Fast Version Mother's

Green Squirrel

Hi all,

I have run a pack of green poison fv in coco and selected my favourite for a mother, 

Cuttings were taken from all seed plants before flowering. :yep:

All the clones (again in coco) are now in flower and the selected mother has been cut and the offspring rooted and in dwc.

Anyways, It just occurred to me with these fv seeds having some auto genetics in them will this shorten the overall life of the mother plant?

I have run clones from clones for over 10 years with some breeds but will I be able to keep a fv for very long?

If anyone has any experience with this be most appreciated.

:smokin:

• Like 2

does it say they are auto's ? .... a plant is either auto or not , there are 'semi-autos' but pretty rare as they tend to revert to photoperiod 

Edited by zero
  • Like 2

They are definitely photoperiod plants.  I have just done a run of three fv version and doing clones from them now - Not a sniff of a flower until they had 7 days+ of 12/12.

Have no fear, your clones are safe :)

I believe your mother will be fine also, the plants really have acted like photo's to me except they finish 1 or 2 weeks earlier.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 2

You may expect cuttings doing well going forward for  a while...

But they can't go backwards.

In my experience.

Cuttings will do well but re veg...

Meh

Not possible.

Tried to re veg sweet skunk fv

Didn't work 

Everything else did 

• Like 3

Hi fellas! 

Green Squirrel, can you share some pictures? I'm sure you can save clones and re vegetate all the Fast Version. I did it for a longtime with this strain by the way.

Are your plants showing some pistils near to the steam, or is a complete start of flowering?

I know that some FV can show pistils with 18H, but they don't end up as real buds. You can save them as a mother forever. 

Also some plants can start the flowering if the pot is too small.

I'd like to see your plants, I believe she can live more time!!

If she is in real flowering, we will send you a new pack because it could be an auto (but as you know, re veg autoflowering or make clones from them is very difficult)

I'm optimist and if you give 18 or 20H to this plant, transplanting to a bigger pot, I'm pretty sure you can save your Green Poison FV®

Thanks to all of you for the help!!

jaypp

Edited by Sweet Seeds -Jaypp
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Hi fellas! 

Green Squirrel, can you share some pictures? I'm sure you can save clones and re vegetate all the Fast Version. I did it for a longtime with this strain by the way.

Are your plants showing some pistils near to the steam, or is a complete start of flowering?

I know that some FV can show pistils with 18H, but they don't end up as real buds. You can save them as a mother forever. 

Also some plants can start the flowering if the pot is too small.

I'd like to see your plants, I believe she can live more time!!

If she is in real flowering, we will send you a new pack because it could be an auto (but as you know, re veg autoflowering or make clones from them is very difficult)

I'm optimist and if you give 18 or 20H to this plant, transplanting to a bigger pot, I'm pretty sure you can save your Green Poison FV®

Thanks to all of you for the help!!

jaypp

Thanks for your input, I have kept the selected (dwc) clone in 18 hours and she is fine, no pistols showing and starting her 5 th node happily veging away.

What I was trying to ask was....

Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought the fv's are photoperiod crossed with an auto ?? 

Therefore wondering if in a year or 3 the auto genetics will kick in and end the motherclone?

Thanks for offering some free beans, no need as they were/ are fantastic, 100% germ and lovely end product, really happy. :yep:

@Phoenix thanks chap, thankfully not trying to re veg as I took cutt from the fav and now have her in dwc 18/6.

How long did you keep/ kept a mother for?

• Like 2

Cheers mates!

As Inspiration101 says, they are photoperiod dependents as any other photoperiod-dependent plants. They will not start flowering if kept under a 18/6 photoperiod. Saying that they are photoperiod-dependent strains crossed with autos is not correct. In a determinate generation they were, but the final product is a 100% photoperiod-dependent plant with one only gene from autoflowering and that gene is the fast-flowering characteristic.

Here's a quote from an article:

gallery_44939_2830_42270.jpg

Here's the entire article: 

Sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 4