Camera not being recognised by windows 10

ratdog

Hello people, I just took a couple of pics on my 600ds and went to upload and it wont do fuck all, it was fine a few days ago, nothing has been changed. I`ve scoured the net but the answers are not getting close, can any one help?

I had a similar problem with my webcam.  It turned out to be a bungled update.

I fixed it by going to the devices page (afair) and deleting it.   Then rebooting the computer and plugging it in again and waiting for it to install the sofware again from scratch.

Edited by Bird
  • Like 1

Have you got another computer you can plug it in to - Just to work out if its the camera or the computer ? 

Cant go wrong with a full reboot then try plug it in again also.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 1

Right click windows icon, go to device manager, find camera in imaging devices (I guess, maybe elsewhere) uninstall driver, plug camera back in then restart pc. :)  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I fixed it by going to the devices page (afair) and deleting it.  

Struggling to find any software to delete, windows 10 doesnt have drivers or software apparently, just runs from the camera?

5 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Have you got another computer you can plug it in to - Just to work out if its the camera or the computer ? 

Cant go wrong with a full reboot then try plug it in again also.

tried it on my windows 7 laptop, tried to upload a driver but that`s not working either lol

5 minutes ago, Hazeworks said:

try a different usb port

tried two mate

2 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Right click windows icon, go to device manager, find camera in imaging devices (I guess, maybe elsewhere) uninstall driver, plug camera back in then restart pc. :)  

Cant find the driver mate, devices has nothing much of help in there

8 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Cant find the driver mate, devices has nothing much of help in there

plug the camera back in and look in human interface devices, or sound, video and game controllers :)  might also be in universal serial bus devices. 

3 minutes ago, Saddam said:

plug the camera back in and look in human interface devices, or sound, video and game controllers :)  might also be in universal serial bus devices. 

Thanks mate, but not in there either, fucking computers! lol

It was a while ago, but it wasn't a user installed software package or the device manager.

I think it was under installed devices or peripherals.   A bit like with printers

e2: just had a look and I reckon it was devices and printers where I deleted it, could have been scanners and cameras.

Edited by Bird
  • Like 1