  • Maximum water temperature: 35° C
  • Mesh width: 0.2 mm
  • Weight: 0.73 kg
  • large.pre-filter.png

ive had quite a few rdwc systems in  the past and I will be honest here, I never used filters on any of my home made ones.(3 or 4 systems)

I also ran an alien XL system and never took anything out of the filter on it either, so I personally wouldn't bother.

Its just one more thing to go wrong. 

just make sure your hydroton is rinsed out properly before it goes into the system and you will be fine. 

Or if you are still worried, get some stainless guaze and put it over the last outlet before the pump

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

@badbillybob thanks for stopping by much appreciated. Not worried about hydroton, my plants are just held in place with Neoprene, I like to hang them free lol.

As for putting some gauze in over the outlets, I had been thinking along the same lines, so will give it a test and see how it goes, no rush as the system is only running as a test atm, till the flower room is empty.

Toke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

now I feel daft I got given one of these systems similar to the alien one but I had pump in res pushing though that line not pulling working well but wondering if should change it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooperman89 said:

now I feel daft I got given one of these systems similar to the alien one but I had pump in res pushing though that line not pulling working well but wondering if should change it 

If it ain't broke why fix it?

• Like 1

@cooperman89 I would say just leave it if it's working good. But most have it setup the other way around, I would say it creates a better undercurrent than passive would.

yeah it will create movement of the nutrients.

Passive will not move anything, unless you have spray bars ..

I would just leave it as is, it works doesn't it?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I've been trying to find so.eine that can give me some input in this system that I'm getting ready to build. I want a rdwc but I need it in a straight line. I don't have enough experience with these ki ds if systems and I'm not sure if I will have a problem with the water level being the same in all the buckets. I'm using 1" black hydrofarm tubing. I just realized I have no idea how to make a picture I to a url. Is there another way I can send you a picture? Any help would be much appreciated!!

• Like 2