PAK temps advice for max purple

soldmybikeforateenth

Hi there,

ive been reading some great grow diaries for the strain especially the ones on here from NezA and Sn00py. (If I knew how to link your members names properly i would, sorry about that people) I've got 5 popped PAK seeds that I've just received from you guys at 100% germ rate. Thanks kindly. 

I'm growing under Maxibright 315w CDM , with control freak fan controller, in 1x1x2m tent. At the mo the seeds are in propagator under T5's. I'm wanting to get my environment spot on then transfer them into the tent in about 7 days.

im wondering if you would have any advice on what I should be looking to set my day and night temps at? I see NezA was around the 27c mark and Sn00py much lower at 20-24. I'm in Scotland so the temps are going to be low naturally but I've got various heating options adjust. I want to max the purple as much as possible but know I need to keep in mind humidity when dropping my temps.

Would you have recommendations Dinafem?

Thanks guys

• Like 1

@soldmybikeforateenthHello and welcome to the Dinafem section of UK420 :)

With regards to our pak it is not 100% necessary to have low temps to get the purple traits to show as this is built into the genetics :)

Saying this we would recommend temperatures of 25-27oC lights on with light of temps at 19-21oC . If in Fahrenheit ideally no higher than 80oF  lights on with light off no lower than 67oF(ideally we advise no more than 12oF drop between light on and off) :yep:

My best advice would be to get a diary going if you have the time then you not only have my advice but that of the UK420 community :yep:

Keep us posted on how you get on mate and always here if needed :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

DJ short would say try in flowering 11/13 hrs (off/on)  light cycle to really bring out phenotype expression... I have tried this method...and worked well.. But it wasn't a purple plant..and wasn't trying to make purple. 

• Like 3

@MacGanjathis could work and have seen this done both ways (11/13 on/off and 11/13 off/on)  the later being used later in the grow to help increase trichome production :yep:

Interesting topic :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

I am growing the PAK at the moment and I will just say for the first 4 weeks of growth before I got her into the final 6 litre pot she was a very droopy and pretty ropey looking plant, I just want to give you a heads up and let you know not to worry too much if yours are like that to begin with.

I have no idea what the temp has been in the tent during veg as I don't have a thermometer in there this time of the year, it stays pretty cool as I have a parabolic shade and it's in a cool bedroom.

• Like 3

@SmokebelchThank you for your input on our pak mate :) in the early stages of veg she is one very unappealing plant to look at, very droopy leaves and for want of a better word an "ugly" plant. When we get past this stage she turns from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan with some of the best end product I have ever tried :yep:

If anyone has an issue there are a few grows on UK420 with this lady and I'm only a pm away if needed :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Hey mate, I'd had a bit of a hiatus from 420 but I noticed your thread.  Mine really turned a dark purple over the last 3 weeks or so in particular - as I was finishing my grow in December the lights off temps were pretty low, probably a little too low to be honest, but they never suffered and the end result was banging - Lights off were approx 18 degrees, with the odd day lower perhaps hovering around 14-15.   

I've got another 10 in for this Winter and I'm hoping for a similar result - PAK is some of the best, tastiest weed I've smoked for sure.   Good luck mate!

Edited by sn00py
  • Like 3

@sn00pyThank you so much for taking the time to drop in mate and offer advice/comments :yep:

If I recall you had a super pak grow and one of the first for Dinafem :)

Did you keep a mother around mate? 

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@sn00pyThank you so much for taking the time to drop in mate and offer advice/comments :yep:

If I recall you had a super pak grow and one of the first for Dinafem :)

Did you keep a mother around mate? 

All the best 

Mark..

Hey Mark, thanks for that - it's good to be back and I hope you are doing well mate :)

I didn't keep a mother, but I really do wish I had! Without exaggerating, the flowers from that PAK grow were the best I've had in years. I love the PAK, and I'm hoping for a similar result this winter too - I might pop a few photos up when things get going and they are flowering, currently they are at the beginning of week 4 veg. 

Great to hear from you mate :)

• Like 3

@sn00pyGreat to see you back on the forum mate :yep:

I'm only a pm away if found any to run another pak diary or I'm also working as @HSO-Mark for HSO and we have a seeds4diary going :)

If your planning a grow maybe HSO?

Real nice seeing you around mate :) stay in touch brother :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1