arthur lee

11 hours ago, rob2016 said:

The plant needs the leaves !!

Why do you thin out at this time?

Hi @rob2016

Growing is all about sharing techniques - discovery & opinions

You are not alone in feeling fan leaf removal is abuse of a plant

@420engineer is on my way of thinking and explains our reasoning for doing so

And it works for me and gets reasonable results ....

Although my diarys are not particularly frequent on here ... they do span over a decade or so ...theres many a trial & error ..adding to the fun

Spread the love

Arthur 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of pictures showing my grow room environment :yep:

large.c59dfb2a-9444-422a-a2be-e0e38d31673f.jpglarge.e11a5281-af74-4782-a497-6dcdd4049707.jpg

Well ...82f would be nice ..but over 24hrs I'll settle for this 

Love

Arthur 

Edited by arthur lee
  • Like 2

A quick update on the original amnesia and Strawberry Amnesia roughly 4 weeks into the flower cycle :yep:

large.ffa35622-5c4e-49e5-9f73-b9171333a4d6-1200x900.jpglarge.beff1933-816b-4448-8b37-0fcb73ae56bf-1200x900.jpglarge.63328f78-3f8f-469b-b60a-54dc8e36e1ba-900x1200.jpglarge.21731b14-e08c-465c-86d7-eeeb85e98ba0-1200x900.jpg

Love

Arthur. 

• Like 4

I'm adding some words to accompany the recent photos

Thankfully 420 members help to put the pictures on and I then script something using the edit button

Alas whilst travelling today ...my new all singing/dancing phone could not access any over 18 sites untill I sign in / password etc ....could I remember ??? 

Anyway...better late than never .....

Photo 1 

Just a snap of the girth of the stem on the original ammo ...plenty of air roots and the fabric pots continue to impress as we approach 4 weeks of flowering

Photo 2

Is the cannopy of the original ammo ..1 plant that accessed loads of natures free lumens in veg and came inside under the 600 to where she is now

Photo 3 and 4 

Is the strawberry amnesia ..im impressed with her development too

Thank you to @jadenugs & @rob2016 for popping in

Love

Arthur 

Edited by arthur lee
  • Like 2

@Arthur Lee

What's your EC

How frequently give you water a week

What kind of nutients do you use

It seems the same as my Strawberry Amnesia

• Like 1

Hi @rob2016 ..the fabric pots are thirsty and like a daily drink 

I tend to slowly increase the ec levels as the plant develops and check the run off to see how much there using 

It's week 4 and I'm around 18 ec and tend to not exceed 20 ec throughout the flowering cycle

Feed wise for the coir ....whatevers laying around or gifted lol

I've got some free remo nutrients - raw solubles powders that you mix yourself - some shotgun - vitalink buddy & health shop back strap mollasses 

They all achieve pretty much the same results 

But ...only one at a time lol

A decent enviro is the key to success and it's better to slightly underfeed as opposed to overfeed

Love

Arthur 

• Like 4

Plants are looking good mate :) really nice stem structure and those fabric pots sure do look to be doing very well for you :yep:

Both your temps and humidity look bang in, yes temps are slightly high but who's are not especially this time of year :)

Both plants look to be getting some weight and trichome production is in full effect now :yep:

Can I ask what type of environment are these ladies being grown in?

Do you use hps lighting?

What's your room size?

Do you use fans or passive intake?

I have checked out some of your past work from over 10 years ago and back then you looked to be doing things and showing the community some life hacks to get the most bang for there buck :)

Would be cool to hear the environment now mate and thank you for the text and picture update very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@rob2016This should be a good one to follow mate as I think there is only 1-2 weeks between you 2 :)

As said ec has been pushed to 2.0 :yep: and your ph was bang on :)

All the best 

Mark..

Hi @Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for dropping in .... I can forget the smaller details & appreciate that these need to be clear for the new growers seeking self sufficiency 

My fans are bog standard 2nd hand rvk's a 5" inch in - 6" inch out ...WARNING .. the next bit is what I do to silence these

It works a treat .. but how safe it is ????

I wrap the fans in earthwool acoustic insulation then cling film and tie it up like a joint of beef lol - the same for the ducting ...cheap as chips & the decibel meter on my phone rates the noise below normal conversation to boot 

I'm using 600 hps lighting with 6 plants in a square meter ... air movement is assisted by two budget pedestal fans ..one twirling around the room ..the other pointing at the air out ducting to help move it along

The high tech watering system is available purpose built by me and I'm looking @ copyrigby for it ....as it's pure genius & to order from me and have change out of £2000 makes it a bargain !

X4 large concrete air bricks 

X2 large trays that sit on them

X2 pieces of 2x2 to create a take to guide water to the centre

X1 hole per tray ( ×3 plants in 2 gallon / 9L fabric pots fit comfatably  )

X1 washing up bowl for run off

Approximately £9 .. but I like to rinse the public ..so ...call it £1900 for cash but enquire in advance for delivery costs first...i only use the best ....yodely yodely hee hee .

Love

Arthur 

Edited by arthur lee
  • Like 3

@arthur leeYou sure are inventive mate :) sounds like a bargain system and will be watching to see how the homemade tray system works :yep:

All jokes aside you do show this can be done and not at some scandalous prices. It is all there to copy and I'm sure if members need more details you are only a pm away :yep:

So you are doing 6 plants per 600w hps,  will be cool to see if you get that magic gram per watt :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Hopefully I will @Dinafem-Mark ... but in order to boost system sales ?!? I will be achieving way more than a gram per watt 

Let's not allow the truth to stand in the way of profits 

Love

Arthur

Edited by arthur lee
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rob2016 said:

@Arthur

On holiday ??

Sorry @Rob2016 bit overloaded on home front etc but school hols cease soon & back to normal

Love

Arthur

• Like 1

@arthur leeGlad things will be settling down in the coming weeks :)

If you need any shots resizing and uploading I'm only a pm away :yep:

Looking forward to the next update. Until then :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 1