Camera not being recognised by windows 10

ratdog

I have 4 cameras connected to my pc, one usually fails to activate properly on startup. :( then they get randomly put in one of the device manager headings lol  :russian:   

on the plus side, my time reinstalling cameras hasn't been entirely wasted, I've just been affiliated with twitch :tv_horror: 

• Like 1

@ratdog I use a 400d with Adobe Lightroom and that is usually OK.  My camera USB lead is getting dodgy now though, so there could be something similar with yours, if it's being temperamental.

Edited by worzel

The noise my pc makes when devices are connected, is related to power consumption, not a handshake. My last two pc's have been like this, so I guess it's normal. So a faulty cable may well make all the right noises, but not see a device.

• Like 1

Yeah, I plugged it in this morning and it was playing up, worked in the end but may well be the cable/connection points.

thanks again chaps :)