Light spaces NOT plants

GSZZ

On 9/1/2017 at 7:15 AM, botanics said:

This is interesting this see this leaving the lamp up top :g:  I've never done this way and always did a half metre under 600 in the past and now like it's tight in my box especially if I run at 400 but I did notice that with the halide lamp (never used halide in the past and only tubes for veg and sodium for bloom) and got used to it a bit, they absolutely benefit from being further away than sodiums.  Personally I put that down to the photon energy and colour temp of the lamp but I dunno enough about it all tbh :unsure: yeah really interesting this, but think I'm going to have to convert my box to run scrog moving forwards in order to keep the lamp off them enough...I feel some building and projects coming on lol 

I look forward to your trials, man. :yep:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Golden Syrup -Brilliant thread mate :)

To be honest i never have looked into lighting until recently when in conversation with a re-connected friend he also was talking of this science behind the lighting and i thought...stone me G your late to the party ! lol 

90`s grower i am so always the 18" above the canopy jobby but after reading your explanations and diagrams it makes perfect sense as to why im not achieving the consistency i require or strive for throughout the canopy.

Again great stuff mate its keeping me on me toes :yinyang:

Farmer

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the explanation. I run a 4x3 ft cupboard with 600w and I always have trouble with the plants furthest away from the light that don't yield as much. I will be raising my light as soon as I get home today! It was a grower years ago that told me to get my light as close as possible doh

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey all & especially @Golden Syrup fantastic thread here, great food for thought. Only problem being that figures 3and 4 on the OP are not being displayed!

Could do with them being put up again as they contain the correct information on where to have the lights

Ok, @Golden Syrup

I've read this and the linked thread , I'm still unsure about something. I have a single 315 currently in my 1.2 tent. I want to add 250 MH but I've no idea where to place the lights for best coverage, any tips? 

Cheers 

:yinyang:

18 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Ok, @Golden Syrup

I've read this and the linked thread , I'm still unsure about something. I have a single 315 currently in my 1.2 tent. I want to add 250 MH but I've no idea where to place the lights for best coverage, any tips? 

Cheers 

:yinyang:

Hello mate, I have a 1.2 and 2 315`s and I find the best way to cover space is to have then in a line across the centre of the tent, so the bulbs are following a line rather than side by side, I found side by side the overlap was massive and the outsides were not getting as much as in-line. I can dig out a pic if this isn`t making sense.

• Like 3

Just now, ratdog said:

Hello mate, I have a 1.2 and 2 315`s and I find the best way to cover space is to have then in a line across the centre of the tent, so the bulbs are following a line rather than side by side, I found side by side the overlap was massive and the outsides were not getting as much as in-line. I can dig out a pic if this isn`t making sense.

That's the perfect answer ! Cheers mate really appreciate it :yep:

• 1 month later...

Hello guys and happy new year 2 all.

After reading this,i gave a small angle to my 2 panels,so they hit the tent now,not the center of the plant.

The plant started after an hour,to spread to the 4 sides of the tent and not upward,like it s training it s self,to get a better position to the light source.

That is leaving more space in the center of the canopy and the smaller buds there can have a bigger share of light.

large.IMG_20190102_191206.jpg

You can see that the leaves are focusing on the tent,not upward.

large.IMG_20190102_191158.jpg

I will update in a few days,to see the result.

• Like 2